Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #57
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
russ, the reason why people post negative stuff like this is due to one word.
JEALOUSY..
or the other obvious reason...
broked*ck!!
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #58
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I'd gladly take the constant attention if I could have the car right now!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #59
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Nice to see that some of you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Silverbullet- I guess there is always one in every crowd....

Evil Tw1n- Why do you spend so much time on a Camaro forum only to leave negative comments. I like the Mustangs and the Challengers but I decided to buy a Camaro because I liked it better, it was simply a choice. Why do you have to constantly take shots at the Camaro? I would have no reason to go to a Mustang forum just to talk trash, what is your point? I think you have WAY to much time on your hands.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #60
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Nice to see that some of you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Silverbullet- I guess there is always one in every crowd....

Evil Tw1n- Why do you spend so much time on a Camaro forum only to leave negative comments. I like the Mustangs and the Challengers but I decided to buy a Camaro because I liked it better, it was simply a choice. Why do you have to constantly take shots at the Camaro? I would have no reason to go to a Mustang forum just to talk trash, what is your point? I think you have WAY to much time on your hands.
Exactly what was a negative ? Its true that people were excited about the new bug. I had a friend who drives nothing but "VDubs" as he calls them, and he drove me crazy about the turbo bug...

Quote:
it'll eventually go away. people were the same way when the VW Bug made it's comeback.
So whats so negative about his statement? In time, after the camaro has been out, people will start to look more at individual camaro's than masses of camaro's. As more sell and hit the streets, the lest of a oddity they will become. I mean camaro's did take a hiatus....its only natural that people will be curious and excited to see them return. And yes, the movies does help with that.

It was the same with the new body of Mustangs, it was the same for the new GTR's. Cars that change completely or comeback will always get attention for a bit. Then they will become, "Wow look how that "insert car here" looks....its different from others I have seen."
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #61
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I'm still NOT tired of it. Will NEVER get tired of it. This attention goes part and parcel with buying this car. You will be a rock star celeb for many months to come!

I LOVE SHOWING PEOPLE THIS CAR!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #62
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
You guys/girls keep ordering them , we'll keep building them !! Try to work all day surrounded by Camaros. The people spoke and GM built your dream Camaro , now your complaining that its too popular ! Its a pretty good problem to have. Enjoy it..
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #63
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
You'll just have to get used to it. The GT500 has been on the streets for three years now and it still garners the same level of attention as it did when it was first hitting the streets.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #64
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I'm still NOT tired of it. Will NEVER get tired of it. This attention goes part and parcel with buying this car. You will be a rock star celeb for many months to come!

I LOVE SHOWING PEOPLE THIS CAR!

Same here. I love talking about the car when people stop me. I saw two other Camaros on the road we gave eachother the thumbs up and honked while driving by. Would like to meet up with other Camaro owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
You'll just have to get used to it. The GT500 has been on the streets for three years now and it still garners the same level of attention as it did when it was first hitting the streets.
The GT still turns my head. It also depends on the color. The Camaro will have that staying power especially through the rest of the summer and perhaps next summer.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #65
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
I really had no idea the car would get this kind of attention, it's certainly not something most of us are used to.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed by the attention?

Russ
You must not come here often. Tons of attention comes Standard, you didn't read the fine Print when you signed for the Camaro. Don't get me started on Markups.

Enjoy it while it last.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #66
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
I'm enjoying the attention,and it's coming from every age group,and every walk of life,no complaints here,But one thing I am concerned about,and that is that I'm worried someone is gonna get hurt,cause several times I've seen people literally running off the road looking,you really need to watchout for these people...lol
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
LSX-80MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #67
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
It's amusing how some people think they are a rock star or celeb in the eyes of the annoying people. You aren't. They just like or are confused by your new car.

I get tired of the same questions constantly. V6? where'd you get it? how much it cost?

I like the few people who are nice enough to just say nice ride or wave at me. Anything more than that is annoying after the first week.

And people who stop in the middle of the road or nearly wreck because they want to stop next to me and motion for me to roll down my window are freakin asshats.

For someone who's out of college but not yet over the hill, it also gets depressing to see that almost no one of your own demographic takes any real interest in the car. And as stated above, it's a d**k magnet, not chick magnet.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 AM   #68
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnBLK View Post
I'm enjoying the attention,and it's coming from every age group,and every walk of life,no complaints here,But one thing I am concerned about,and that is that I'm worried someone is gonna get hurt,cause several times I've seen people literally running off the road looking,you really need to watchout for these people...lol
I'm just renting the 2SS I'm currently driving (wife rented it for me for my bday and I have it till Wed morning) and I have seen the stupid firsthand.

We were on the freeway going south and were coming up on a guy in a truck and he (driver) rolled his window down and stuck his head/shoulders out the window to stare at the car for 30 seconds the whole time moving forward at 60mph!

I was seriously thinking "we are about to have an accident here..." - lol.

-R
Old 06-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #69
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
It stresses me out a little bit. They follow you into the parking lot at work in an old beat up van and block you into your parking spot. They also drive next to you in your blind spot for long streches. I could go on but you get the idea. :upset: I hope this wears off soon. :(

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #70
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It's amusing how some people think they are a rock star or celeb in the eyes of the annoying people. You aren't. They just like or are confused by your new car.
Its not thinking we are a rock star, its just being TREATED like you are one. You get constant attention which is the same as a celeb does and yes its because of the car, but it doesn't mean i think I'm a rock star.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote