Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Should the V6 auto get a LSD?
Yes, it should be a standard feature. 38 51.35%
Yes, it should be an option. 24 32.43%
No, the stability control is enough. 14 18.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #15
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
No I think you guys need to realize that they have a low price goal for the entry lvl Camaro. It's marketed to daily drivers.

So no they don't need it. It's got traction control so that helps if your slipping.

If you want the uber performance you need the SS or you wait to upgrade the powertrain later.

All these things people want on entry Camaro are a disaster. If GM can't move the LS in good numbers the car won't be produced for very long.

even so they could still make it an option.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Not to be a jerk but you can select all 3 options for this poll, I don't think that's proper.
Lol yeah I realized that after I posted it, I had a lot more options but I figured it would not accurately portray the results and I forgot to uncheck the box. Meh I guess you can kinda select the first two and it would make sense.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I don't know if it's such a good idea to drive a car on LSD
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
No I think you guys need to realize that they have a low price goal for the entry lvl Camaro. It's marketed to daily drivers.

So no they don't need it. It's got traction control so that helps if your slipping.

If you want the uber performance you need the SS or you wait to upgrade the powertrain later.

All these things people want on entry Camaro are a disaster. If GM can't move the LS in good numbers the car won't be produced for very long.
The cheapest camaro ($900 cheaper manual version) has it. So there goes your argument.

You live in Texas where it never snows. You guys don't need it.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #19
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
The cheapest camaro ($900 cheaper manual version) has it. So there goes your argument.

You live in Texas where it never snows. You guys don't need it.
Well there is a good deal of bad weather (ice/rain/a little snow) in Dallas and everywhere north, which is quite a few places. And we are not just wanting this for ourselves in Texas, but for everyone and considering it does snow in most other places besides Texas I think it should be included in the $900.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
I know this is a little different. But with the Cobalt SS Turbocharged a viscous LSD is a separate option and costs $495.00 Chevy should at least offer it as a option for around that price...
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
I don't want it because it will help in bad weather, I want it because I plan on heavily modding my camaro and I'd like to have power to both rear wheels... (>.<)
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #22
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
It would be nice if it was at least an option. Then I could order a base V6 version with an AUTO and buy the LS7 for an engine swap. It would be an awesome car for under 40k
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #23
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
NO. the performance gap is already close enough between the V6 and V8
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

I actually didn't pay attention to any of the other posts so I don't even know if any of the V6 camaros (auto or stick) are getting LSD...

But if you plan on doing doing some serious mods to your V6 .... as in converting to F.I. chances are if you're making 400-500hp you're better off just buying an aftermarket LSD.... Which could run you $800-$1100. There's also different types of LSD, Viscous, Quaife, one way, two way, so you'll need to see what's right for you.

That's going to depend on if it's going to be primarily street driven, or taken to the drag strip, or a road course....

Then if you don't know what you are doing it's going to cost you some $$$ for labor, because you have to remove the rear axle then you have to open it up tear out the differential, replace it, seal it back up.... get what I'm saying?

Then it'll probably take some time for the aftermarket industry to even offer LSD's for the Camaro...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #25
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
I actually didn't pay attention to any of the other posts
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
NO. the performance gap is already close enough between the V6 and V8
I thought it was pretty big, considering the SS has the FE3 suspension, Brembo's, and way better track times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
That's going to depend on if it's going to be primarily street driven, or taken to the drag strip, or a road course...
Considering the majority of buyers will not be competetively drag racing their Camaros I think a LSD geared mainly towards a street driver (or rather an aggressive street driver!) should be standard, and hopefully it will be durable enough to handle a good deal of mods for buyers like Shadowsong.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #27
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
I didn't want to throw out the performance argument since the SS is supposed to be the performance model. I'm not spending $8k just to get things I should have available to me at the very least as an option. I would get LSD and Brembos for sure.

GM tries to cut too many corners. They love to completely abandon and ignore the V6 after market crowd. Just make the engine the only difference. Just like it was in the 4th gens. They are forcing me to either look elsewhere or consider a 1y used SS(will probably drop $8k in the first year).
Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #28
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
I didn't want to throw out the performance argument since the SS is supposed to be the performance model. I'm not spending $8k just to get things I should have available to me at the very least as an option. I would get LSD and Brembos for sure.

GM tries to cut too many corners. They love to completely abandon and ignore the V6 after market crowd. Just make the engine the only difference. Just like it was in the 4th gens. They are forcing me to either look elsewhere or consider a 1y used SS(will probably drop $8k in the first year).
Good observation. If Dragoneye sees this post he's going to have my head... but I think while there will be some aftermarket support out there for the V6 Camaro, I think it's going to be largely overlooked sorta with the V6 Mustang. I mean yeah there are turbo and supercharger kits out there for the V6 Mustang, but there's not as much out there like there is for the Mustang GT. If anyone here is planning on getting the V6 Camaro, and has performance in mind, and thinks they are saving themselves some cash by not getting the SS, and then using that money to upgrade their V6's are going to be making big mistakes...