Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Shipping my car

I may be shipping my car to Jannetty Racing in the near future and was wondering who you guys have used to ship your car and your experience. I'd much prefer to drive it up there, but given my work schedule that would be impossible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
jam3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I tow mine up. Leave it and come home. Normally leave my house in Montgomery conty at 3:30 am and get back by 3pm. Not a bad drive at all.
You could drive up drop it off and take the Amtrak back. Ted or someone from the shop will take you to the Amtrak station. They do it all the time.
What are you getting done?
jam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Well, the car isn't technically drivable right now, so driving it up isn't an option. Something in the trans/clutch broke and I have it at a shop now that is working on it, but I would just feel more comfortable with Jannetty Racing fixing it for me. It looks like the car is stuck where it is for now. The other shop has already pulled the trans and it's being shipped back to RPM for them to take a look at.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Whatever you do, don't have a guy named David Obulutsa ship your car. I think his company is based out of Montgomery, MD. The asshole can't drive stick and will ensure that your car is dropped off the ramp. Oh, and then his insurance won't cover it.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Whatever you do, don't have a guy named David Obulutsa ship your car. I think his company is based out of Montgomery, MD. The asshole can't drive stick and will ensure that your car is dropped off the ramp. Oh, and then his insurance won't cover it.
Holy crap, pics?

In any case I thought they had their own towing option as well which I've heard was pretty reasonable?

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote