Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #6903
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
If I am in the mood for a red I usually go for...

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #6904
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Funny you should ask. We put our house up for sale on Monday and got 4 offers today. One included a letter from a family pleading with us to sell it to them.

I don't think we under priced it, but there are apparently no houses for sale in our area and the ones that are for sale all need work (at least according to our realtor).

We've looked here in Naperville and Mrs. Number 3 is coming in this weekend to check out some places in Bollingbrook. Just hard to narrow it down and we'd be guessing where she would end up working at this point.

All we can say is you can buy a lot less house here for a lot less money and I still haven't seen what the folks in DuPage County get for GIANT property taxes they pay. Holy moley!!!!!

Affraind we may be renting for a short while if for no other reason than to not be rushed into a decision.

All going very fast......................not as fast as a ZL1, but fast.

And if we are talking wine...................Russian River Pinot please!!!!!
I need your realtor's phone number I am starting to think I have a permanent vacation home in West Michigan.

The Chicago area is brutal with property taxes and home values.

Our Michigan home was the first house we looked at, it just took 18 months to know it was right which should have been our first clue to our ability to turn the house Here in Texas, we think we have the right home and because of market conditions were able to lease with the option to buy.

Russian Valley hmm, tell us more.

I enjoy really hearty reds. The best bottles it has been my pleasure to enjoy were Grange Estate from the Barossa Valley, Quintessa from St. Helena and Elderton Commander again from Barossa. Here in Fredericksburg,Texas the Becker Winery has a couple of very good reds in Raven and Reserve. They are affordable and all of 30 minutes from my front door.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #6905
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
If I am in the mood for a red I usually go for...

Grange, about 15 years old Make sure some one else has the tab
Old 11-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #6906
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Grange, about 15 years old Make sure some one else has the tab
Sounds a little out of my league.....

I will stick to the Kalimna Shiraz
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #6907
ShnOmac

Just looked up the price for the Grange.....
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #6908
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I need your realtor's phone number I am starting to think I have a permanent vacation home in West Michigan.

The Chicago area is brutal with property taxes and home values.

Our Michigan home was the first house we looked at, it just took 18 months to know it was right which should have been our first clue to our ability to turn the house Here in Texas, we think we have the right home and because of market conditions were able to lease with the option to buy.

Russian Valley hmm, tell us more.

I enjoy really hearty reds. The best bottles it has been my pleasure to enjoy were Grange Estate from the Barossa Valley, Quintessa from St. Helena and Elderton Commander again from Barossa. Here in Fredericksburg,Texas the Becker Winery has a couple of very good reds in Raven and Reserve. They are affordable and all of 30 minutes from my front door.
Brutal is a good description.

Russian River is gooooooooooood. I'm not one that can really pull out a lot of the details in a wine. I have friends that can, but I either like it or I don't and there are very inexpensive wines I can enjoy too. But Russian River in Napa has something to it. I can't describe it very well, but it is really smooth and flavorful. Not a fruit bomb or bold or even rich, but at least for me, just right. Some Russian River Pinots can get well out of range of what I'll pay for a bottle, but there are a few nice ones for under $20 or so. Bear Boat is one and Kenwood is another that are reasonably priced if you want to try one out. Those can be found at grocery stores with decent wine selections.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #6909
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
You guys are sushi and wine.

I'm chicken wings and beer.
Fightinfire921 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #6910
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post

Heyyyyyyyyyy, wait just a minute there Mr.

I like Chicken wings and beer, or Pizza and Yellow Tail Merlot (price of a 6 pack of good beer).

Of course good sushi...............mmmmmmmmm

Many good choices and combinations.

And we aren't talking champagne and cavier so I think we're all at the same party
Old 11-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #6911
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
The Russian River is in Sonoma county rather than Napa county, just for the record.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #6912
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Brutal is a good description.

Russian River is gooooooooooood. I'm not one that can really pull out a lot of the details in a wine. I have friends that can, but I either like it or I don't and there are very inexpensive wines I can enjoy too. But Russian River in Napa has something to it. I can't describe it very well, but it is really smooth and flavorful. Not a fruit bomb or bold or even rich, but at least for me, just right. Some Russian River Pinots can get well out of range of what I'll pay for a bottle, but there are a few nice ones for under $20 or so. Bear Boat is one and Kenwood is another that are reasonably priced if you want to try one out. Those can be found at grocery stores with decent wine selections.
I'll start looking.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #6913
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
The Russian River is in Sonoma county rather than Napa county, just for the record.
Yes you are very correct. My bad
Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #6914
JusticePete

Quote:

The foods I miss most from Chicago and Michigan:
  • White Castle at 2:00 am so the grease has plenty of time to soak in the onions
  • Aurellio's Pizza, Homewood, Illinois -- sausage, extra sauce, old oven Hey #3 GREAT place
  • Al's Beef the 1079 W. Taylor St. location, hot & wet
  • Employee Cafeteria at the Vienna Hot Dog Factory off Damen
  • Rosie's Diner open face hot roast beef, mashed potatoes swimming in dark brown gravy

Diners and joints are my favorite places. Good thing they ship with dry ice. Then there are times when only the best will do and that is the Chicago Chop House If it is good, I'll eat it or drink it
Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #6915
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:

I'm more Hooters girls & Hot breast strips.

Yuuuummmm.

...Oh? ..What did you think I was talking about?
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #6916
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Hmmmm must just be where I grew up.... LIT's were the norm for everyone. My bad....

How about captain straight up on the rocks?
A BlackTooth Grin is what does it for me
Or if I feel like skipping the hangover, I'll have a Bacardi 151 w/ Sprite in the same proportions as the BlackTooth Grin
They both make a rough day more bearable in a hurry
'StangBlaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014