Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
Not everyone is going to like what I have to say, so I apologize in advance for that…

WARNING: I Ramble as I type….

Hello everyone I just finished registering with your forum and this is my first posting. So let me tell you a little bit about myself, I’m a 23 year old male, turning 24 next month, I have a few ASE certifications under my belt, I enjoy fine dining, long walks on the beach, and since 1997 I have been 110% into F-bodies. As of right now I own a few cars, 2005 Impala SS, 2001 Impala, 1986 Trans Am, 1991 Ford Explorer, 1989 Jeep, and I am planning on buying a 2002 Sunset Orange Trans Am in the near future, so yes I have a few sets of wheels to get me around.

Okay with that all done, I want to get to the reason that I registered, I wanted to put my 2 cents out there for everyone to beat around and see what they think about it….. I have been stalking your forum for about a year and a half now, constantly checking the posts to see what everyone is talking about, usually on a hourly basis because I’m on the computer all the time while awake (work, play, it doesn’t matter, I’m on a computer whichever way.) My biggest thing that I do is that I run searches on a member that I am sure all of you have heard of by the name of Fbodfather AKA Scott S. and I have to say that from what I have seen and read 99% of you (as in members of this forum) are some of the greatest people in the Camaro world and I can’t stress that enough! (some of the people that fall into this category in no specific order are {Tag ur it, mindz, tran, pinkcamaro10, dragon eye, the blur, shank0668, boxmonkeyracing, killer74z28, fandango, silverturtle, I could go on and on, again, pretty much everyone falls into that category and I just chose those names because they seem to post the most so they stick out in my head as I type this.

Unfortunately some people can not be in with the “Cool crowd” that I mentioned above because it seems that some people just want to complain about things, I don’t want to mention any names but lately it seems like there have been some verbal attacks on the Preproduction Camaro especially since this last set of photos came out, I understand that you might not love the preproduction Camaro 100% but then again, is there any car that anyone loves 100%? With any normally priced car it is not designed or engineered just for that one buyer, the car was made with that other 99% of the public who likes the car and would possibly want to own one. Granted there are some cars in the world that are designed to be loved 100%. But then they fall into that category of being loved 100% or hated 100% you all know what cars I’m talking about because we all point and laugh at them everyday like the Scion XB, the Honda Element, the new Toyota Land Cruiser, the toyota prius, and that clown car named Smart just to name a few. Basically what this rant boils down to is that it breaks my heart to see fbodfather have to defend the preproduction camaro for two main reasons #1. IT IS NOT DONE YET, you might as well go to a fancy restaurant, order your meal, then instantly run to the kitchen and complain to the chief that the steak is too rare even though he has not thrown it onto the grill yet. And #2. This Camaro is something that he helped to create. In some ways it’s like his child. Now I personally don’t know scott but I’m sure that he has spent countless late nights trying to work out the bugs whether it was during the concept stages, the design stages, the engineering stages, and now the prepo stage. Some of the past and present complaints that I feel that those 1%ers should try to restrain from going on about are as follows and are not limited to: the B piller being added, the taillights being amber for some countries, the gas fill location, rear view mirror shapes and sizes, the gauges and their colors, the 5 mph bumpers, and now the front license plate bracket. Things change for a reason, whether the changes were brought on by the government stepping in, the cost of the part/design, the ease of manufacturing, or for structural integrity. The end result is still the same, it was changed if you do not like it when the production Camaro comes out, then don’t buy it, or change it yourself. And please stop trying to pull down everyone’s outlook to match yours. I want to head out on one final note. Now to sum up what scott has been saying for months now, just wait and see the Real Camaro I can almost guarantee that you will like what you see, and if not, then they tried their hardest. And please keep in mind that No Car in the history of automobiles has ever gotten so much input from it’s enthusiast following as THIS Camaro has, No mustang, no corvette, no civic hell, no past Camaro for that matter. We are the almost spoiled for being able to see this baby be born from a concept and grow into a part of society and everyday life. So if there is something on the Production car that you don’t agree with do what I do, blame it on the government or gas prices then change it and be happy.

PS Part 1 please don’t start complaining about the look of the mufflers, it’s exhaust, it can be changed easily, you might as well b***h about the station that the radio defaults to from the factory.

PS Part 2 also I know that the point of a forum is for someone’s voice to be heard whether they agree with something or disagree with something, but I still feel that a select few people have voiced a little too much hostility towards Camaro that is not even fully developed yet.

EvilPenguin

Last edited by AnEvilPenguin; 07-13-2008 at 07:59 PM.
AnEvilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Welcome...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:03 AM   #3
LegacyZ28

Drives: 1991 Jaguar XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEvilPenguin View Post
WARNING: I Ramble as I type….

#1. IT IS NOT DONE YET, you might as well go to a fancy restaurant, order your meal, then instantly run to the kitchen and complain to the chief that the steak is too rare even though he has not thrown it onto the grill yet. And

EvilPenguin
Awesome comparison
I think you are right on. There are things to complain about, but you can't complain about everything. And come on, it's not production! You might be able to option out that front end and make it into the concept, or new bumblebee, depending on what yyou want. And the aftermarket will be all over this as soon as it's out.
Bottom Line
Just wait until at least the 22nd before you complain!
How would you feel if hundreds of people came to your work and critisized the smallest aspects of your work, which is amazing in whole?
LegacyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Welcome good sir. I feel left out from the list. =(
Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Welcome good sir. I feel left out from the list. =(
Ha ha, you're not KOOL...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Never was. /wrist
Old 07-13-2008, 05:29 AM   #7
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
welcome... but for the record i own a scion xb and love it. so you are 100% right, there are cars that are 100% loved or 100% hated.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #8
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Not everyone is going to like what I have to say, so I apologize in advance for that…
Like it? I didn't even READ it. It's a 3 page long block of text. Please use your enter key to make some paragraph breaks.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 AM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Wait a minute........

Folks, I think Shunt has finally spoken!

We need your location. You can send it in cryptic code...... (gtahvit can decipher it).
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #10
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Welcome
What he said.....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
CedarHillCamaro

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro(12/09!!)

great post.
CedarHillCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
welcome and well said
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #13
discoteka

Drives: Oramac
People are going to scrutinize anything that they don't like...I disagree on the OP's muffler aspect however. Unless GM offers an exhaust package, which I think they will, they should definatly do something about hiding the muffelers. Why should I be sucked into paying another 500 for a catback just because I want to hide the muffs...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
paint 'em black and they won't stand out as much....no big deal.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote