Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
P0300 and p0174...where do I begin :(

So I am very embarrassed to say that my car has thrown these codes before, but I haven't looked into them until now. Usually it'll idle rough for a couple of minutes and then suddenly come alive. I live in FL and I only really notice this problem when it drops to the 30s during winter.
P0300 is random misfire and the other one is a lean code from bank 1.

My question is where do I begin to fix this problem? Please be detailed, I've tooled around with my car a bit, but I don't do well with vague notions lol.

I've heard talk of checking plugs and coils, and then vacuum leaks for the intake--any procedures or steps by steps are greatly appreciated. I'm really mad at myself for not fixing this sooner and being stranded with it now. Feel free to bash, but try to be helpful as well. Trust me, no one is beating themselves up as much as I am right now.

--Jared
Old 01-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I would start with a good fuel injector cleaner that removes water.
Solved all my cold start up problems below 20 deg.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
What is the mileage and do you have any mods? If you have an aftermarket intake a leak past the maf can easily cause lean conditions. Check to make sure all the clamps are secure....on aftermarket intakes they can come lose or possibly not be seated properly. We see you have long tube headers as well. Check all the spark plug wires and make sure none of them are rubbing against the headers. If they are to close to the headers you can burn right through them and cause a misfire. If you have any problems with the plugs/wires its a good bet to just replace them. We sell a spark plug boot protector that works great at keeping them burn free.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
What is the mileage and do you have any mods? If you have an aftermarket intake a leak past the maf can easily cause lean conditions. Check to make sure all the clamps are secure....on aftermarket intakes they can come lose or possibly not be seated properly. We see you have long tube headers as well. Check all the spark plug wires and make sure none of them are rubbing against the headers. If they are to close to the headers you can burn right through them and cause a misfire. If you have any problems with the plugs/wires its a good bet to just replace them. We sell a spark plug boot protector that works great at keeping them burn free.
My car has just under 43,000 miles. My mods are Doug Thorley long tubes (def checking my wires) a vararam intake, ported throttle body, catch can, and diablo sport tuned. Can you pm me a link to your products? It means a lot that you answered and then looked at my build journal to see that I had lts.
I had no problems today but I'm going to do the fuel injector today to start this weekend off.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
Lycanine

Cleaned everything up today and used fuel system cleaner. She's running now, but now I have a p3441 code--cylinder 6 deactivated. I saw on another post it's the DOD connector? Could someone show me a pic of where it is?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
Lycanine

TTT

Anybody got ideas on the P3441 code?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Lycanine

Well I'm back to square one. Car started running rough again today below a 1/4 tank of gas. Stopped and put some fuel injector cleaner in it again--no change as of yet. Still haven't figured out the P3441 code. I found the connector online, but it's on the back of the intake manifold. No way I popped it off.
Does anyone have any ideas where to go from here? I have my RX catch can where my air box used to sit...could the hoses running to there be an issue? I've double-checked its valves a half a dozen times so I know it's right.
Oh, and best part! My engine is ticking. It ticks faster the higher my RPMs so that's probably my lifters, right? What can I do about that? With my mods, could a dealership even work on it?

Thanks for taking the time to read and provide a solution. It feels like I've scoured all that I can and I'm missing something :(