Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #7239
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
This whole IBM situation sucks.... Why even put it out there to order if you are going to drop it??? Nothing like building up somebody's hopes and then shooting them down.

Obviously there is a lot I do not know about these things, But GM you get a from me on this one!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #7240
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
This whole IBM situation sucks.... Why even put it out there to order if you are going to drop it??? Nothing like building up somebody's hopes and then shooting them down.

Obviously there is a lot I do not know about these things, But GM you get a from me on this one!

Yep, offering one thing and then saying "NOPE, can't have that" is what made me walk out of my local dealer's place.

You guys know I have my heart set on ZL1, but this IBM cancellation takes a lot of joy out of the process. If GM said it was going to be offered, they should offer it, AT LEAST for the people who already put down a deposit and got an order number. That's called honoring your word. If you weren't going to offer it, then don't say you will. If you say you will, then do.

Now I feel like I didn't get to choose my ZL1.

Sorry for my lack of Woosah, guys. I'll try to clear the funk out of my shorts.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #7241
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Yep, offering one thing and then saying "NOPE, can't have that" is what made me walk out of my local dealer's place.

You guys know I have my heart set on ZL1, but this IBM cancellation takes a lot of joy out of the process. If GM said it was going to be offered, they should offer it, AT LEAST for the people who already put down a deposit and got an order number. That's called honoring your word. If you weren't going to offer it, then don't say you will. If you say you will, then do.

While you clear your shorts (in private I hope) what color is your ZL1 going to be?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #7242
ShnOmac

Quote:

Well this is the woosah place but its also a place we can vent without all the crazy's chiming in..... Thats why I mentioned it in here and not your thread.

No matter what the business case is for them to cancel the color, it's a MAJOR let down from a consumer stand point. It's odd how I am frustrated and I am not ordering one.....
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #7243
JusticePete

Quote:
Well this is the woosah place but its also a place we can vent without all the crazy's chiming in..... Thats why I mentioned it in here and not your thread.

No matter what the business case is for them to cancel the color, it's a MAJOR let down from a consumer stand point. It's odd how I am frustrated and I am not ordering one.....
With as Go Blue avatar I can't imagine why
Old 12-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #7244
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
With as Go Blue avatar I can't imagine why

I take my Michigan teams seriously, and that includes team GM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #7245
JusticePete

Quote:
I take my Michigan teams seriously, and that includes team GM.
You can only be true blue to one blue TEAM. Here let me help you get this sorted.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #7246
ShnOmac

Quote:
You can only be true blue to one blue TEAM. Here let me help you get this sorted.

Oh no you didn't......

Sparty does not belong in this thread.... EVER

You also get a from me.....

Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #7247
ShnOmac

Quote:
Thanks, 'Mac.

You know that feeling when your heart sinks down into your gut.

Yeah, that one.

Thanks for the news, Scott. I won't shoot the messenger.
Odd how your signature says the "Faithful are watching" and its the Faithful enthusiasts that are being let down.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #7248
JusticePete

Quote:
Oh no you didn't......

Sparty does not belong in this thread.... EVER

You also get a from me.....

Quote:
Odd how your signature says the "Faithful are watching" and its the Faithful enthusiasts that are being let down.
ZL1

General Overview:

$54,995 inc. $900 DFC
0-60 MPH = 3.9/4.0 SEC. (A6/M6)
12.0 @ 119/12.1 @ 119 (A6/M6)
184 MPH Top Speed
1.0g MAX Lateral Grip
CAMARO ZL1 will be the most powerful and highest performing production CAMARO in history
Performance data will be given around the summer of 2011
Testing venues include: Nurburgring (7:41.27), extensive Autobahn testing, VIR track testing, Spring Mountain, Beaver Run, Milford and Yuma Proving Grounds
A deliberate effort was made to control mass (i.e. wheels/tires are 22 pounds less than those on SS)
1/3 of the SS was upgraded for ZL1
Look for some "purposeful features" in the DIC and HUD
Hours of actual wind tunnel-testing for various exterior aero' components net downforce
The Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 is the primary competitor - anything with 550 horsepower is also a consideration
ZL1 content builds on 2SS package
Team CAMARO continues to look into configurations
Built on the same production line as SS/LT/LS & convertible
Color palette to be the same as the rest of the models
Convertible is being introduced in 2013
CAMARO Facebook listed as a great place for input

Drivetrain and Performance:

580 horsepower @ 6000 RPMs and 556 foot pounds of torque @ 4200
6.2L supercharged V8 LSA engine from CTS-V, with minor changes specific to ZL1
Eaton TVS 1900 rotors with unique black upper plenum with ribbing for noise control and cowl clearance
Unique induction system including a high-flow air filter, dual inlet path air cleaner, lower-restriction upper SC plenum, and a higher efficiency intercooler complement the Eaton 1900
Cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds for enhanced thermal management
Active exhaust (with dual modes - similar to Corvette ZR1 & Z06)
Upgraded 6L90E 6-speed automatic transmission (MYD) has been enhanced with strengthened input gearsets, two additional planetary gears, an additional clutch plate, and strengthened output shaft
MYD has three distinct driving modes:
DRIVE: fuel economy and smooth shifts are desired, featuring 2nd gear start
SPORT: shift pattern is more aggressive including 1st gear start programming and an algorithm that holds the transmission in lower gears
MANUAL: full manual control, with no automatic up-shifts but staged up-shifts for incredibly fast and maximum performance "Based on throttle inputs, the transmission anticipates the next gear much like a dual-clutch variety, but without the costly hardware of DCT. GM estimates the “staged upshifts” trim shift times by upwards of 50%"
Upgraded TR6060 6 speed manual transmission (MG9) with: dual-mass flywheel, twin-disc clutch, strengthened output shaft, high-strength rear tailshaft housing, additional roller bearing, triple syncros' & factory short throw shifter with improvements to efforts and gates
Engine oil cooler identical to that of ZR1, exclusive-high-efficiency automatic transmission and rear differential cooler lower temperatures up to 100* for high performance and track driving (transmission fluid is pumped to the differential sump to cool diff' oil)
High-performance fuel delivery system with multiple pick-ups for extended high-lateral G driving
Larger lower front grille opening contributes to aid cooling, work with the hood extractors to increase downforce, and house integrated front brake cooling ducts
Underbody belly pan purposefully directs air around, under ZL1, for heat management and reduces front-end lift
Upgraded driveshaft
Upgraded limited-slip differential, featuring race-ready cast iron diff' housing, clutch packs and axle shafts (patent pending)
Upgraded cradle bushings
3.73 rear gear ratio (M6) / 3.23 rear gear ratio (A6)
51/49 weight distribution
7mm lower ride height than SS
Third Generation Magnetic Ride Control Suspension (MR) introduced on ZL1 (a generation after current MR on ZR1/CTS-V) uses new twin-wire/dual-coil dampers at all corners calculates dampening up to 1000 times a second allowing a greater range from softest to firmest settings for exceptionally responsive handling on the street or at the track
There are three settings for MR: Tour, Sport, and Track
Performance Traction Management (PTM) will be standard equipment incorperating the best blend of MR, Launch Control (LC), Traction Control (TC), and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) for the racetrack or dragstrip
PTM will have FIVE settings:
MODE 1: [I]TC for wet conditions, with ESC "On" and MR on "Tour"
MODE 2:[I] TC for dry conditions, ESC "On" and MR on "Tour"
MODE 3:[I] TC on "Sport 1", w/ESC "On" and MR set to "Sport"
MODE 4:[I] TC on "Sport 2", ESC "Off" and MR on "Sport"
MODE 5: TC on "Race", w/ESC "Off" and MR on "Track" for tracks with VHT
Launch Control will be standard for M6 models that modulates engine torque 100 times a second for consistantly fast launches
Redesigned rear stabilizer bars now have drop links placed on the outside-end of the control arms for "crisper" control (4X more effective than SS)
Next generation Variable Ratio Electric Power Steering (EPS) tuned for optimum performance
Brembo brakes - Front : 6-piston 14.6" 2 piece rotors / Rear: 4-piston 14.4" rotors
Light weight forged aluminum wheels - F: 20"x10" / R: 20"x11"
10-Spoke black low-gloss "SSX"-style wheels (standard and optional wheels are 11-pounds lighter than SS wheels)
Goodyear Supercar F1:G2 tires - F: 285/35/20 / R: 305/35/20 (specific to ZL1 and lighter than SS wheels by 11 pounds per car)
Functional front lower splitter and underbody tray
Front fender wheel opening and rear facia air deflectors manage air flow around the wheels and tires

Appearance Details:

ZL1 badging on grille, hood, brake calipers, decklid, instrument panel, headrests, and sill plates
HID headlamps with LED "Halo" rings
Functional front bumper facia with upper DRLs and lower projector fog lamps
Unique grille specific to ZL1
FUNCTIONAL raised vented-aluminum hood with a carbon fiber (exposed-optional) air extractor "Mowhawk"
Functional rocker extensions that aid in managing air-flow and deflect stones thrown off the front tires
Functional rear spoiler works in conjunction with the front splitter
Functional rear diffuser
Black center stripe will be optional
Quad stainless steel exhaust tips

Interior Details:

ZL1 logo stitched into headrests
Standard interior is black and lined in leather
Micro-fiber suede accents in seats, dashboard, steering wheel, shifter and boot (some elements are optional)
Alloy pedals make heal-and-toe shifting easier
Dual heated 6-way power front seats
Door and dash inserts are Carbon Flash with Red accent lighting
New steering wheel that's smaller in diameter and has a flat bottom
Premium Boston Accoustics audio system
ZL1-specific door sill plates
Parking Assist
Rear camera in rearview mirror
DIC/HUD will include helpful additions including boost pressure
4-Pack now includes a boost guage
Wireless PDIM and USB-port
Bluetooth connectivity

Options:
Exposed-weave CF hood heat extractor $600
Power sunroof $900
Stripe Package $470
6-speed Automatic (MYD) with TAP-Shift $1,185
Sueded microfiber interior package - steering wheel, shirt knob and shift boot $500
Forged 5-spoke polished aluminum with high-gloss clearcoat $470

Specifications:

Exterior Colors:

Black
Ashen Gray
Imperial Blue Metallic
Inferno Orange Metallic
Rally Yellow
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #7249
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Sorry for the blues everyone is having over the color...............................sorry couldn't resist.

As I am no longer employed by the General, I am far less interested in defending the rationale, reasonable or otherwise, that have friends of the House singing the blues over the blues.

Not good, good reason or not.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #7250
Scarrzz

Quote:
While you clear your shorts (in private I hope) what color is your ZL1 going to be?

Since they struck me down, I have become darker than they could have ever imagined.

There will be no one to stop us this time.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #7251
JusticePete

Quote:

Since they struck me down, I have become darker than they could have ever imagined.

There will be no one to stop us this time.
That is the Scarrzz we know and love. I think this shade of blue is for you.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #7252
Scarrzz

Quote:
That is the Scarrzz we know and love. I think this shade of blue is for you.

There is Definitely a Jedi Mind Trick going on here, and I'm pretty sure those are the blues I'm looking for.

Edit: 'cuz DANG !

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014