Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #337
SS/GA

Drives: '68 SS396 - '98 Z28 - '10 2SS
ACTUAL DEALER COST

We all should realize too, that there is another column that is missing in all of the talk about pricing on this forum, and that is the
Dealers Actual Cost!

The Dealer Invoice (Invoice Price) that they will show you, Is Not Their Actual Cost Of The Vehicle.

Another form of Dealer Profit source (some call it a "Spiff") is the "Hold Back"... Which amounts to an additional 3% of the MSRP...

or how about Charging you for the Wash & Wax or Paint Sealant (ADM)...

or Charging you to Scotch Guard the seats (on LEATHER? huh?) (ADM).

So from Actual Dealer Cost to MSRP Sticker / Plus the assorted "Spiffs" and Market Adjustments or Additional Dealer Margins (ADM) that the Dealer receives, it's not just a couple of hundred dollars profit per car like they'd want us all to believe.

ALL of these DOLLARS add up to some pretty hefty Profit Amounts that goes directly into the Dealer / Owners Pockets, and not ours.

And Yet we still have to fight for every nickle of discount or incentive that we "might get", even though most of it is GM Sponsored Monies, and not the Dealers!

So NO, I don't believe them when they say there is no profit in selling cars @ MSRP, or god forbid "under".

Think of this... Do you really believe that these Taj Mahal Dealerships / Facilities could be built and maintained if the margins were so tight at "only a few hundred dollars per car"?

I call BS!

SS/GA

Last edited by SS/GA; 11-13-2009 at 02:16 PM.
SS/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #338
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Does anyone have an up-to-date price list? The lists on the first page are over a year old and I don't think they are up to date anymore, right? I'm probably going to order one tomorrow. I want to make sure I'm grinding them properly.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #339
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
I used to work at a car dealer. I forgot all about holdback. So yeah, they really are making a lot more money than it looks like on this car. The industry as a whole might think they are being clever, but this kind of bullshit is what makes people put off and drag their feet when it comes to buying a car. People would buy a lot more cars if you didn't have to try to fight for a good price. If you could just go online, click 'buy it now', then go to a local GM store and pick it up. Like I said, people would buy more cars that way. ANYWAY

Here are the invoice minus holdback prices based on post 1 of this thread. Can someone update me?

(1EH37) 2LT: $24,320.70
(CF5) Sunroof: $747
Destination: $850

A local dealer quoted me an internet price that was about $375 below msrp. I'm going to see him tomorrow and hopefully I can work him down.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #340
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
This is true! I have verified with a couple of dealers and you will get a $500 incentive if you waive the 60day return. Really smart on GM's part b/c they don't disclose this on TV. lol
Not if you get GMS pricing which is what he was getting....read the exclusions of the program.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #341
BikeRacer13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Does anyone have an up-to-date price list? The lists on the first page are over a year old and I don't think they are up to date anymore, right? I'm probably going to order one tomorrow. I want to make sure I'm grinding them properly.
Would like to order by end of December. Does anyone have an updated price list or are these costs still accurate?

Thanks
BikeRacer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #342
kmb953

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT
I was about to pay $36,071 Red Jewel Camaro 2LT with RS package - ground effects painted to match - high wing spoiler - black stripe with hockey stripe - sunroof - cargo mat -custom engine cover to match paint scheme - and window tinting - good thing I got a hold of the info - and to think 3 dealers had me thinking I was doing them a favor!!!!
kmb953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #343
Samsiam

Drives: 2007 Sierra Denali, 08 Yukon Denali
Hi, I need help for this will be my first Camaro - about to purchase the new 2010 2SS loaded with everything, automatic, white with orange stripes, orange leather, sunroof, and ground effect package, with standard polished alum wheels. What should I be paying before tax?
Samsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #344
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
What really pisses me off is the difference in the same car US prices vs Canadian prices. Factoring in exchange rates, it doesnt even come close!~
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #345
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
8-10k diff sucks yuppers :(
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #346
mightymoose_22

Drives: Totaled GTO :(
There is a pricing discrepancy on the Camaro that is going to come back and bite GM.
Anyone that has a car with the RS package and substituted the wheels for something other than the wheels in that package has overpaid by $500-600.
The cost of the RS wheels is factored into the cost of the total package, but when the wheels are substituted for the polished wheels or anything else, there is no credit given for removing the RS wheels.
In effect, customers are paying for two sets of wheels- those included in the RS package AND the wheels substituted in.
The invoice on these cars will show the total cost of the RS package with the wheels, lights, and roof rails PLUS an additional charge for the substituted wheels. Most certainly nobody drove away from the dealership with two sets of wheels though.

Example:
The RS package on the 2SS model is $1200 and includes the 20" midnight-silver finish wheels, HID lights, and the painted roof rails.
The 20" polished wheels are substituted for the midnight-silver ones, and an additional $470 is charged.
Total paid is $1670 for those options, however since the midnight-silver finish wheels are removed from the vehicle there should be a $500-600 credit applied to the invoice.

The dealerships I have spoken with acknowledge the discrepancy and blame GM, saying there is nothing they can do. I spoke with GM customer service at length and the result was a redirect to the dealer, suggesting that the problem be resolved between the dealer and the business center. As a customer I am caught in the middle of finger pointing.

The dealer does not want to give the credit to the customer because the dealer did not receive the credit from the factory. As a customer I do not want to pay for something I am not going to receive.

Anyone that has already made such a purchase should confront the dealer with the discrepancy and seek a credit for the wheels that were not received. If the dealer refuses then a very easy lawsuit in small claims will get the customer a judgment. The invoice shows that two sets of wheels were paid for, but only one received. Maybe if enough people start to speak up about this GM will adjust the pricing plan to account for this problem.
mightymoose_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #347
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoose_22 View Post
There is a pricing discrepancy on the Camaro that is going to come back and bite GM.
Anyone that has a car with the RS package and substituted the wheels for something other than the wheels in that package has overpaid by $500-600.
The cost of the RS wheels is factored into the cost of the total package, but when the wheels are substituted for the polished wheels or anything else, there is no credit given for removing the RS wheels.
In effect, customers are paying for two sets of wheels- those included in the RS package AND the wheels substituted in.
The invoice on these cars will show the total cost of the RS package with the wheels, lights, and roof rails PLUS an additional charge for the substituted wheels. Most certainly nobody drove away from the dealership with two sets of wheels though.

Example:
The RS package on the 2SS model is $1200 and includes the 20" midnight-silver finish wheels, HID lights, and the painted roof rails.
The 20" polished wheels are substituted for the midnight-silver ones, and an additional $470 is charged.
Total paid is $1670 for those options, however since the midnight-silver finish wheels are removed from the vehicle there should be a $500-600 credit applied to the invoice.

The dealerships I have spoken with acknowledge the discrepancy and blame GM, saying there is nothing they can do. I spoke with GM customer service at length and the result was a redirect to the dealer, suggesting that the problem be resolved between the dealer and the business center. As a customer I am caught in the middle of finger pointing.

The dealer does not want to give the credit to the customer because the dealer did not receive the credit from the factory. As a customer I do not want to pay for something I am not going to receive.

Anyone that has already made such a purchase should confront the dealer with the discrepancy and seek a credit for the wheels that were not received. If the dealer refuses then a very easy lawsuit in small claims will get the customer a judgment. The invoice shows that two sets of wheels were paid for, but only one received. Maybe if enough people start to speak up about this GM will adjust the pricing plan to account for this problem.

Believe me when I tell you, that 4 20" Polished Rims don't cost $470, more like $3-$4K for the set, but since you already have a set of NON-Polished rims, the $470 is probably the difference in the cost between the PAINTED 20" rims and the Polished. I am not sure, but your not paying for a new set of rims for $470.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #348
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
This pricing is COMPLETELY OUT OF DATE, there has been price increases since this was published.

Thus this THREAD is out of date.

Regarding the wheels - you ARE getting a credit - that's why they only cost $470

Try buying them indiviually from a dealer.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #349
mightymoose_22

Drives: Totaled GTO :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Believe me when I tell you, that 4 20" Polished Rims don't cost $470, more like $3-$4K for the set, but since you already have a set of NON-Polished rims, the $470 is probably the difference in the cost between the PAINTED 20" rims and the Polished. I am not sure, but your not paying for a new set of rims for $470.
Obviously it isn't the cost of four rims... it is the difference between the wheels. However it is set up that this difference is paid twice- first with the addition of the RS package, and again when substituting the polished wheels.
mightymoose_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #350
Nucleartiger

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro ZL1 M6
Here is a question for the dealers or those that might would be able to answer it.

I know that GM is not doing any kind of discounts or deals on the Camaro right now but Ford just announced 0% financing on the new Mustangs. Do you think that this will spur GM to do the same or some other kind of deal for the Camaros?

I am very close to getting a Camaro now but I also don't want to go buy one and have a financing or discount be put out within the next week or two of purchase.
Nucleartiger is offline   Reply With Quote