Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
You can buy front air deserters like this on EBay. My stone guards are from RPI, but in front of front tire came from eBay. They all fit and work very well.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #16
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Kendall421, is it just the pic, or does your Ebay front tire wind deflector, protrude out more, right from the top leading edge, as opposed to my ACS ones, that instead come out flush with the fender first, and then gradually protrude out(as they functionally should) as they follow fender arch line downwards?

If such is the case, this is a great comparison pic!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #17
BLK1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 1LE SS
Camarodude. I know about the bolts but mine came with a thin strip of two side tape to Put on the bumper cover edge so it makes it so nothing can get stuck in between the guard and fenders. If I bolted mine up without it stones can get stuck right in between. Looks like the pic Kendall put up he's got the tape too?
BLK1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #18
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK1LE View Post
Camarodude. I know about the bolts but mine came with a thin strip of two side tape to Put on the bumper cover edge so it makes it so nothing can get stuck in between the guard and fenders. If I bolted mine up without it stones can get stuck right in between. Looks like the pic Kendall put up he's got the tape too?
There is no two sided tape on mine. Thank you for sharing that btw! Do the OEM ZL1 front wind deflectors have the tape???

Question though, how would you take them off with the two sided tape, if say, you need to take off the wheel well liner to install a scoop, or take the front bumper cover off, etc? Is that tape that super sticky red 3M stuff? Or is it a foam/tape gap filler?
Old 07-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #19
Synner

Drives: cars
The ZL1 ones use tape plus bolts. They can easily be modified to fit either SS or 1LE. The tape doesn't interfere with anything as it sticks to the nose not the liner. The liners can be taken out per the usual bolts and plastic push pins.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #20
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I have the ZL1 front defectors in my garage. For the life of me I can't think of how they could fit on the 2014 bumper. The mounting points are too deep compared to be 2014 bumper. I'll revisit it when I have the bumper off to put on a tow hook but I'm skeptical if I can get them to fit. There seem to be major differences between the 2014 and 2013 inner fender attachment.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #21
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
The ZL1 ones use tape plus bolts. They can easily be modified to fit either SS or 1LE. The tape doesn't interfere with anything as it sticks to the nose not the liner. The liners can be taken out per the usual bolts and plastic push pins.
Not sure if I understood this yet. If you are taking off the liner, you still need to move the deflectors out of the way or would one have to work around them? Since this tape sticks them to the nose, I imagine that you have to pivot the deflectors out of the way right? The tape would in essence be acting like door hinges. Have I visualized this correctly? If I have, would this not weaken the tape?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
Synner

The deflectors don't need to be relocated or fully removed to get the liner out. The screws that attach it to the liner will need to be removed but then you just bend the liner back a touch and it will clear the deflectors without issue. No removal or re-placing the tape/deflector. With the wheel off this is easily done.

I do agree that the 14+ fascia will likely need to do something different and I haven't spent time in their fender well yet to know exactly how different.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
Camaro Dude

Kk.
Just asking, as I'm debating whether to add a tape thingy or not, although I don't think I that I will, since my entire front is wrapped in paint protection film, and I'm not worried about debris getting in between the deflector and front nose. I might however conjure up something even better, in the form of rubber material to add in that mm tight space. All this has me going hmmmm and thinking lol.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #24
Synner

You don't really need it as long as the ACS ones use all the bolts. There isn't really any risk of things getting in there. And even if they do its a plastic fascia so its not like hidden dirt/moisture would matter. But I figured it wouldn't hurt considering my car will see up to 150mph on bigger tracks so I want to know it aint gonna fly off.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #25
Camaro Dude

Yeah, it ain't coming off, considering that it uses that large bolt on the bottom, to attach to the front splitter mounting point.

The tape idea is still not that bad of an idea the more that I think about it. Not really needed, but not a bad idea at all.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #26
TheSteelRider

Drives: '15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
I have the ZL1 front defectors in my garage. For the life of me I can't think of how they could fit on the 2014 bumper. The mounting points are too deep compared to be 2014 bumper. I'll revisit it when I have the bumper off to put on a tow hook but I'm skeptical if I can get them to fit. There seem to be major differences between the 2014 and 2013 inner fender attachment.
I have a '15 (same as '14 with respect to front bumper fascia, splitter et. al). I ordered the ZL1 extensions and also discovered they won't fit due to the wheel well not being "deep" enough.

I then ordered the ACS ones which allegedly on their site mate to '14s (SKU 46-4-003), however they are pretty much identical to the ZL1s and won't fit either. I am going to call them tomorrow to be sure they sent the correct part.
TheSteelRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #27
Camaro Dude

^^^^report back what they say, it will be beneficial for other 14 ers to know.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #28
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelRider View Post
Will do. Tonight I'm going to email them with pics and better descriptions. My Texas accent compared with their Canadian wasn't working out to well, or at least I probably said "y'all" so many times their head was spinning.

If any person reading this has a '14 1LE, it would greatly help if you can snap a photo of the front of your front tire inner wheel well (any side), if you can get the Torx screws in the pic and at an angle that clearly shows the depth between the bumper itself and the wheel liner that'd be great!
Would a pic with the bumper removed help any? I currently have mine off working on brake duct's....
brokencilence is offline   Reply With Quote