Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #29
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You will love the coilovers i love the ones on my car and at 2" drop on the front and 2 1/2 in the rear.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I just can't keep up with all I want.

You may have 22's, but you have a lip. My spokes go to the edge of the wheel making them appear bigger. At the fest, we'll check and see if my car is lower than yours. I highly doubt it.

Then again, you might have a skewed line of sight, being short and all...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
You may have 22's, but you have a lip. My spokes go to the edge of the wheel making them appear bigger. At the fest, we'll check and see if my car is lower than yours. I highly doubt it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #32
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So do I. Have 22s. Yours seems lower...........

Photo optical illusion???
Go take another picture of your fronts after the Maggie install

I have the Pfadt springs and the Maggie as well. Front dropped almost 2" from stock with the springs and the S\C.
635 mm is where it sits now. Pedders calls that a maximum drop WITH coilovers.

I picked up 600hp-lpe's XA's cause I'm tired of dragging my headers over speedbumps

Last edited by Luvpilot; 02-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #33
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That's another thinig to take into account. weight of the procharger vs. maggie.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #34
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
Very cool. I just don't have the money for the supercar coilovers. :( I'm the type of guy that likes to go big when I go for something, you know, top of the line all the time. However, being my age and a full-time student at a $40,000/year university with this huge car payment, the financial side of things aren't too great. lol
Quote:
How much better are the supercar coilovers to the Xa. Are Xa fine for agressive street fun?
I had my G8 fully Pedderized with the regular Xa coilovers and it was great! You won't be disappointed with the Xa's. At the next autocross in you are more than welcome to do a ride along in the Camaro. And when the streets and temperatures are a bit warmer outside take me up on that ride. You won't regret it.

Last edited by Jaysin; 02-02-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #35
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
Pedders Track II installed by Haddad Motorsports. No complaints at Track days in Willow Springs, Open Road Racing in Nevada, Mojave Mile Shootout and sometimes a Daily Driver.
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
You'll also attain harmony with the universe and world peace.

I would highly recommend using a Pedders Street Xa that includes urethane inserts for the sub-frame and radius bushes. This adds stability to the foundation of your 5th Gen so you can take full advantage of the Xa coilovers. Pedders packages are discounted. In this case, the bushes are almost free.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #37
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I love my Xa's. I'm at max drop out back and have 10mm between the lock rings up front. I can't go any lower out back...Justice Pete says that my OEM heights were about 10mm higher than average (693mm front, 700 mm rear), which would explain why my car sits a bit higher in the rear with the coilovers fully adjusted down. I think I'm going to go ahead and take the fronts down all the way until the rings are touching.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpilot View Post
Go take another picture of your fronts after the Maggie install

I have the Pfadt springs and the Maggie as well. Front dropped almost 2" from stock with the springs and the S\C.
635 mm is where it sits now. Pedders calls that a maximum drop WITH coilovers.

I picked up 600hp-lpe's XA's cause I'm tired of dragging my headers over speedbumps
Hmmmm........ I forgot bout the Maggie wheight with the heat echanger all the coolant and hoses and pump.

Quote:
That's another thinig to take into account. weight of the procharger vs. maggie.
True. But it's the rear of your car that looks so much stealthier than mine in the pics.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #39
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
How much better are the supercar coilovers to the Xa. Are Xa fine for agressive street fun?
On the street, the XA's are a lot of fun. You can set the height where you want them. Playing with the dampening, hard/soft - 30 positions, is a bonus. Set them hard when you want to play. set them soft when you have a date.

The XA's are made for aggressive street driving. You would love them compared to the stock setup. They are like having really good sex, and leaving you extremely satisfied, wanting more of what they offer.

The supercar shocks are like having an orgy. They will please you to no end. You just can't get enough...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #40
M6HuggerSS

Drives: Crane Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
On the street, the XA's are a lot of fun. You can set the height where you want them. Playing with the dampening, hard/soft - 30 positions, is a bonus. Set them hard when you want to play. set them soft when you have a date.

The XA's are made for aggressive street driving. You would love them compared to the stock setup. They are like having really good sex, and leaving you extremely satisfied, wanting more of what they offer.

The supercar shocks are like having an orgy. They will please you to no end. You just can't get enough...
they need to copy and paste that description to the Pedders website!
perfect!

hehe

1999 HUGGER SS SOLD :(
400rwhp (3375lbs)

2002 YELLOW Z06 SOLD :(
360rwhp (3040lbs)

2013 CAMARO ZL1 COMMING SOON
M6HuggerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #41
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post

This my friend is signature worthy!!!
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #42
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
ROFL!!!!

You need to show Rob your new signature..
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote