Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #113
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Sure. I had a vid on that but after I posted it I thought it looked slightly violent so I deleted it. I'll reup it. Should have something after dinner. When you see me remove the plate keep in mind I have removed it like 7 times now and I don't mess around anymore. Lol.

AS OF 628PM IT IS STILL PROCESSING. CHECK BACK IN A HALF HOUR AND IT WILL BE DONE. YOUTUBE IS SLOW ON THIS.

Last edited by Wizzer; 05-17-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #114
Docknock

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Anymore installs yet?
Docknock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #115
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
waiting for delivery

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #116
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
i actually like this better than in the mail slot.

too much for me though, I hate wiring! but very good install, nonetheless
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #117
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
I ordered mine about 10 days ago...still waiting. Knowing my luck it will be 99 days!
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #118
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

topgun...12v is the easiest way to wire...buddy just run the wire to ur lighter and presto...i dont know how i feel about drilling an extra hole so ill work dilligently to find the original

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 05-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #119
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
topgun...12v is the easiest way to wire...buddy just run the wire to ur lighter and presto...i dont know how i feel about drilling an extra hole so ill work dilligently to find the original

You speak the truth there. 12v is easy if done correctly. I think your bars should be here any day now. When I saw how long it was going to take to ship I paid for it and put it out of my mind. A little over a week later my wife told me I had a box and i was very surprised it was here so fast. Perhaps someone will take the time to shoot some picture in a DIY format. I really had no idea this would be so popular and I would have to remove it all to shoot pictures. Can't want to see the different colors people buy. Someone buy the pure blue. That was my second choice.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #120
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

im gettin red...gunna look sick with ABM...i also went the toggle switch route...i got blue footwell lighting that im gunna use for one switch and the knight rider on the other....ill say one thing...that overhead panel was a real pain in the ass...the little light switch kept falling out...i was actually able to use the double flathead technique on my own...the partner part came in when i started the switch install...youll all hate me for this one....so i saw that the 2 sections were already preferated...so i said hell...i wont drill ill just use a box cutter and then jus pop em out...yeah that didnt work so well ......so i superglued the mistake back in and i put both toggles on the same side...im considering just replacing the panel...thank god for a barcode and part number on the back

Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #121
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
im gettin red...gunna look sick with ABM...i also went the toggle switch route...i got blue footwell lighting that im gunna use for one switch and the knight rider on the other....ill say one thing...that overhead panel was a real pain in the ass...the little light switch kept falling out...i was actually able to use the double flathead technique on my own...the partner part came in when i started the switch install...youll all hate me for this one....so i saw that the 2 sections were already preferated...so i said hell...i wont drill ill just use a box cutter and then jus pop em out...yeah that didnt work so well ......so i superglued the mistake back in and i put both toggles on the same side...im considering just replacing the panel...thank god for a barcode and part number on the back

Yeah for the box cutter. I should have put that in my vid how I made the holes. The replacement panel is cheap to get I would buy another next time your up there wiring. Post up a pic of your switches. What color did you go for? I used a super small drill bit for a pilot hole for the switches then I went in and used a larger bit to make the final hole size. If you go big right away the drill might hit an off center area. I am anal like that and I wanted it perfect. Pics!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #122
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
so i received my red and blue and i am gonna be working on a full DIY video and pictures, but this is my first DIY anything so bear with me. i will try my hardest to have it done this weekend but plz pm me if you are interested, and should i put it on this post or another one. pm me
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #123
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Ahh youre lucky still waiting on mine. But you should definitely do it in this post so all of the DIY videos will be in one place. Cant wait to see how yours ends up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
so i received my red and blue and i am gonna be working on a full DIY video and pictures, but this is my first DIY anything so bear with me. i will try my hardest to have it done this weekend but plz pm me if you are interested, and should i put it on this post or another one. pm me
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #124
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post

Did you order right after i posted the video? Just trying to see how many days it took.

Wizzer
Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #125
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
actually i ordered mine, figured out my friend had it and didnt want it so i cancelled my order before the guy shipped it and i only could drill the holes today, (my ADD distracted me!!) but i will get it done soon
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #126
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
good alternative, but I have and prefer the mail slot. This looks way to aftermarket...The mail slot just goes with the car IMO
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote