Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
Sadly YES! So much for free trade between our countries! For a 2SS it's gonna run you around $45,000 MSRP but now there is some GM Employee pricing which will take it down to only $41G
that's sad considering it's made in canada
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
wow, y is there always such a price difference from canada to us?
Haven't you heard? All Canadians like taking it in the ass.

I look at paying more from the other side of the coin. There aren't as many Camaro's here, and the ones you do see are usually driven by older men/women who can afford a 40k car. Adds a little extra prestigue to it you could say!
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
that's sad considering it's made in canada
Ya no kidding. Here is a sticker from a buddies new Camaro! Also saw a radio station using a Camaro for a station vehicle!
Attached Images

sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Actually a friend of mine bought a Boss yesturday for $47,000 out the door.
Wow, he got a hell of a deal. My friend bought one recently with the Leguna Seca package and silver/orange paint scheme and it came to nearly $85000. This did include taxes and shipping from Edmonton to northern Ontario though. Damn, we get hosed up here...

BUt i know what you mean OP. The idle sound in the Boss with the cutouts open is just amazing. I got to drive his Boss back-to-back with my L99 and I must admit it does feels a bit quicker. It sure sounds a lot quicker when you swing the tach past 6K. Unfortunately the Recaro's got a bit painful after a little bit and I'm still not a big fan of the interior. And the stock Boss stereo sucks.

Overall, I'd still like one parked next to my SS.

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #19
ouhockeyplayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Devon, I'm glad you got to experience one as well. If anyone ever has the chance to drive one don't pass it up. Hopefully by the time my Camaro is payed off a Z28 version will be available for me to jump on.
ouhockeyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #20
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouhockeyplayer View Post
All I can say is wow. I can't get the grin off my face. If the ZL1 is anything like the Shelby and more then we are in for one amazing ride. The Boss 302 is simply an amazing car. I had the privileged of driving it with the track key activated and the dump outs open and it sounded amazing. Kind of made you just want to sit there and listen to it idle. The power on both was mind blowing, and it took nothing to break the rear end loose on either car. Now I am Chevy guy and I always will be, but I wouldn't mind having either one of those cars in my garage. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for a Z28 that will compete with the Boss.
Great to hear ... I'm sure since the GT500 was the car the ZL1 is gunning for that it would be a similar experience. The boss and LS version spoke for themselves on the track with the times they produced .. hell even the GT is a great buy.

Good time to like American Muscle! Hopefully the ZL1 will be as fun to drive and that GM comes out with a Z/28 to compare to the BOSS ..

Crowley
Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Ya those are CND prices and I also factored in options to take those cars to a 2SS level. Worked off the Ford Canada site. Just looked at a Shelby yesterday in our local dealership show room...$61,850 +taxes (yes we get hosed bigtime up here, despite the fact our dollar is worth more than the US dollar right now) Oh and dont forget I am paying $4.90 a gallon!!!

Here in Vancouver BC a 2012 GT500 with the SVT-PP, electronics pkg and Recaro's is on for $59,540(employee pricing sale-$65,000 sticker) the 2012 Boss they have with Recaro's and Torsen diff., sticker is $52,000...no discount and no mark-up. For $7k more I'd go with the GT500.
Plus the crappy 12% HST...I need to move back to Alberta...only 5% GST back there.

$4.90 per gallon...I wish!!!! They hose us $5.70 per gallon for 94 octane out here on the coast. Ouch!!!
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
Haven't you heard? All Canadians like taking it in the ass.

I look at paying more from the other side of the coin. There aren't as many Camaro's here, and the ones you do see are usually driven by older men/women who can afford a 40k car. Adds a little extra prestigue to it you could say!
LMAO....40k a prestige car.....a new pickup truck costs way more than that!!!Lol....aaahh I miss the hicks out in Saskatchewan (my dad was from there and I've got relatives there).
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #23
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPower View Post
Are you comparing those cars to an SS or the V-6?
Didn't look like he was comparing them to either, just saying he liked them and wants a chevy competitor soon.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #24
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
$4.90 per gallon...I wish!!!! They hose us $5.70 per gallon for 94 octane out here on the coast. Ouch!!!
I thought Van was around $1.40 litre for premium? Guess I dont feel so bad now! Lucky SOB's in the states paying only $1.00 a litre!:flag2: Ahhhh the good old days!
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #25
porcupinekiller

Quote:
I thought Van was around $1.40 litre for premium? Guess I dont feel so bad now! Lucky SOB's in the states paying only $1.00 a litre!:flag2: Ahhhh the good old days!
$1.52 per liter for the good stuff (94 octane no-ethanol Chevron) and I'm sure it will keep going up.
Last summer it was around $1.36 per liter.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #26
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Chevy need to make a Z-28 but i' afraid the Boss will be long gone by the time a new Z-28 comes out.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #27
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
LMAO....40k a prestige car.....a new pickup truck costs way more than that!!!Lol....aaahh I miss the hicks out in Saskatchewan (my dad was from there and I've got relatives there).
At least this "hick" doesn't have reading comprehension problems.

I did not say 40k was a "prestige car", what I did say, and you failed to understand, is that a car costing more stops every kid out of highschool from buying one. So I don't have a Camaro every block driving down the road beside me, which ADDS prestige to it.

Straight forward enough for ya?

Anyways, yes GT500 nice car, lots of power, etc. Hijack over.
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #28
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
At least this "hick" doesn't have reading comprehension problems.

I did not say 40k was a "prestige car", what I did say, and you failed to understand, is that a car costing more stops every kid out of highschool from buying one. So I don't have a Camaro every block driving down the road beside me, which ADDS prestige to it.

Anyways, yes GT500 nice car, lots of power, etc. Hijack over.
Sorry you actually used the non word "prestigue". I was assuming that "prestige" was what you meant. LOl

You do seem to have some spelling skill problems, which can lead to comprehension problems by others. Lol