Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #141
dcoates

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Isn't there some TSB or something about the clutch?

I will Def let you know how she does after the swap!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #142
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Im so nervous about buying one of these cars after seeing all of these threads...supposed to be ordering car next month
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #143
Rick@RKT56

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoates View Post
Isn't there some TSB or something about the clutch?

I will Def let you know how she does after the swap!
The TSB is for V6 equiped Camaros with pressure plate bolts loosening. I have seen them.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #144
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
there should be a tsb also for the v8 pressure plate bolts and slave cyl. i think thats what my dealer told me.
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #145
Rick@RKT56

Below is the TSB for V6 manual ONLY.

#PIP4774A: Soft Or Low Clutch Pedal Hard To Shift Transmission Grind When Shifting Or Unable To Shift - (Apr 19, 2010)

Subject:Soft Or Low Clutch Pedal, Hard To Shift Transmission, Grind When Shifting Or Unable To Shift

Models:2010 Cadillac CTS
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Built Prior To February 2010 And Equipped With a Manual Transmission RPO MV5 Or MV7

This PI was superseded to add models, change title and customer concern. Please discard PIP4774.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customers may comment that the clutch pedal is soft, low or the transmission is difficult to shift or cannot be shifted into any gear particularly when at a stop with the engine running or the transmission grinds when shifting into any gear. Technicians may find that the clutch does not completely disengage when the clutch pedal is depressed. This concern may be caused by loose clutch pressure plate bolts.

Recommendation/Instructions:
  1. Check the torque on ALL of the pressure plate bolts, the torque should be at or above 30 N·m (22 lb ft). If all of the bolts were properly torqued replace the bolts and apply red Loctite 242 to the threads, then proceed with published diagnosis. If any of the bolts were found to be loose remove the pressure plate and inspect both the pressure plate surface as well as the clutch disc, if any concerns are found such as heat distress replace the components as necessary using procedures listed in SI.
  2. During reassembling replace all the pressure attaching bolts and apply red Loctite 242 to the threads to make certain the bolts do not come loose.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #146
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Go Powerglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@RKT56 View Post
The TSB is for V6 equiped Camaros with pressure plate bolts loosening. I have seen them.
Rick on behalf of all of us following this thread... THANK YOU! If I were on the right coast I would buzz into your place and let you have at it on this transmission! My guess is that with the major recall today of all the 2011 GM trucks and SUVs that their hands have been pretty full as of late and since it is an immediate safety issue they had to focus on that as opposed to grinding gears and missed shifts. Wonder what happens when Ralph Nader starts reading about this clutch/trans debacle! LOL I remember the Corvair like it was yesterday. But then...I am long in the tooth.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #147
ChevyCowboy
Lining Up!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS, Summit white, M6,
Send a message via MSN to ChevyCowboy
Well just did some exstensive looking around, dont blame GM guys! Checked a bunch of challenger and mustang forums, challengers and mustang owners with the tr6060 are exsperiencing the same problems! This issue should be brought to tremec and the owners should demand a fix, thousands of people are buying 40G+ cars with a crappy unreliable transmission, not just GM owners
Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #148
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCowboy View Post
Well just did some exstensive looking around, dont blame GM guys! Checked a bunch of challenger and mustang forums, challengers and mustang owners with the tr6060 are exsperiencing the same problems! This issue should be brought to tremec and the owners should demand a fix, thousands of people are buying 40G+ cars with a crappy unreliable transmission, not just GM owners
I totally put the blame on the trans builder not GM. It is called QUALITY CONTROL! It appears there IS NONE on the Tremec! I am also reading the thread dating back to 2009 with sage advice on the addition of a second reservoir for the clutch so that the brakes and clutch don't share reservoirs and also upgrading to DOT 4 fluid. All of this should have occurred on the 2011's since these were developing issues on the 2010. I can't begin to imagine them putting this defective trans style into a Z28 with 500+ HP it will blow that trans out in a New York minute.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #149
ChevyCowboy
Lining Up!

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS, Summit white, M6,
Send a message via MSN to ChevyCowboy
Ok I was just pming a sponsor on ls1tech about the tr6060 notchiness and 1-2 shift issues and the sponsors have overcome this issue in there built trans. According to them this issue is solved by upgraded block rings. Wether its made out of an upgraded material or a different design I don't know. But I'm currently waiting on a reply back on wether this upgraded part is available to be bought alone over the counter or if you need to buy a built trans from them. Ill post back asap
Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #150
Rick@RKT56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCowboy View Post
Ok I was just pming a sponsor on ls1tech about the tr6060 notchiness and 1-2 shift issues and the sponsors have overcome this issue in there built trans. According to them this issue is solved by upgraded block rings. Wether its made out of an upgraded material or a different design I don't know. But I'm currently waiting on a reply back on wether this upgraded part is available to be bought alone over the counter or if you need to buy a built trans from them. Ill post back asap
The stock TR6060's have sintered bronze blocking rings which are "grabby" compared to the carbon (also known as compressed carbon/carbon fibre) blockers. I have contacted all my Tremec suppliers to see if they have it for 2010+ Camaro application. I'm still waiting on reply.

The good news is 2011 Corvettes with TR6060 supposed to have them in their transmissions so I'm sure it won't be too long before we see them.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #151
Rick@RKT56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Rick on behalf of all of us following this thread... THANK YOU! If I were on the right coast I would buzz into your place and let you have at it on this transmission! My guess is that with the major recall today of all the 2011 GM trucks and SUVs that their hands have been pretty full as of late and since it is an immediate safety issue they had to focus on that as opposed to grinding gears and missed shifts. Wonder what happens when Ralph Nader starts reading about this clutch/trans debacle! LOL I remember the Corvair like it was yesterday. But then...I am long in the tooth.
Thanks, once I get caught up with my trans work, I would like to have a local Camaro owner who is experiencing grinding issue to come in so I can go through it. We will then see if it's a trans issue or something else.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #152
dcoates

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
What are the chances that the new transmission is gonna be built different than the one they're replacing?
I also mentioned about the TSB's i heard about on this forum. she said they will look in to it.
They really changed there tune!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #153
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoates View Post
What are the chances that the new transmission is gonna be built different than the one they're replacing?
I also mentioned about the TSB's i heard about on this forum. she said they will look in to it.
They really changed there tune!
DCoates,
If you or anyone else on this thread sees a TSB on any Camaro trans/clutch issue please post it up! I have yet to hear or see one officially released. My dealer is unaware of any TSB. Only thing I have read or heard inferred is conjecture that they SHOULD have a TSB on them. Until there is a true TSB I don't think we will see a standardized "FIX" for any of these problems. Until that point it will be individual car owners working these bugs out with their dealer of choice. This is why communication is SO important on the forum. Communication is everything.

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-19-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #154
JUSWKID

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro with custom paint
Send a message via Yahoo to JUSWKID
i have a tranny rattle when i push in the clutch
JUSWKID is offline   Reply With Quote