Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
jstein

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
you can just add minutes to begin with and still have the build in phone with onstar
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
and as far as I know the FREE 30 minutes you got with the car are the only minutes that actually expire.. could be wrong...
the FREE 30 minutes expre in like 3 months. If you buy addtional minutes (I bought 100 more for 14.00) they expire within 12 months.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a bluetooth enabled phone, but I also bought the 100 minutes for $15 (for emergency purposes). Since I got the Intro minutes, my free 30 minutes dont expire in 2 months, they roll over until next year, like my intro minutes.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
HeatherMarie2LT
baby #10,978

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
Simply bluetooth your phone to the car and whenever you are in the car with the phone in your pocket...you can answer from the cars controls. I'm not sure what else you would ever want???
Exactly. I never did understand the point of another line or Onstar minutes. Connect to Bluetooth, and hit the answer button when you have a call. Most people's cell phones have become part of their person anyway so I don't get what all your fuss is about
Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
Exactly. I never did understand the point of another line or Onstar minutes. Connect to Bluetooth, and hit the answer button when you have a call. Most people's cell phones have become part of their person anyway so I don't get what all your fuss is about

I don't get it either. Bluetooth is free. Bluetooth is handsfree. Why pay for something you could get for free.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
ONSTAR Handsfree offers more than another phone line. In a lot of regions in the country there are dead areas with no cell phone coverage. OnStar transmits on a much more powerful system and can reach and receive from towers much further away.

I do not think it is to be thought of as a replacement or an additional cell phone, rather as a very cheap insurance policy that provides a phone when your battery dies in your cell phone, you are in a dead zone, you drop and smash your phone or leave it at home. Remember Blutooth works only if you have that option, not all cars and trucks offer the connectativity package, some customers actually choose to have it deleted to save a few dollars even when it is available.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote