Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Geo33

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT 2 (RS)
New user here..Mod suggestions? (I apologize if I'm in the wrong place)

Hello-

First time poster here. I'm new to these forums but bought a 2014 RS last year and finally got some work done this week. Powder coating the wheels and calipers. The color of the car is Ashen Grey Metallic. The reason I bought a Camaro in the first place is because it was a sweet deal and my dad used to rock a '69 Camaro in the old days. I don't know too much about cars to be honest.

Anyway, wondering if anyone can suggest some relatively cheap mods for the car, whether it be small things to change the appearance, or stuff to enhance performance, etc. Anything really for a few hundred bucks. Don't have the cash for anything else at this point as the powder coating was pretty expensive. One thing I definitely want to do is change out the halos to maybe a red color.

Thanks in advance.

Geo
Geo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
keep in mind and color changing lights are illegal while driving the car (other than white and amber I believe). Unless its going to be a show car -I probably would add color changers to it.

I would say an aftermarket exhaust is the #1 first mod for a Camaro. Stock Camaros are quiet and tame. Muffler delete and new axle backs, full cat back, headers + cats + catback - any of these would make the car sound 100x better. I think a muffler delete with aftermarket axlebacks should cost you in the few hundred dollar range.
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
You have a LFX V6 so I would start in this section of the Camaro Forum.... Lots of like minded owners to help you I'm sure.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:53 AM   #4
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Welcome aboard...Since your funds are limited I would suggest tinting the windows if they have not already been done...I paid less than $500.00 to have my rims powder coated, did you pay around the same or more???Another option would be a cold air intake about $300.00 depending on brand name...If you're funds are really tight just wait on the mods and enjoy your car while you can save enough play around money to really change the appearance or performance of the car...GL...

Last edited by STUNNAH; 03-24-2017 at 02:24 AM.
STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #5
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Welcome aboard...Since your funds are limited I would suggest tinting the windows if they have not already been done...I paid less than $500.00 to have my rims powder coated, did you pay around the same or more???Another option would be a cold air intake about $300.00 depending on brand name...If you're funds are really tight just wait on the mods and enjoy your car while you can save enough play around money to really can the appearance or performance of the car...GL...
Tinting is not much of an option in New York if you want the car to stay legal. With the new laws that just passed, your car will not pass inspection with anything darker than a 70% tint on side windows, and no tint on front windows. About the only thing you can tint here legally is the rear window.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Welcome ... posting a few pictures would make it a little easier to give suggestions. As others have already stated, if not already done, tinting is relatively inexpensive
Old 03-23-2017, 06:29 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
welcome to the group. There are many options to change appearance and keep a simple budget. A lot of under the hood stuff, maybe tinting your sidemarkers, etc. I see a lot of people here love some plastidip for many different things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 AM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Custom floor mats by Lloyd's.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
dugoodle

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo33 View Post
Hello-

First time poster here. I'm new to these forums but bought a 2014 RS last year and finally got some work done this week. Powder coating the wheels and calipers. The color of the car is Ashen Grey Metallic. The reason I bought a Camaro in the first place is because it was a sweet deal and my dad used to rock a '69 Camaro in the old days. I don't know too much about cars to be honest.

Anyway, wondering if anyone can suggest some relatively cheap mods for the car, whether it be small things to change the appearance, or stuff to enhance performance, etc. Anything really for a few hundred bucks. Don't have the cash for anything else at this point as the powder coating was pretty expensive. One thing I definitely want to do is change out the halos to maybe a red color.

Thanks in advance.

Geo

Could you post photos of your powder coated rims? I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dugoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 PM   #10
Geo33

Thanks everybody. I actually already have tints (30% all around) but this was before the new law..I also painted my chevy emblems black and bought the custom floor mats.
Definitely going to look into exhaust stuff soon but will probably wait until I can buy something real nice.

I've actually been looking at racing stripes/hood spears all day today. Probably going to start with just the spears and see how they look. I'll either go red to match the calipers and RS symbol or go black. I actually haven't seen an Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro with black spears, so not sure how it would look. But the Vinyls are cheap and I have a shop that will do good work. Thoughts on which color?

Anyway..Here's a photo of my car and also a photo of one of the wheels/calipers/rotors that were just powdercoated today. Really pleased with the job.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #11
Geo33

Update: I'm a noob and can't seem to upload the photo of my car. I uploaded it here though

https://ibb.co/j6TbAa
Old 03-24-2017, 02:25 AM   #12
dugoodle

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks everybody. I actually already have tints (30% all around) but this was before the new law..I also painted my chevy emblems black and bought the custom floor mats.
Definitely going to look into exhaust stuff soon but will probably wait until I can buy something real nice.

I've actually been looking at racing stripes/hood spears all day today. Probably going to start with just the spears and see how they look. I'll either go red to match the calipers and RS symbol or go black. I actually haven't seen an Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro with black spears, so not sure how it would look. But the Vinyls are cheap and I have a shop that will do good work. Thoughts on which color?

Anyway..Here's a photo of my car and also a photo of one of the wheels/calipers/rotors that were just powdercoated today. Really pleased with the job.

Wheels look great, I think that's what I'm going to do next!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
dugoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:27 AM   #13
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:

Rim looks nice...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:36 AM   #14
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Welcome to the site and nice color choice!

For your first mods I would suggest either exhaust or cold air intake. If you decide to do the exhaust, might I suggest just a standard muffler delete? They often produce great sounds with our cars that many like and will always be one of the cheapest options. My local shop can do so for $70.

If your car is a manual, maybe consider a short throw shifter from MGW.
]
Good luck with whatever you decide. Look around the forums, it's bound to give you some good ideas.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote