Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
RX Performance has really gone down the toilet...

okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
infernometallicSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Best Run - 10.93@125
My shop has been waiting for a catch can for my car for 2 weeks also. I'm not as close as you are but still. Two weeks is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I feel your pain.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
nothing pisses me off more than placing an order on an in stock item, and then its not really in stock
Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things?
Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Why not cancel your order and just order an Elite catch can? Think you wold be much happier. I have had both.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Old 05-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Bradrulz I agree 100%. Just because there in here bro doesn't mean you shouldn't do your homework.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Placed my order 4/5/13, called and asked if it was "lost in space", was told that they were running behind. Since I still don't have my car(ordered 3/25) it really doesn't matter to me that they are running behind. But I do understand where you are coming from. I don't expect to see my car until the end of June(TPW 6/3), so I am good for another month before my frustration will boil over.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Elite. Norris. billet. All catch can. All good products. All are in stock. I love my elite cc. Like I said above.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?
+1
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
I run an RX on my Camaro, but the Mike Norris can is very good. I had one on my C6 and was extremely happy with the fit-n-finish & performance.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.
This, we have so many options with all kinds of parts, if something is backordered go elsewhere.

Waited 3 weeks for a GM dovetail (backorder) they wanted 700.00 installed which was no biggie but while I was waiting I grabbed a carbon fiber one for about half that price.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
According to what I have recently heard the Rx cans are on about a 6 week delay now. That is a long time for just a Catch can
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
jordan 572

Drives: none
Took mine about a month but I knew they were backed up. Whatever you do don't go for the stainless lines, there trash. I ended up making my own out of rubber. He said he would refund me but I figured it was my mistake. My only complaints were it took awhile and the quality of the can was alright. The painter didn't completely cover the whole thing, o and it was shipped parcel post.

Closed Thread