Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #29
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Remove open door chime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Hopefully not but there probably is a way. It's a safety feature that's pretty important. First time you forget one of your doors is open, back out of a garage and rip it off its hinges... you'll wish you hadn't cancelled it.
Oh man. I remember some years back my boss at the time got a new Acura. Anyway he brought it to work and pulled it into the garage to show everyone, the car had less the 100 miles. Long story short he backed out with the drivers side rear door open, it was one of the saddest sounds I've heard. The door essentially bent all the way back and the door handle was just about touching the front door.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 11-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #30
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
Just what I was talking about. I haven't really seen any advice or help in what the poor guy is asking. He wants to know how to disable a chime! He is not asking personal advice on backing a car out and tearing the door off or all the other scenario's being given to him. (help the poor guy with his question) I very rarely get on to the General forums like this one as you can't get straight answers or specific help.
True. Well personally could not tell you or the OP how. It seems like it would be complicated.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #31
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
Just what I was talking about. I haven't really seen any advice or help in what the poor guy is asking. He wants to know how to disable a chime! He is not asking personal advice on backing a car out and tearing the door off or all the other scenario's being given to him. (help the poor guy with his question) I very rarely get on to the General forums like this one as you can't get straight answers or specific help.
Fine. My answer to OP is... I don't know how to disable the door chimes.

My suggestion as to his wanting to disable the door chimes is... don't do it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Oh man. I remember some years back my boss at the time got a new Acura. Anyway he brought it to work and pulled it into the garage to show everyone, the car had less the 100 miles. Long story short he backed out with the drivers side rear door open, it was one of the saddest sounds I've heard. The door essentially bent all the way back and the door handle was just about touching the front door.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
There you go. If only the "rear door open" had a chime. Being an Acura, I'd bet there was an indicator light on the dash though. Not quite as affective.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think the chime and courtesy lights have something to do with the door latch on these cars. I have seen some companies that have something that you put in your door latch that people use at car shows to hold the doors open. You may want to try something like that.
http://rockyhinge.com/store/product70.html
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS

If you push the tab inside this slot towards the outside of the door, left in the picture, it will stop the chime while your door is open. As was posted earlier, you need to remember and pull on the door handle before you close the door to reset the latch to the open position.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #35
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
WOW, Glad I found this thread before it was to late. I put a aftermarket stereo in right after I bought the car and turned the chime down. That was 4 years ago. Good thing I still have all my doors. What was I thinking? Oh I know. I'm not an incompetent dipshit.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #36
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
WOW, Glad I found this thread before it was to late. I put a aftermarket stereo in right after I bought the car and turned the chime down. That was 4 years ago. Good thing I still have all my doors. What was I thinking? Oh I know. I'm not an incompetent dipshit.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #37
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
ITT: assumptions.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 AM   #38
yellowz
TREMEC6060 1-2 needs fix

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I think what the OP was talking about is turning off the open door chime when the engine is OFF and the door is open. You CAN'T drive the car when the engine is OFF and rip off the door. There is no safety hazard or risk in that situation. If the engine is running, then yes, open door chime makes sense. But when you go camping or just fishing off the pier and you want to hear the radio, best you can do is leave the windows open. And sometimes when detailing, or tuning and you have electric extension cord to power the laptop, you want to leave the door open so you don't have to muck with the cord all the time as you open and close the door. Much easier to just leave it open, but that's not possible unless you like being driven crazy. It would be nice if it just chimed for 15 seconds and then stopped because you WANT to leave the door open. Or maybe some way to turn it off and thereby acknowledge that you are aware of the risk that somebody could steal your car because you are away fishing and just listening to the radio. In these situations, sometimes you want to get in and out over and over and/or just use the radio with the door open to get the most sound. Why can't we have such a simple convenience? Radio without the key would work for that situation, but not if you are tuning and the key is required to be in the ignition and turned to the accessory on position. There may be other situations where the key is required, such as using the cigarette lighter to power something while you are working on the car and going in and out. It's basically a convenience issue that a little selector or button or something could easily solve.

That's just my opinion, but then, I'm stupid as hell and I could be wrong about everything.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:39 AM   #39
MaikEST

Drives: Camaro SS 2011
Thumbs down

Still no answer, anyway, I just bought a camaro and I have been near car about 2 hours and this chime annoys living crap out of me. I don`t know how loud stock one is ,but somebody is installed aftermarket stereo and it`s very loud and annoying, can I disconnect it near radio ? I don`t understand , how does it even work with aftermarket radio ?

it comes trought speakers in my car? 2011 ss
european cars don`t have that "feature" ..
MaikEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #40
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
I think what the OP was talking about is turning off the open door chime when the engine is OFF and the door is open. You CAN'T drive the car when the engine is OFF and rip off the door. There is no safety hazard or risk in that situation. If the engine is running, then yes, open door chime makes sense. But when you go camping or just fishing off the pier and you want to hear the radio, best you can do is leave the windows open. And sometimes when detailing, or tuning and you have electric extension cord to power the laptop, you want to leave the door open so you don't have to muck with the cord all the time as you open and close the door. Much easier to just leave it open, but that's not possible unless you like being driven crazy. It would be nice if it just chimed for 15 seconds and then stopped because you WANT to leave the door open. Or maybe some way to turn it off and thereby acknowledge that you are aware of the risk that somebody could steal your car because you are away fishing and just listening to the radio. In these situations, sometimes you want to get in and out over and over and/or just use the radio with the door open to get the most sound. Why can't we have such a simple convenience? Radio without the key would work for that situation, but not if you are tuning and the key is required to be in the ignition and turned to the accessory on position. There may be other situations where the key is required, such as using the cigarette lighter to power something while you are working on the car and going in and out. It's basically a convenience issue that a little selector or button or something could easily solve.

That's just my opinion, but then, I'm stupid as hell and I could be wrong about everything.
No, you're just old enough to remember a time when cars were designed without nearly as much "help" from the busybodies who would outlaw the concepts of "common sense" and taking personal responsibility for one's own safety.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #41
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaikEST View Post
Still no answer, anyway, I just bought a camaro and I have been near car about 2 hours and this chime annoys living crap out of me. I don`t know how loud stock one is ,but somebody is installed aftermarket stereo and it`s very loud and annoying, can I disconnect it near radio ? I don`t understand , how does it even work with aftermarket radio ?

it comes trought speakers in my car? 2011 ss
european cars don`t have that "feature" ..

Which install kit did they use? If its the metra kit you can turn the chime down or off. There is a black box that the stereo and car wiring hooks to. It has a hole in the side where you can adjust the volume.

If it's the metra kit

Page 7

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...-3010S_web.pdf
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #42
MaikEST

Drives: Camaro SS 2011
It is Metra, I try that. Thanks !
MaikEST is offline   Reply With Quote