Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Need Pictures of SS Without RS Package

I plan on putting a deposit down for a 2012 1SS at the end of the month and I like the look of the HIDs, halos, and MS wheels but I'm not sure it's worth $1300. I don't really care about the painted antenna, red SS bading, or painted ditches. So, I would like to see pictures of cars here with the standard halogen headlights, and pictures of the regular silver SS wheels. I would like to see SW cars, but I'm really just trying to get some good views of the standard headlights. Non-RS equipped cars seem to be rare on this site. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The headlampls alone are worth the price of the RS package. That being said a non RS car can look VERY good too.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I saved 1000 dollars by not getting the rs package. I got the dealer to throw in the wheels and did a hid retrofit for 300 bucks.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Sorry I am standing in the way of most of what you want to see, but my car is WAY too dirty right now for me to go out and take pictures of it for you.

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
kevman2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Black
Sorry I don't have any pics on this computer of what you are looking for. That being said I bought a black 1SS without the RS package and have kind of regretted it since. I work at the plant in Oshawa so I see all kinds of camaros and I think they look better with the HID headlights. My car still looks great, but I think would look better with the RS package. If you can afford it, do it.
kevman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
VADR_H8R

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss synergy green
here is mine!!!!!
Attached Images

VADR_H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
I had to have a headlamp replaced and iirc for a HALO lamp just one was roughly 800$
Old 05-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
wise

Number 3, Anna, Vadr, thanks for posting pics. Saw a synergy green 1lt the other day and the color really pops in the sun. Nice cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
I saved 1000 dollars by not getting the rs package. I got the dealer to throw in the wheels and did a hid retrofit for 300 bucks.
Sounds like you got a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman2010 View Post
Sorry I don't have any pics on this computer of what you are looking for. That being said I bought a black 1SS without the RS package and have kind of regretted it since. I work at the plant in Oshawa so I see all kinds of camaros and I think they look better with the HID headlights. My car still looks great, but I think would look better with the RS package. If you can afford it, do it.
I appreciate this post, because I am torn between whether or not to get it. I'm worried I'll feel the same way if I go without it. I'm not so concerned with the cost, but just what I would be getting for it. I was thinking I would put the $1300 towards a catback and MGW sts right when I got the car, but I guess that could wait. Still considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
The RS is the only option my 1SS has. I really liked the lights. The wheels made it for me, I couldn't imagine the bright wheels on the gray.

From in stock cars I had my choice of the Hurst shifter or the RS; I preferred the appearance package for a bit more money.

What color are you planning?
For awhile I was trying to decide between IOM, CGM, and SW, very difficult decision. This car just looks so good in every color. After seeing a few in person I've made up my mind on Summit White. Just trying to decide options now. I'm leaning towards the RS package the more I see RS-equipped cars around town up close.

Seems like something is missing looking at the car without the halos. I've just hardly seen any cars without the RS package so I was curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I had to have a headlamp replaced and iirc for a HALO lamp just one was roughly 800$
Ouch. Was this covered by the 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty? I would assume so. Haven't studied into the warranty much but I don't plan on doing any excessive modding at first.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Insurance claim lady had backed into it and broke the mount for the front right. So by posting the price of one headlamp I was trying to point out that its worth every dollar for the RS package. Although I do feel robbed that you get less if its already an SS ultimatly getting less. The silver vs the polished dont look to much different imo. Good thing about the RS wheels over the SS polished is if you do happen to curb one.... They are easier to repair. Lets not forget the darker rear tail lamps that also come with the RS.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADR_H8R View Post
here is mine!!!!!
Those green headlights aren't stock are they?Nice car,that green does pop.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
TMoneySS

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Insurance claim lady had backed into it and broke the mount for the front right. So by posting the price of one headlamp I was trying to point out that its worth every dollar for the RS package. Although I do feel robbed that you get less if its already an SS ultimatly getting less. The silver vs the polished dont look to much different imo. Good thing about the RS wheels over the SS polished is if you do happen to curb one.... They are easier to repair. Lets not forget the darker rear tail lamps that also come with the RS.
Just wanted to point out he is talking about the 2012s so the tinted tail lights are stock.
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
Infamous_Racer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
So forgive my igornance but can someone post a picture of a SS with the RS package So Ill know the difference?
Infamous_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
wise

Quote:
That makes more sense. I do think the MS wheels make the car look a lot better. The halos kind of complete the front end styling too. I read somewhere that the tinted tail lights are supposed to be standard on all models starting in 2012.

I guess I'll go RS and just mess with bolt-ons later. Car is going to be financed so the difference on the payments should be pretty small.

Thanks everybody!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_Racer View Post
So forgive my igornance but can someone post a picture of a SS with the RS package So Ill know the difference?
From what I understand, RS-equipped cars for 10-11 come with Halos/HIDs, Midnight Silver wheels, painted ditch moldings, tinted tail lamps, and red SS badging.

For 2012 the tinted tail lamps are supposed to be standard and the shark fin antenna is painted with the RS package. I might have missed something, but I'm sure someone will post a pic in a minute.