Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: What Do You Think It Will Be?
Twin Turbo V6 (Leno Car) 14 10.61%
Supercharged V8 (LSA etc.) 118 89.39%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #29
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Wow. Someone should not be on this forum...
I would argue that the people who shouldn't participate on a forum are the ones who aren't open to free discussion.

Back on topic though, LSA all the way.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #30
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I apologize if I offended anybody with the way I expressed my opinion.

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #31
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
this is what i think; it'll be a twin turbo v6 reasons being that if and only if the z28 is built it'll most likely be in 2012 for a '13 MY, and by then all these "green" bills will be passed making it mandatory for this car, or any car for that matter, to pass certain criterias such as a minimum MPG. Heck I'll be surprised if GM is still able to produce a V8 by then, the way things are going.

Note: everything i have just stated is only my theory and no concrete facts, so please do not hold me agianst anything I have just stated ...but also feel free to comment. Thank you for your time.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
this is what i think; it'll be a twin turbo v6 reasons being that if and only if the z28 is built it'll most likely be in 2012 for a '13 MY, and by then all these "green" bills will be passed making it mandatory for this car, or any car for that matter, to pass certain criterias such as a minimum MPG. Heck I'll be surprised if GM is still able to produce a V8 by then, the way things are going.

Note: everything i have just stated is only my theory and no concrete facts, so please do not hold me agianst anything I have just stated ...but also feel free to comment. Thank you for your time.
There are no proposed laws mandating minimum fuel economy standards. While CAFE is a dumb way to try and use less gasoline, it isn't that dumb. CAFE is an average for the entire company, so everything from the Volt to the Regal to the CTS-V gets added together. The basics are that you take the fuel economy of a car and multiply it by the number of those cars sold. Add it up for all the vehicles sold, then divide by the total number of vehicles sold. Now, how they calculate a particular cars CAFE score is a little complicated since it isn't based on the EPA window sticker. But roughly, it will equate to the highway rating you see.

And regarding the fear of losing V8's, the Camaro SS gets about the same fuel economy as some high performance 4bangers and is a little behind some V6 coupes. The Chevy Small Block will enter its 5th generation soon with a 10-15% estimated increase in fuel efficiency. Lastly, cars that have a longer wheelbase and wider track width than average get a little compensation for their CAFE score. They are allowed to be a little less efficient without hurting the overall corporate average. Conversely, smaller than average 'footprints' will be expected to be more efficient. The ~300 hp turbocharged cars like the Evo or WRX are in much more danger than V8 Camaros.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #33
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post

Did GM just spend 850 million on the next generation V-8

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #34
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I have to agree completely, would not make any sense to have two 425 hp engines for the same car and have nothing to compete heads up with the GT500. The GT500 has 550HP for 2011 and they are testing a 600HP Coyote S/C engine now for possible future use. I have said before that I am waiting for the Z28 because I truly believe it will be the S/C LSA/LS9 engine. I also believe GM when they told us that they will not be left behind by the competition. GM, don't let me down.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #35
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
FPATT
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #36
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
V6 = economical V8 = Performance plain and simple.
tell that to the GTR and other high powered 6's. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote