Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
Seriously. Have an exhaust shop cut off just before the butterflies, scrap from there back (mufflers included). Weld in some pipe, make sure they give you room to drain the rear diff, weld on some nice tips and your done. About $100, best bang for buck mod you'll ever do.
I need to hear it done on someone elses car before I do that. I don't want it so loud that I wake up the neighbors when I leave at 3 am.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
however, slow accel with the car staying in 8-cyc mode (like stop and go traffic) creates a similar vibration to the AFM mode and they slightly open/slightly close and rattle and are annoying.

I had mine welded open. fixed the issue, drone doesn't bother me, as I have stated I have had 3 vehicles with an AFM system, all with exhaust of some kind and I am not bothered by the drone.

My exhaust/muffler guy charged me $25 and simply welded a small bar across the springs so they can move.

here, I made a photochop for you:

Great! Yeah, I don't have the AFM issue any longer but as you pointed out the vibrationi is still there at times.

Like you I'm not worried about drone. Looks like a simple cheap fix.. Thanks!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Great! Yeah, I don't have the AFM issue any longer but as you pointed out the vibrationi is still there at times.

Like you I'm not worried about drone. Looks like a simple cheap fix.. Thanks!!!

make sure to do 2 sides of the spring.. I did side and bottom.

I started with 1 side and drove it for a couple days and there was still enough vibration that they moved, though very slightly, it was noticable to me.

plus if you ever sell, it takes a few minutes with a torch to remove the bar, and you are back to OEM, if you care.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I need to hear it done on someone elses car before I do that. I don't want it so loud that I wake up the neighbors when I leave at 3 am.

Youtube, 'camaro ss muffler delete'. You'll get an idea. It's all perspective on how loud it is.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote