Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #29
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Trans Am Update - 11/2/13 - 11/3/13

OK here are some preliminary updates:

The Mid Florida Camaro Club is coming up to the race to honor one of their long time members who past away this year. They have a Camaro Corral already set up with the SCCA for the weekend, so I am working on just joining them. They have 15 - 20 members coming up to the event and they will be there Friday - Sunday.

I read on their website that on Saturday the SCCA will be offering parade laps in your car for $ 25.00 (don't know how many laps yet) and for $ 100.00 on Sunday you can drive your car as fast as you dare with an instructor (don't know how many laps yet either). Suffice it to say that I will get all of the details in the next week or two.

So it looks like there will be a couple of days worth of activities, meet and greet with the Trans Am team (possibly more than one), car corral, lap opportunities, and meeting a bunch of Florida 5th Gen guys/gals. As usual, pits are open to everyone and you can watch from anywhere on the track that you want. There will be several different races going on that weekend, as it is the SCCA championship weekend (I believe).

I will need to get them numbers so that they can pass them on to the SCCA for the corral parking, since right now they are set for 15 -20.

If you can, please post (or repost) if you are interested and how many people you plan on bringing. Also please indicate if you are interested in Saturday & Sunday, Saturday only, or Sunday only. I am also going to work on setting up a short cruise and dinner with the Florida group, once they get their schedule set.

Thanks
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
OK here are some preliminary updates:

The Mid Florida Camaro Club is coming up to the race to honor one of their long time members who past away this year. They have a Camaro Corral already set up with the SCCA for the weekend, so I am working on just joining them. They have 15 - 20 members coming up to the event and they will be there Friday - Sunday.

I read on their website that on Saturday the SCCA will be offering parade laps in your car for $ 25.00 (don't know how many laps yet) and for $ 100.00 on Sunday you can drive your car as fast as you dare with an instructor (don't know how many laps yet either). Suffice it to say that I will get all of the details in the next week or two.

So it looks like there will be a couple of days worth of activities, meet and greet with the Trans Am team (possibly more than one), car corral, lap opportunities, and meeting a bunch of Florida 5th Gen guys/gals. As usual, pits are open to everyone and you can watch from anywhere on the track that you want. There will be several different races going on that weekend, as it is the SCCA championship weekend (I believe).

I will need to get them numbers so that they can pass them on to the SCCA for the corral parking, since right now they are set for 15 -20.

If you can, please post (or repost) if you are interested and how many people you plan on bringing. Also please indicate if you are interested in Saturday & Sunday, Saturday only, or Sunday only. I am also going to work on setting up a short cruise and dinner with the Florida group, once they get their schedule set.

Thanks
Still interested, both days. 2 people

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
David, what is the cost per day or both days ?
We are showing Intrest, in this! 2 folks!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Both days for me if I get the time off of work
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #33
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
I will both days.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #34
driser

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
David, what is the cost per day or both days ?
We are showing Intrest, in this! 2 folks!
Scott,

The price is $ 25 per day or $35 for both, plus $ 5.00 for parking. There are discounts for SCCA members and military, so check the Road Atlanta website for those discounts if the apply. I don't know yet if the Florida group has set up a discount with the corral yet, so the above prices would be the most you will have to pay.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
csjcsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Scott,

The price is $ 25 per day or $35 for both, plus $ 5.00 for parking. There are discounts for SCCA members and military, so check the Road Atlanta website for those discounts if the apply. I don't know yet if the Florida group has set up a discount with the corral yet, so the above prices would be the most you will have to pay.
Thanks David!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #36
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Looks like I should be able to make this. Please count me as 1. Thanks David!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
I plan on being there, possibly both days with 2.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
Mr. Bill

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Count me in for both days, 2 people. Thanks!
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #39
musclecargirl

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
I have 3 people for both days.
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
csjcsj

Any updates???
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #41
driser

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Any updates???
Have been busy getting ready for my track weekend at Road Atlanta, so look for updates next week.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
driser

Trans Am Update

Well I finished up my track weekend at Road Atlanta, so I will now have time to put this together.

So far the details are: Dates are 11/2/13 & 11/3/13 (Saturday & Sunday) and the event is the SCCA American Road Race of Champions. There are a ton of cars/classes racing the entire weekend, with the Trans Am race being Sunday at 12:05 pm on Sunday. You can check out the Road Atlanta and SCCA websites for additional information.

There is a group from Florida coming up for the weekend and they already have a Camaro Corral set up, so we will park in their corral with them.

The Trans Am Camaro driver that I am in contact with to have a meet and greet is Cameron Lawrence, who by the way won his 6th race this past weekend at VIR and has already won the championship with two races to go.

I propose a two day event, that folks can come both days or one day. Saturday has cars on the track beginning at 8:00 am and the Trans Am cars qualify Saturday at 1 pm. As stated above, they race on Sunday at 12:05 pm and the race is 40 laps.

I believe that there will be parade laps available on Saturday and possibly laps with an instructor on Sunday. The SCCA calls this their PDX, which is set for Sunday morning from 9:30 am - Noon. There is a fee for both, and I will get more information from SCCA this week.

I also suggest that we plan on grabbing an early dinner on Saturday....open for suggestions. We will also invite the Florida Club, so the number might be high.

I will put out additional details later this week, including prices etc. If someone is interested in trying to come up with some suggestions for dinner that would be great.

For now anyone who has not posted their intentions to come, please do so as soon as possible. Also everyone post up if they are interested in dinner Saturday night.

I will put up a list of those attending later.

Joe can you please add this to the ACE5 website?