Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
bruce23

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
what kinda tune should i get for L99

idk what tune i should if any one know what kind for a automatic let me know ss camaro
bruce23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
I'm personally going to go with a JRE tune. Check out this sub-forum though, there's a lot of threads to answer your question. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
1RedHotLE

Drives: 2014 red hot 2ss 1le
JRE he'll tune it based on the mods you have and the octane you use. The main thing is to get the AFM turned off.
1RedHotLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
jqram35

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Ordered my JRE SCT yesterday.
jqram35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Friend of mine has an L99 (cai+catback) ordered and installed his JRE tune this week and he loves it

Doubt you would be disappointed with a JRE tune.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
camaro corvette performance tuner in tampa

You have Howard from redline motorsports right by you.
The question shouldnt be what kind of tune you should get, but ask your calibrator about his strategies.

It's easy to cut and paste tunes and make the car run better, but have the car real time tuned with wideband attached is the most effect way to have your vehicle perform its best.

Otherwise your just guessing it your AFRs

Give Howard a call and tell him i sent you and you'll love the car
Www.TampaTuning.com
Phil

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 09-23-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce23 View Post
idk what tune i should if any one know what kind for a automatic let me know ss camaro
Bruce, we are right here in Pompano and can setup you up. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
I'm personally going to go with a JRE tune. Check out this sub-forum though, there's a lot of threads to answer your question. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73
Thank you Sir!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMer View Post
JRE he'll tune it based on the mods you have and the octane you use. The main thing is to get the AFM turned off.
This is Correct Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqram35 View Post
Ordered my JRE SCT yesterday.
Thank you for the Order, you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Friend of mine has an L99 (cai+catback) ordered and installed his JRE tune this week and he loves it.

Doubt you would be disappointed with a JRE tune.
Thank you for the Support.

Having tunes in almost 1200 Gen5 Camaros World Wide, the experience that goes into Every JRE tune is Priceless.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Gillespiers

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Curious...
1. does getting "a Tune" negate warranty?
2. How do you turn off the AFM?
Gillespiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillespiers View Post
Curious...
1. does getting "a Tune" negate warranty?
2. How do you turn off the AFM?
Not totally but in the event of an engine or drivetrain failure this is GMs get out of jail card.

Through a Custom Tune, this is standard in all of my tunes.

Ted.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
You have Howard from redline motorsports right by you.
The question shouldnt be what kind of tune you should get, but ask your calibrator about his strategies.

It's easy to cut and paste tunes and make the car run better, but have the car real time tuned with wideband attached is the most effect way to have your vehicle perform its best.

Otherwise your just guessing it your AFRs
l

On your website you say you copy and paste tunes:

EMAIL ORDER TUNES
$150.00

"If you own or have access to HP Tuners software, you can Email your stock ‘BIN’ file to Tampa Tuning where it will be reviewed and properly enhanced for a “Email order” tune. Your tune will be enhanced by using HP Tuner tables from our library of modified configurations which have a very similar set up as your make and model vehicle."

This is copy and pasted from your site.

OP, a mail order tune would be fine from anyone with experience tuning these cars. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I would be more focused in choosing a vendor with great customer service, great reviews, and integrity.

Gd luck!!

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 09-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
I have the JRE tune and I like it. The car drives totally different. Even with TC on, it breaks the tires loose. Rolling at 5 to 10 mph in 1st it spins the tires and the car will start to get loose. The car is very fun to drive now. The only thing I am still going to do is data log and send to Ted, just to verify that everything is okay, and ask him to make any fine tuning if needed.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
I have the JRE tune and I like it. The car drives totally different. Even with TC on, it breaks the tires loose. Rolling at 5 to 10 mph in 1st it spins the tires and the car will start to get loose. The car is very fun to drive now. The only thing I am still going to do is data log and send to Ted, just to verify that everything is okay, and ask him to make any fine tuning if needed.
Thank you for chiming in I appreciate the support and Customer Feedback.

Ted.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
On your website you say you copy and paste tunes:

EMAIL ORDER TUNES
$150.00

"If you own or have access to HP Tuners software, you can Email your stock ‘BIN’ file to Tampa Tuning where it will be reviewed and properly enhanced for a “Email order” tune. Your tune will be enhanced by using HP Tuner tables from our library of modified configurations which have a very similar set up as your make and model vehicle."

This is copy and pasted from your site.

OP, a mail order tune would be fine from anyone with experience tuning these cars. Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I would be more focused in choosing a vendor with great customer service, great reviews, and integrity.

Gd luck!!

Thanks for checking our our website. We love all the hits , but where does it say that the words paste and cut on there. lol

www.TampaTuning.com

Lets talk mail order tuning which a ton of shops do because we've tuned enough vehicles to develop a library of configurations.

I don’t want to pop your bubble, and your more than welcome to pimp the shop of your choice, but a mail order tune, and I don’t care what platform the shop uses to tune, is a tune scaled from another vehicle's modified tables which is cut and pasted into your vehicle's configuration for a mail order tune. Its really doesnt matter if you mail in the whole hand held unit, the vehicles ECM, or just the bin file. Its copied from one file to another for a mail order tune. You use the same year, make and model vehicle.

You can sugar coated it anyway you want to believe in the tooth fairy, but because of my integrity I tell it how it is.

How do you think a shop came up with the configuration no matter what the platform is used and make it safe enough to upload into a vehicle they have never touched? Guessing? lol I hope not.

Dont be a hater, just understand the industry. If you think a mail order tune is better than actually being plugged into a vehicle with a wideband to capture actual calibration readings, you have been misinformed.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote