Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #239
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
chris,

my salesperson's computer screen showed the W/A's as well. if i recall correctly, it says somewhere in a different thread that it means that GM hasn't put the numbers into the system yet. someone correct me if i'm wrong, which most likely i am.

anyone have any idea when GM will upload these numbers into the system?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #240
Hornsby

Drives: 07 Eclipse
Performance

I just recently started following the camaro and was quite interested. Wanted one as a kid, but couldn't afford it. Not sure why there's an "order list" or a "dealer quota" from a company that is on the brink of bankrupcy, but that is another story. When I read about the performance of the V-6 (wife says no to the V-8 - too expensive) I wasn't sure if the numbers were impressive or not. So I looked up the performance of a few other cars. The V-6 camaro does 14.6 in the quarter. The mazda3 does 14.7 in the quarter. The accord and camry 6 cylinders are about the same as the camaro (accord coupe with a stick is faster). Now having second thoughts on the camaro. I guess the extra 30 hp over the camry and accord are needed for the extra weight.... Have to give this more thought before I invest in this one.
Hornsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #241
GM'r_For_Life
9A108207

Drives: 95 S10
Does Anyone else know and have excel 07?
GM'r_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #242
ConnorDude

Drives: 1970 Camaro Blue on White
Hey

can you put a rs package on the striped down v6?
ConnorDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #243
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
i dont think so dude but i will check 4 u
camarohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #244
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
Ls is the low end v6 have to get Lt for rs package
camarohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #245
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorDude View Post
can you put a rs package on the striped down v6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohead View Post
Ls is the low end v6 have to get Lt for rs package
camarohead is correct. you have to get the LT or SS trims to add the RS package
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #246
Lenny
Lenny

Drives: 08 CTS
My son is returning from Iraq in April and I was going to buy him a new camaro. My first new car was a '67 camaro - 327/250 I think - and I thought I would get him something with 300 hp. He said he didnt want one, but wanted a 4 cylinder import! WHAT!!! For the life of me I couldnt understand that. He gave me this thread (and a few others) and I've spent a few days reading it and opted to write an item. I am now beginning to understand his decision. I'm sure the number of family sedans (4 and 6 cylinders) that he would not want to get caught at a redlight with is not small. The 6 cylinder is pushing 2 tons! The little imports would dust him. A "muscle car" does not have a six cylinder and weigh almost 4000 lbs. I'm not sure what GM was thinking there. For the kids here who were worrying about dusting GT mustangs... they weigh 500 lbs less than you do and have 50 lbs more in torque! You need to worry about camrys and accords, not mustang GTs. I offered to get him the 8 cylinder and he decided he wants the new hyundai genesis coupe (hyundai? - I thought he was spending too much time in the desert sun or something) but he thinks the 4 cylinder turbo with a few mods will take care of any camaro. Today, I see GM is considering filing chapter 11. I was not going to finance his car, but for those who are deciding to finance you may want to ask around to see what implications that may have on you and your decision.
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #247
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
My son is returning from Iraq in April and I was going to buy him a new camaro. My first new car was a '67 camaro - 327/250 I think - and I thought I would get him something with 300 hp. He said he didnt want one, but wanted a 4 cylinder import! WHAT!!! For the life of me I couldnt understand that. He gave me this thread (and a few others) and I've spent a few days reading it and opted to write an item. I am now beginning to understand his decision. I'm sure the number of family sedans (4 and 6 cylinders) that he would not want to get caught at a redlight with is not small. The 6 cylinder is pushing 2 tons! The little imports would dust him. A "muscle car" does not have a six cylinder and weigh almost 4000 lbs. I'm not sure what GM was thinking there. For the kids here who were worrying about dusting GT mustangs... they weigh 500 lbs less than you do and have 50 lbs more in torque! You need to worry about camrys and accords, not mustang GTs. I offered to get him the 8 cylinder and he decided he wants the new hyundai genesis coupe (hyundai? - I thought he was spending too much time in the desert sun or something) but he thinks the 4 cylinder turbo with a few mods will take care of any camaro. Today, I see GM is considering filing chapter 11. I was not going to finance his car, but for those who are deciding to finance you may want to ask around to see what implications that may have on you and your decision.
1st of all thank your son for serving his/our country :flag2::flag2::flag2:

2nd the day a camry or genesis or accord dusts ANY camaro i will
the genesis is a borderline luxury car even the coupe. and the turbocharged 4 cylinder will definitely not dust the SS, even though it's lighter. he's comparing 2 diff. kinds of cars, muscle is muscle and track is track thats why the Genesis videos are all drifting around tracks and stuff. it will not beat theV6 Camaro off the line and i dun see how it could beat the SS in 1/4 mile. But he can get whatever car he wants for whatever reason he wants no one's gunna say he can't

The SS Camaro has 50 lbs of torque more then the GT and 85 more HP
of course V6 camaro isnt gunna beat a GT, but it Sh^^s on the V6, and the GT only has 15 more HP the the V6 Camaro

however the only disadvantage is teh weight, according to mustang forums and assuming the projected weight of the cars is correct the cars will have a power to weight ratio of 11.4 pounds per horsepower for the Mustang GT and the SS=9.42pph (V6= 12.3 pph) thats where the SS having more Torque the GT comes into play

Camaro SS weight= 3913
mustang Gt weight= 3600

Camaro V6= 3741
Mustang V6=3400

ALL in all the MUSTANG WILL BE A FORMIDABLE FOE lol COMPETITION

That being said welcome to the forums i think you'll really like it here we're all pretty friendly and teh Mods keep us all in check we hope you enjoy your stay lol

Last edited by Camarino; 03-07-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Camarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #248
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Hey guys,
Wondering what the increase on the sticker is for the RS option. I have read quite a few threads and can't find what the sticker is going to be on a 2SS with RS package.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #249
Camarino

2SS= $33,000 and change

RS upgrade= +$1,200
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #250
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
I offered to get him the 8 cylinder and he decided he wants the new hyundai genesis coupe (hyundai? - I thought he was spending too much time in the desert sun or something) but he thinks the 4 cylinder turbo with a few mods will take care of any camaro.
And an SS with a few mods would spank most any car. I'm a big fan of modding, but there is no replacement for displacement. Plus the genisis 3.8 V6 has 2hp more than the ls/lt and cost 1k less than an SS. The 22K base model has 210hp. And IMO they're ugly. So he may want to look into it a bit more. G35/37 or a 350z/370z may be better options.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #251
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
And an SS with a few mods would spank most any car. I'm a big fan of modding, but there is no replacement for displacement. Plus the genisis 3.8 V6 has 2hp more than the ls/lt and cost 1k less than an SS. The 22K base model has 210hp. And IMO they're ugly. So he may want to look into it a bit more. G35/37 or a 350z/370z may be better options.
the this shirt is for you lol
http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/n...shirt/44483275
Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #252
thebiz198

Drives: car
so you just bought a 2009 mustang when you knew the camaro was coming out shortly? now your going to trade it in for one. i call bull...
thebiz198 is offline   Reply With Quote