Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
Altma

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
I actually know the owner of said yellow Camaro. He is in my Camaro club. He puts more time into cleaning and maintaining his car than anyone I know. Is it my personal favorite car? No. Mine is. But his car is clean and done really nicely. I say congrats Bill!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  290.4 KB

Pic of my old Camaro that took a very cool award last year
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
As one of the Mods that I talked to said, he was given a plaque to hand out to the car "he " liked best. I think the bar was set high this year and you will have to bring your "A" game to win.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I received this from Art during the CamaroCross on Saturday morning. Needless to say, I was rather shocked but extremely happy to receive the award. I let him ride shotgun during my last 3 or 4 runs and he said he loved my car and wanted to give me his award. Couldn't thank him enough for it!
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #19
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Well well well, never expected the aforementioned comments. It wasn't just about a clever setup nor what it just about chrome. if you thought that then you didn't really look at the car or know what you were looking at. Car shows are about original and or modified cars presented in the most clean, polished, finished form as possible, especially in light of the miles traveled. in other words, those that are not trailer queens and look better then they did off the showroom floor should be first. that car had 29,000 miles on it and did not have a spec of dust or dirt undercarriage, topside, suspension, inside, engine, wheel wells, tires ect. Equally as important, the car was FINISHED with a capital F from top to bottom. Just a few of the hundreds of touches included: Most of the nuts, bolts and screw visible to the human eye in the door jams and engine compartment was capped in aluminum billet chrome plated caps and door latches, trunk latches switches the same. the undercarriage of the car was pristine from front to rear with high gloss clear coated rally yellow paint and striping on the underside to match the exterior. It takes 15 hours of labour to clean just the undercarriage of this car properly for a show like this.The exhaust system was completely painted and both stock mufflers professionally airbrushed to advertise the Chevrolet and SS model that it was. The engine compartment, interior quarter panels, tower struts and inside hood, was completely repainted with high gloss clear coated rally yellow, the valve covers were powder coated rally yellow and stock OEM exhaust manifolds were silver ceramic coated. In addition, there was an enormous amount of labour in the custom painted engine cover, intake ductwork, hinges, ect and a professionally airbrushed hood pad. The car had custom painted striping and airbrushing on the exterior hood, front diffuser spoilers, rear diffuser, doors and undercarriage. The cars mirrors were customized as well as its door handles and satellite antennas and side marker lights with one of a kind lighting which was all functional for normal driving, ie turn signals, hazards, ect. The car had custom grills including rally yellow mesh with yellow functional lighting under the same and functional white LEDS in the mail slot that were functional driving lights as well. The list of what had been done to this car went on for over three pages. it has won over 42 trophies including first place for two years at world of wheels conventions and second place one year at world of wheels convention in it's class and over 20 first place trophies in 1000 point system shows.
The TIME and LABOUR involved to put that together and to maintain it is beyond what you could ever imagine.

ENOUGH SAID !
THANK you to the judges for recognizing quality when they saw it.

Last edited by lawdog; 08-06-2013 at 11:31 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
lawdog

CONGRATS ! To my buddies;
Fast Freddie Team Camaro award recipient, Now that's another awesome car !
Tigger, Team Camaro award recipient, some real unique striping going on there !
Tony No, Moderator Award, a daily driver (snow, rain and sun)that looks great
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Actually, car shows are quite simple.
The most correct, flawless, cleanest car wins. Modified cars do not win (outside of modified classes).

I think you're trying to make a rule for all car shows...and that may be problematic.

I'm not sure what award you're talking about - but the Disciples, the Moderators, and members of "Team Camaro" were given awards to give out.

Those awards were given to the 'camaro that speaks to you' - put another way - "the Camaro that you'd most like to take back home with you" -

Yes! Subjective as all-get-out.

That does not mean, however, that the person should not have received the award.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Here's the thread for these awards...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311543
Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #23
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Car shows are not supposed to be about the presentation or the display.
It's about the car. The most correct, most flawless, cleanest car should win.
Modified cars should not win outside of a modified class.
WTF ?

I think a car show like CamaroFest where everyone has at least the same 5TH GEN body, and has done no mods is not a a SHOW CAR!

I do see points for having a clean car/spotless whatever, but a stock 5th Gen next to a modify 5th Gen is not a show car

First CamaroFest I won BEST OF SHOW and MOST MODIFIED
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #24
HuJass

Drives: GM
First off, it seems that many of these cars are nice and well done. I don't want to take that away from anybody.

But, it's also important to convey that this type of " popular judging" is subjective as well. Just like Scott said. This way, people understand why one car was chosen over another.

Maybe you want to think about adding a 100 point, concourse class as well. This class would only be open to stock vehicles and would be purely objective. Again, based on correctness, flawlessness, and cleanliness.

Something to think about.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #25
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
JFTR the GM people, C5 moderators, and disciples each had an award to give to their chosen car.

Adams' chose the "Best of Show" and "Best Paint/Exterior."

The CICC determined the following awards using a version of a 100 point system. (I didn't judge [too hard!], did my time at the registration booth.)

Best 1st gen
Best 2nd Gen
Best 3rd Gen
Best4th Gen
Best 5th Gen
Best interior
Best engine bay
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #26
lawdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
JFTR the GM people, C5 moderators, and disciples each had an award to give to their chosen car.

Adams' chose the "Best of Show" and "Best Paint/Exterior."

The CICC determined the following awards using a version of a 100 point system. (I didn't judge [too hard!], did my time at the registration booth.)

Best 1st gen
Best 2nd Gen
Best 3rd Gen
Best4th Gen
Best 5th Gen
Best interior
Best engine bay
Thanks for pointing that out, FYI, Adams chose the same vehicle that won best fifth Gen this year, last year for BEST PAINT, guess they knew what they were doing as well.

Last edited by lawdog; 08-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
That 1000 point deal takes way to long. Lets keep it the same way.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post

Best 1st gen
Best 2nd Gen
Best 3rd Gen
Best4th Gen
Best 5th Gen
Best interior
Best engine bay
Do you know what the criteria was within the judging system?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote