Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Supercharge or not to supercharge, that's the question....

First off, AWESOME FORUM!

I just took delivery of my new LS3 Black on black 2SS, and I've been researching superchargers for a few months now (prior to finding this site) and the thing that just blows my mind is companies like SLP & Edelbrock offering 36/100K warranties if installed by the right people. This was never heard of back when I had my fast cars, as any mods the dealer would break your balls about. Now companies like SLP are building them for Chevy!

I've been dealing with the regional manager of SLP the past few weeks and he's been working with me as I put my order together, then a friend suggested I look into the Edelbrock SC also, as they have a warranty too. Obviously the warranty is VERY important to me, especially with a new car and my non-mechanical skills. I'm amazed when I look at some of the mods you guys are doing, I guess you really don't care about the factory warranty on your $40K rides? To me that's a selling point, having the assurance of a warranty.

I would really appreciate everyone's input of mods, the superchargers I mentioned & maintaining factory/aftermarket warranties. I really look forward to becoming an active member of this community, attending meet & greets, shows, and highlighting my build.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kronix
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
welcome!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
SilverSS3108

Drives: 2010 silver SS
Nice to have you join us.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
one thing to note when you buy the warranties that come with the superchargers, they are limited and are very specific as to what types of mods you will be able to do on your car. your not going to gain a hole lot more hp with their stock tunes.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
You void the factory warranty with the s/c
BUT the s/c companys like Edelbrock offer a supplemental warranty that you can purchase. You follow their rules and stipulations and your covered.. by them not GM. You stick to their tune and power levels.
Even they know its a risk putting an s/c on an engine not built for it. Fuel system upgrades and a meth kit help to sway the odds in your favor but it still isnt something I would do with my personal. I would do it properly... GM built their engine for the s/c at 9.1:1 compression for a reason.
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post

I just took delivery of my new LS3 Black on black 2SS, and I've been researching superchargers for a few months now (prior to finding this site) and the thing that just blows my mind is companies like SLP & Edelbrock offering 36/100K warranties if installed by the right people. This was never heard of back when I had my fast cars, as any mods the dealer would break your balls about. Now companies like SLP are building them for Chevy!

I've been dealing with the regional manager of SLP the past few weeks and he's been working with me as I put my order together, then a friend suggested I look into the Edelbrock SC also, as they have a warranty too. Obviously the warranty is VERY important to me, especially with a new car and my non-mechanical skills. I'm amazed when I look at some of the mods you guys are doing, I guess you really don't care about the factory warranty on your $40K rides? To me that's a selling point, having the assurance of a warranty.

I would really appreciate everyone's input of mods, the superchargers I mentioned & maintaining factory/aftermarket warranties. I really look forward to becoming an active member of this community, attending meet & greets, shows, and highlighting my build.

Kronix
Congrats, and Amazing car with Amazing Potential.

Your in Cali so you also have to be concerned about Carb Certification, Both Magnacharger and Edelbrock are 50 State Carb Certified.

You can expect about 100-130 RWHP gain over stock and OEM Quality components from Either Comapany.

You should Contact Magnacharger and Edelbrock to find a Local Dealer to install for you and certify your aftermarket drivetrain warranty.

I am a Dealer for Both and can supply you with Either if you choose to install your self.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
KeeBee

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS, 70 1/2 SS Camaro
Either way you go you are going to end up spending close to 10K to S/C your car. Supercharger, exhaust, headers, cam, tune and labor to install unless you do it all yourself.

You won't stop at just adding the supercharger. Basically what I am trying to say is if you are going to sink 10K of mods for starters into the car you have the money to fix it if it breaks. Some dealers won't touch a car that has been modified.
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post

Kronix
Selling point? Why would I ever sell my baby? LOL!

Warranties are nice, but you can't really make big power and still have a warranty unless you just pay a ridiculous amount. Racing is breaking. If you're not breaking parts, you're not going fast enough.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote