Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #57
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
^^LOL^^
You would be cool to drink beer with... God how I miss drinking beer with an American... I might be able to export some Heller Bock... that's all I can do for now.. (off topic.. I know... but, its fresh Heller Bock.. or what I call Rams head..)
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #58
Leeiswho2b

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
:troll:
I'm not the "Brand Loyalty" guy. I owned a 2SS/RS M6 until 8/09. I have no problems owning another. I actually have an ad in the for sale forum. The reason a lot of people didn't buy 10's was that Ford was changing over to the new 5.0's in 11'. Just as a lot of 10' Maro owners are going to be trading in for the new Z. Why not wait for the platform change and get a better vehicle?!?!?!?!?!? Common sense goes a long ways!

That and the fact that 2010 was the Maro's first year of production since 02'. So of course there was going to be quite a bit of interest! So, troll on that!

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-09-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #59
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
I'm not the "Brand Loyalty" guy. I owned a 2SS/RS M6 until 8/09. I have no problems owning another. I actually have an ad in the for sale forum. The reason a lot of people didn't buy 10's was that Ford was changing over to the new 5.0's in 11'. Just as a lot of 10' Maro owners are going to be trading in for the new Z. Why not wait for the platform change and get a better vehicle?!?!?!?!?!? Common sense goes a long ways!

That and the fact that 2010 was the Maro's first year of production since 02'. So of course there was going to be quite a bit of interest! So, troll on that!
Why post negative comments on a forum when you don't even own a Camaro and this is only your what 3rd post.. I will say it again.. TROLL

PS: You’re going to talk to me about common sense on waiting for the new platform.. Have you even read about the release date on the next gen? It's only about 5 years out. Why would anyone want to wait that long if they are ready to buy now or like the current style. I think that would also apply to the Mustang. I hope Ford updates the current style within the next 5 years as well but I don't think buyers wanting a Mustang or a Camaro now are going to wait to see if it is better 5 years down the road.. Most trade every 3 to 5 years anyway.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-09-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #60
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
thePill:
Are there alot of Camaro's over there now? When I was there last year, I didn't see many. In so far as LRMC is concerned, it is a good hospital. I was AF Anesthesia there-only 4-5 of us. That place can get busy though; I would put in 4-6 epidurals a night on top of call and surgeries. Despite all that, it was better than when I was being deployed to some hole. Make sure your wife gets an epidural. It makes life much easier! I look forward to seeing you, I'm not sure when I'll be there but would love to see your car when I get in. Regards.

George

Last edited by george; 12-09-2010 at 07:35 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #61
Leeiswho2b

Quote:
Why post negative comments on a forum when you don't even own a Camaro and this is only your what 3rd post.. I will say it again.. TROLL

PS: You’re going to talk to me about common sense on waiting for the new platform.. Have you even read about the release date on the next gen? It's only about 5 years out. Why would anyone want to wait that long if they are ready to buy now or like the current style. I think that would also apply to the Mustang. I hope Ford updates the current style within the next 5 years as well but I don't think buyers wanting a Mustang or a Camaro now are going to wait to see if it is better 5 years down the road.. Most trade every 3 to 5 years anyway.
As above, I have owned a 5th gen. Probably before you received yours. I took delivery in July 2009. Not posting negative comments, just pointing out facts. I was talking about the powerplant platform in the Mustang GTs. There was no sense in purchasing a 2010 when Ford was changing over to the TiVCT technology on the new 5.0. That would be a reason that 2010's GT's did not sell as well. I was also pointing out the fact that Maro's hadn't been produced since 02', so of course there was going to be a lot of interest from enthusiasts. I just felt the thread was being slanted, although I do realize this is a Maro forum. Wouldn't expect anything less.

I was also pointing comparisons of the 2010 vs 2011 GT's and the 2010 SS to the Z28 in regards to sales. I'm sure quite a few wished they waited for the Z to come out instead of puchasing the SS. The same point between the 10' Stang and the 11'. I wasn't bashing. Maybe you were being too close-minded to understand!

I am actually thinking about trading my Shelby for a F/I 2SS/RS, but you sir make me rethink these actions. But hey, there's a ton of douchebags driving Mustangs so..........

BTW, if I am such a troll then why feed me?!?!?!? In no way did I bash the Camaro!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I respect all and fear none!

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-09-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #62
Memphis SS

Quote:
As above, I have owned a 5th gen. Probably before you received yours. I took delivery in July 2009. Not posting negative comments, just pointing out facts. I was talking about the powerplant platform in the Mustang GTs. There was no sense in purchasing a 2010 when Ford was changing over to the TiVCT technology on the new 5.0. That would be a reason that 2010's GT's did not sell as well. I was also pointing out the fact that Maro's hadn't been produced since 02', so of course there was going to be a lot of interest from enthusiasts. I just felt the thread was being slanted, although I do realize this is a Maro forum. Wouldn't expect anything less.

I was also pointing comparisons of the 2010 vs 2011 GT's and the 2010 SS to the Z28 in regards to sales. I'm sure quite a few wished they waited for the Z to come out instead of puchasing the SS. The same point between the 10' Stang and the 11'. I wasn't bashing. Maybe you were being too close-minded to understand!

I am actually thinking about trading my Shelby for a F/I 2SS/RS, but you sir make me rethink these actions. But hey, there's a ton of douchebags driving Mustangs so..........

BTW, if I am such a troll then why feed me?!?!?!? In no way did I bash the Camaro!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I respect all and fear none!
Funny how you have all these cars listed in your sig you owned but exclude your Camaro. Then your 3rd post is NO way will Camaro out sell the Mustang in 2011 on a Camaro forum. Yet I'm the closed minded one.
PS: You say you’re stating the facts but your post was regarding 2011 sales.. Do you have any stock market tips, if your that good I could use a few

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's take it down a notch, gentlemen....
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #64
Leeiswho2b

Quote:
Funny how you have all these cars listed in your sig you owned but exclude your Camaro. Then your 3rd post is NO way will Camaro out sell the Mustang in 2011 on a Camaro forum. Yet I'm the closed minded one.
PS: You say you’re stating the facts but your post was regarding 2011 sales.. Do you have any stock market tips, if your that good I could use a few

These are the three most recently owned cars I have had. Pics posted below of them. I purchase, like to make them how I envision them, get bored, then move on. I really need to start leasing!!!!!! Vehicles have always been my toybox!!!! They are my addiction!

I was just explaining the reasons why the point of this thread was true (IMHO). I was not disputing the fact, just the reasoning behind. I was actually trying to be constructive in the latter posts. Just a good ribbing in the 1st!
When is a rivalry not good when all in good fun? I like all muscle. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Let's take it down a notch, gentlemen....
Point taken. I'm in the market for a supercharged 10'+ if anyone is interested in an immaculate Shelby!

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

Last edited by Leeiswho2b; 12-10-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #65
Memphis SS

Quote:
These are the three most recently owned cars I have had. Pics posted below of them. I purchase, like to make them how I envision them, get bored, then move on. I really need to start leasing!!!!!! Vehicles have always been my toybox!!!! They are my addiction!

I was just explaining the reasons why the point of this thread was true (IMHO). I was not disputing the fact, just the reasoning behind. I was actually trying to be constructive in the latter posts. Just a good ribbing in the 1st!
When is a rivalry not good when all in good fun? I like all muscle. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge included!

Point taken. I'm in the market for a supercharged 10'+ if anyone is interested in an immaculate Shelby!

You have had some nice looking wheels.. Buddy of mine had a 1966 Shelby GT350 he built then sold it and bought a 2003 Cobra kept it a few years and said he wanted to build one again so he got a 1967 Mustang Fastback he is building to look like Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds. Put all modern drivetrain (2003 Cobra Motor and trans) starting to really look good. Will drive like a new one but look old. Painting it black with silver strips..

Will not even get in the list of cars I've had. I never owned a Mustang but do like them, I did own a 1991 SC Thunderbird I bought new that was really sweet.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #66
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
thePill:
Are there alot of Camaro's over there now? When I was there last year, I didn't see many. In so far as LRMC is concerned, it is a good hospital. I was AF Anesthesia there-only 4-5 of us. That place can get busy though; I would put in 4-6 epidurals a night on top of call and surgeries. Despite all that, it was better than when I was being deployed to some hole. Make sure your wife gets an epidural. It makes life much easier! I look forward to seeing you, I'm not sure when I'll be there but would love to see your car when I get in. Regards.

George
Sorry for the late response, I have seen a handful, maybe about a dozen but it is late in the year and they might be storing them. I was referred to the Landstuhl Hospital because LRMC is booked full... Landstuhl H is right up the hill from what I call "the big bend"...

Yeah, Wife had an Epidural on the first one.. she was still pushing and didn't know Pill Jr. was out. lol... I have also had an epidural, I had a ruptured L5-S1 and it ruptured into my nerve causing chronic sciatica... No surgery yet....
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote