Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
nikitis

Drives: 2012 Camaro Inferno Orange
Getting Muffer Delete and MF X-Pipe 386, 3 inch Pipe?

I want a deeper sound, should I have them use 3 inch piping when I get this done? And if so does it lose a lot of performance or just a tad?

Also if I use 3 inch pipe, at which sections should I use 3 inch pipes? All the way through? or only after the x-pipe?

Currently Stock with the h pipes, but doing the trash bag delete, and adding Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe. I want it loud, but want it deep. Not obnoxiously raspy or Ricer sounding. I'm told using 3 inch pipe can help with this. Any information to help this noob out when it comes to exhaust will help. Especially on the 3 inch pipe questions.

Thanks ahead of time!
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #2
Its Oye

Drives: Hyper Blue 6th Gen M6 2SS
I first went with just muffler delete, then later on added the MF resonated X pipe. It got a whole lot lower after putting the xpipe, but it stopped all the rasp, and got a lot more deeper. I love the tone of it. I was also thinking of added bigger pipes to hopefully get it a bit more louder (But not as loud as just the muffler delete). Im going to try to post some sound clips of mine so you can hear.
Its Oye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
nikitis

Yeah, that's what I hear. I have a guy doing it Monday for me, but need to know if I should do 3 Inch pipe. I believe it should make it deeper but need to know if this would require 3 inch all the way through or if just doing 3 inch from the xpipe would work?

I didn't think 3 inch would make it any louder, just give it more of a deeper guzzling sound.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
So, now that I've done both, just use 2.5" piping. If you aren't running boost you don't maintain the exhaust velocity you need and you'll hurt the overall performance. The sound is better with 3" IMO but the car can't handle it. Magnaflow 11386 obviously, but beyond that, I'd say muffler delete. If you run secondary cat deletes you should be where you want to be. With no cats, you might want mufflers or resonators on the back in place of the stock trash cans.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
nikitis

So the muffler shop didn't get the part in time, so I just had him do the delete to have part of the job done. I wanted to see what it sounded like, and I have to say, I don't really hear a rasp at all like I did in the youtube videos. It is loud and obnoxious, don't get me wrong. But not as bad as people made it out to be and like I heard on some V6 videos. I wonder if it's because mine is a M6V6 1LS?

It's a bit loud on the low gear, but sounds good on the high gears. I had a cop behind me the other day and wondered if he was going to pull me over but he didn't.

I'll get the Magnaflow 11386 put on in a week or so and report back with my findings. I'll try and take a video of the current sound too.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitis View Post
So the muffler shop didn't get the part in time, so I just had him do the delete to have part of the job done. I wanted to see what it sounded like, and I have to say, I don't really hear a rasp at all like I did in the youtube videos. It is loud and obnoxious, don't get me wrong. But not as bad as people made it out to be and like I heard on some V6 videos. I wonder if it's because mine is a M6V6 1LS?

It's a bit loud on the low gear, but sounds good on the high gears. I had a cop behind me the other day and wondered if he was going to pull me over but he didn't.

I'll get the Magnaflow 11386 put on in a week or so and report back with my findings. I'll try and take a video of the current sound too.
Bold part has nothing to do with it. Lol. I have a 2LT V6 M6. But you also have cats, I assume? My car with no cats, no Magnaflow X, and NPP valves open was terrible. But with cats I'm sure it isn't the worst ever.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
When I first got my muffler delete years ago it wasn’t too bad. It was nice to have that extra sound, but after some months I got tired of it. Months ago I went back to a muffler delete and Magnaflow 11386 and it sounded awesome, still loud but not as obnoxious since the X pipe tones it down. Still wish I had that set up but went with high flow cats so decided to throw mufflers back on again.
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:21 AM   #8
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Stick with a muffler and pair it with a res x pipe. Muffler delete on a V6 sounds like a ricer Honda.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Have you guys found an X pipe reduces drone?
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #10
DSX_Camaro

Yeah, the Magnaflow 11386 X makes basically any exhaust combination more manageable drone wise.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #11
kmarshall2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Yeah, the Magnaflow 11386 X makes basically any exhaust combination more manageable drone wise.
so the Magnaflow 11386 X can be installed before the axel, and I can leave my axel back Flowmasters? This will help with the drone?
Have it in my Amazon cart waiting...
Old 03-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
DSX_Camaro

Yes. You install it where the stock H pipe is.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #13
kmarshall2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Yes. You install it where the stock H pipe is.

Had it installed - took away quite a bit of the drone, but was thinking it would take away more. The sound is coming more from the rear of the car now vs. up front. (sounds more like exhaust than drone) Wonder what undercoating the car would do?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #14
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
You might want to look into getting a Hemholtz resonator, sometimes called j-pipe. They're unique to each car so you'll have to do some research to figure out at what frequency the drone/resonance peaks which will determine the length of pipe needed.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...elmoltz&page=4
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote