Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #169
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Where did I land???

Just logged in to check for a PM on suspension upgrade and this thread title caught my eye. Didn't know we had so many 'life experience' experts on this forum. Honestly I very quickly skimmed all the posts so I don't know why I'm chiming in but here goes. Son,it's a piece of metal-they make them everyday. Just as there is one always faster-there's always one more special. As dads go, I have 2 daughters-ya know what-they didn't come with instructions,so I do the best I can. Boy do I screw-up sometimes, but now and then I get it right. NO ONE ON HERE KNOWS your situation-just you-dad-and the BigGuy. I hope that maybe one day you and him can work it out-if it doesn't happen then you both loose. That's the way it is. No right or wrong, just truth. Here endeth the lesson-sorry, I stole that from Sean Connery in The Untouchables-love that movie. I wish you the best,from a total stranger who may understand a little of your pain cause been there and done that!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #170
Gotadime

Drives: IOM RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Uh.... yeah... sure you would have....

Dude you're like a father on a power trip...usually having kids makes people grow in maturity...but clearly there's always the exception. Just for the record, I can remember knowing a few kids that could kick their dads asses at 17 (not many, but they sure as hell existed). Had a couple friends that were big into MMA and then there's the obvious football freaks that would just go crazy. It's pretty undeniable that you're reaching the prime of your fitness and strength ability from 17 up through your 20s. Nice try though.

Funny thing is, in all cases, all of my friends had mutual respect with their dads and either rarely fought or never fought at all. Interesting approach to parenting, huh?

Ordered 4.20.10 | Delivered 6.8.10 (Recent Photos)
Upcoming mods: MRT V2 Exhaust, Apex LED Tails, CAI.
I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #171
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Uh.... yeah... sure you would have....

Ha nice photo. Amazing what knowledge search engines have given some people...

For me things got physical once, and there were legitamite reasons for it.

Anyways dude, be proud of what you have earned, not been given either way. Just ignore those who are causing problems

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #172
zayzaydaboss

Drives: 2010 2LT RJT Camaro, 1986 Benz 190D
Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Glad I have all girls..... I am not worried about how someone else's son takes my lesson.

We have all had turmoil with our father's/parents. It is part of growing up and maturing. As we grow, we test boundaries, and learn from our mistakes...

The only thing I see that would bother me is you running to your mother instead of working it out with your father. That statement having nothing to do with which one it was.... If it was your Mother you were arguing with and ran to your Father I would feel the same exact way. Turning to someone you have not spoken to in 4 years is on the (using them) side..... Just my opinion... we all have them...

Life is going to be FULL of disagreements with parents, bosses, spouses, the chick at the drive through.... Every where you go... learn to work through them, not run from them. Coming from parents who divorced when I was 2... You are going to live to regret having a damaged or distant relationship with your father and or mother.... Trust me on this one. When they are gone, it will be you who has all the regret.

Better yet. Forget completely about the car... Focus on repairing your relationship with your Father and Building one with your Mother.
Hmm.. wouldn't you have to worry more since they are girls? like getting pregnant? thats worst
Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #173
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Nards,
he can afford the car, and he was paying for it, quit trying to make him look bad because he actually worked hard.
If he lives with mommy and daddy and still goes to HS he can not afford a brand new car, NUFF SAID!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #174
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
If he lives with mommy and daddy and still goes to HS he can not afford a brand new car, NUFF SAID!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #175
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Oh good here we go with name calling.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #176
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
why are people feeling bad for this dude, obviously hes inmature and deserves to have his car taken away until he can pay for it. That's the problem these days everything is OK regardless of what happened, no its not. If you are a bum and mess up you pay for it, not saying you can never redeem your self or correct the situation. There are never consequences to things, just like when people lost their homes and go on TV saying how they are getting screwed, and we should feel bad for them because they bought into retarded loans for stuff in reality they couldnt afford.

Welcome to being an adult buddy and if your dad was one he would have been smart enough to not put his name on a loan for a kid and a new car.

And to all who want to coddle this dude, sorry he made his story public and I'm giving my opinion. While I'm at it use your money that you spend on new cars on a college education, home, or something of value, and GET A JOB!!
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MY SELF, EVEN IF I WANTED TOO !!!:t humbup:
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #177
matt787

Drives: 2LT RS M6 CGM IO interior!
Why do so many ppl replying to the OP insist on giving him unsolicited advice, or making judgements about his ability to afford the car, maturity level and so forth?

I believe his main objective was seeking help in case any C5 member happens to find his Camaro one day, to let him know. I think this thread has become quite disrespectful to the OP. Plenty of us on here have done things we regret with our Camaros, intentional or otherwise, and we don't expect or deserve borderline-abusive comments from fellow members.

To the OP, best of luck finding your car one day. I know it must be tough for you right now...
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #178
chevyk1

Drives: CGM Camaro 1Lt
Hey best of luck with things in the future. From the sounds of it you will be able to get another camaro later down the road just keep working hard. You know your family situation better than us so do what you feel is best for you.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #179
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt787 View Post
Why do so many ppl replying to the OP insist on giving him unsolicited advice, or making judgements about his ability to afford the car, maturity level and so forth?

I believe his main objective was seeking help in case any C5 member happens to find his Camaro one day, to let him know. I think this thread has become quite disrespectful to the OP. Plenty of us on here have done things we regret with our Camaros, intentional or otherwise, and we don't expect or deserve borderline-abusive comments from fellow members.

To the OP, best of luck finding your car one day. I know it must be tough for you right now...

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #180
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
because he posted his crap for everybody to see and comment on. If you dont want people to know your business or comment dont put it on the net. And really is this dude going to find his car on here, give me a break. This isnt the make a wish foundation where somebody is going to give up their car back to this kid because he was so badly abused and dying.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #181
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
because he posted his crap for everybody to see and comment on. If you dont want people to know your business or comment dont put it on the net. And really is this dude going to find his car on here, give me a break. This isnt the make a wish foundation where somebody is going to give up their car back to this kid because he was so badly abused and dying.
All he asked was if someone found his car to let him know so he knew it made it to a good home. The rest was everyone prying into his life/offering advice unsolicited.

He never asked for anyone to give it back to him. Not once.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #182
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
All he asked was if someone found his car to let him know so he knew it made it to a good home. The rest was everyone prying into his life/offering advice unsolicited.

He never asked for anyone to give it back to him. Not once.
Doesn't matter. It's the internet. People post stuff and people respond.

I'm always amazed at the emotion that people expend over stuff on the internet, especially when opinions differ.

If he was only looking for his car, he should have spared us the back story and just asked if anyone could locate xxxxxxx VIN. Telling a story to gin up sympathy is going to get different types of responses. To think that everyone is going to respond with "Sorry, haven't seen your car" is silly.

Closed Thread