Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-19-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
camaro eth eth

Drives: red
2010 m6 SS early model transmission issue

About to throw in the towel on this car. I've been hunting this problem since last July and have found nothing anywhere. Car bucks when I let off the gas 1st-3rd gear and makes a clunking noise each buck. When it's cold outside the transmission grinds 1st-3rd as well when it's cold out (30 degrees or lower). I was told it could be the driveshaft so I changed the driveshaft and I still have the issue. When I lifted the car up I noticed that there was orange fluid droplets on the bolts holding up the trans mount. Unless I figure anything out here it's looking like I'm going to have to just take it to the dealer and pray they don't rape my life as bad as I think they will. Any help is appreciated 22k miles. These noises come from all up front where the trans is. Videos show issues. Volume up to hear clunk
https://youtu.be/52Hrq28eUp8
https://youtu.be/IBdfNEJkx-g

Last edited by camaro eth eth; 02-19-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Add video
camaro eth eth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mods? What all have you replaced? What all have you checked? Have you had a shop try and diagnose the issue?

If that is coolant check your oil cooler on the drivers side of the engine as some have had leaks happen there.

How fast are you going in the clunking video? If you're barely moving then you're lugging the motor which is bad. That also explains the clunking.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
camaro eth eth

Drives: red
I'm in first gear going 5-15mph. Car was doing this stuff before I had full exhaust and cai
camaro eth eth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Mine started doing this when I installed my Twin disk clutch. as for the leak i couldn't tell you.
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote