Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2021, 09:04 PM   #71
ccss713

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
I totally get it. I sometimes wish my car didn't look as good as it did when I bought it, as it fed right into my OCD. I did decide to take her out yesterday for a couple hundred mile trip. OMG, I was sooo happy, and there wasn't a single puddle or any salt dust anywhere I drove. She's sitting in front of the house right now as it is still clear and sunny, but she will be going back into storage temporarily before the wet weather hits next week.
I totally hear that too. My last car was a 392 Charger I bought new from factory. That baby was a total garage queen for 4 years. I didn't even let them wash it at the dealer . I know a lot of people on a car forum will laugh at that, saying it's silly to have a car and not drive it. But I totally get it and think it makes things more special on those occasions you take it out.

I'm changing things up with this 5th gen to have something I don't have to worry about the looks so much and I get to drive it all the time. It's also great to be back in a manual and the Tremec is really good. It's been an amazing car so far despite some annoying problems. Got 3 track days planned in April/May so I should be able to really put it to the test!
ccss713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:38 PM   #72
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccss713 View Post
I totally hear that too. My last car was a 392 Charger I bought new from factory. That baby was a total garage queen for 4 years. I didn't even let them wash it at the dealer . I know a lot of people on a car forum will laugh at that, saying it's silly to have a car and not drive it. But I totally get it and think it makes things more special on those occasions you take it out.

I'm changing things up with this 5th gen to have something I don't have to worry about the looks so much and I get to drive it all the time. It's also great to be back in a manual and the Tremec is really good. It's been an amazing car so far despite some annoying problems. Got 3 track days planned in April/May so I should be able to really put it to the test!
I envy you! After I bought her last summer with 4K miles, I spent $3000 on clear bra and ceramic coating. Then I put 6700 miles on her from July to November. Once I take her out of storage, I drive her almost every day it isn't raining or where I'd have to park her next to another car. Haha. Oddly enough, I don't have a garage. I'm hoping to get a bit more lax over time as I would enjoy it more if I wasn't worried about getting her first ding or scratch. First-world problems.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #73
futureZ

Drives: 11 camaro 2lt rs
Well, finally got a decent rain yesterday and looks like most of the salt is washed away. Called insurance company and reinstated coverage. Scheduled inspection for Monday. There’s gonna be a jailbreak soon! Finally!
Attached Images

futureZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:33 PM   #74
Tony-8

Broke mine back out today. Taking her to Safelite in the morning to have the windshield chip fixed before the crack gets worse. It's smaller than a pea at the moment.

FutureZ, around here I couldn't believe they salted the roads yesterday afraid the rain would freeze. The roads were dry today and I won't drive it in the rain until the new salt has washed away. I have to admit it was so much fun running through the gears today!
Old 03-20-2021, 02:59 AM   #75
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
I envy you! After I bought her last summer with 4K miles, I spent $3000 on clear bra and ceramic coating. Then I put 6700 miles on her from July to November. Once I take her out of storage, I drive her almost every day it isn't raining or where I'd have to park her next to another car. Haha. Oddly enough, I don't have a garage. I'm hoping to get a bit more lax over time as I would enjoy it more if I wasn't worried about getting her first ding or scratch. First-world problems.
I hear ya on both these fronts. The other day it started pouring so when I got into my garage, there's my wife with the heavy micro fiber drying towel and the air cannon plugged in(yeah I know, I'm a lucky guy). Forget about parking it next to another car. I try not to but you'll get that one as#h%l* that parks next you even though I'm parked all alone and a 1/2 mile away. So I get out real quick and just stand there. It's funny to look at the person or people's expression when they see me "guarding" my car.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:36 AM   #76
futureZ

Drives: 11 camaro 2lt rs
Quote:
Broke mine back out today. Taking her to Safelite in the morning to have the windshield chip fixed before the crack gets worse. It's smaller than a pea at the moment.

FutureZ, around here I couldn't believe they salted the roads yesterday afraid the rain would freeze. The roads were dry today and I won't drive it in the rain until the new salt has washed away. I have to admit it was so much fun running through the gears today!
Tony-8, we got lucky over here. They didn’t salt at all. Taking her out this morning, give her a good once over then out for a ride, hopefully top down.
futureZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #77
Tony-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureZ View Post
Tony-8, we got lucky over here. They didn’t salt at all. Taking her out this morning, give her a good once over then out for a ride, hopefully top down.

Hope you got to drop the top today. After getting my windshield repaired this morning (Safelite did a great job and made it invisible), and washing it, I dropped the top and drove out to the beach. Several people stopped to ask me about the car. One nice 20-something young man who was parked next to me, asked me how I kept my car looking so good. I told him it was a curse and I owed it to my OCD.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #78
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Stretched its legs again yesterday on another shakedown drive since the heads and cam install. Tested on it pretty hard and it performed flawlessly.While in Mexico a few ricers and a guy in a BMW M3 tried flexing on me a bit. My car pulls like freight train as they soon found out. Made my ears hurt tho haha.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #79
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Got out again today. Picked up my Grand boys and took ‘em out to lunch, after a little flexing. Bigs smiles and I believe the term “sick” was used to describe their pleasure.