Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6 RRM NPP Exhaust
Silver Bullet Build Journal

Hello,

My name is Jeffrey Ertter and I got my Camaro on April, 20, 2011. She was a graduation gift from my parents. I will try and keep this as short as I can. The reason my parents decided to get me a Camaro was because my dad's first car was a 1978 RS Camaro, so he wanted my first car to be a Camaro. I have always been a hard working kid in school and baseball. (Thanks to my parents) My parents said I deserved it and I thank them everyday for blessing me with such a gift.

The day I got her my parents and family decided to play a joke on me. They called me ,while I was at home awaiting there arrival from the dealership, and told me the financing had fallen through on the Camaro. The only thing that they were able to get me was a Chevy Aveo. I told them that was perfectly fine because I felt like no matter what I got it was a brand new car. Not many kids are as blessed as I am getting a new car. THEY WERE WRONG! When I saw my dad pulling up in the Camaro I lost it. I was speechless and words can not describe how overwhelmed I was feeling at that moment. This is a car that will always stay with me and I will pass down to my future kids. This car means the world to me, and there isn't a day that goes by that I get in her and I don't believe that it is MINE!!!

Now there is a story behind why I named my Camaro "Silver Bullet." My grandfather (Mom's dad) has been the one person I have always looked up to and admire. Of course I do look up to my dad and I love him with all my heart as well. My grandfather is a Navy Vietnam veteran (Retired) and is very active with various veterans organizations. Growing up I was always by his side in every event they held or took part in. Now the reason I went with the name "Silver Bullet" is because my grandfather always drinks Coors Light when he drinks. Hence the name Silver Bullet. I thank my grandpa for all he has taught me from life lessons to everyday life problems that I may face. I don't know what I would do without my grandpa.

Now to the build. Sorry for the long story, but I figured I would share my story. I own a 2011 SIM 1LT Camaro.

This is the First day I got her. Right off the truck.
My first Mods where the tint on all windows, and the Hockey Stripe. We also got a great deal on some RS Rims and tires. A guy just had bought a SS and upgraded to the 21' Rims. The dealer was nice enough to sell us those. It did help my parents have always dealt with this Chevy Dealership whenever they buy a car. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find those pics since I moved to North Carolina. If I do find them I will come back and edit the build thread.

My next mods where the Black Chevy Emblems and the Black Gill Strips.

In this picture your able to see what the first mods look like on my car.
Now recently I installed Black Camaro Letters (front fenders) to replace the factory letters. I also installed a 1LT Emblem on my trunk.

Now I have plenty of future mods in store and will keep you updated with my build. Right now it is kinda hard to get all the stuff I want done on a college students budget. I am currently a Sophomore at North Carolina A&T State University. I thank you for your time and reading my story. I am very happy to be apart of the Camaro5 family and the Camaro family in general.

Thank you

Interior Mods

Window Tint
Oracle LED Dome and Trunk Lights (Amber)
Custom Camaro Floor Mats
Red LED Footwell Lighting
2 10in JL Audio Subwoofers+ JL Audio Amp
Trunk Cargo Net

Exterior Mods

20in OEM Rims with BF Goodrich Sport Comp2's
Matte Black Rally and Hockey Stripes
Plasti-dipped taillight bezels and Gas Tank Cover
Black Gill Inserts
Emblem Pro's 1LT Badge for Trunk
OEM Rear Spoiler
RPI Trunk Black-out Kit
Bumper Plugs (A MUST!!!)
Black Chevy Bowtie's (Front and Back)
Defenderworx Matte Black Camaro letters (Side Fenders)
Camaro5 Decal (Red Bowtie) Driver side rear window
Camaro decal for the front windshield (Silver)
Painted Brake Calipers (Chevy Orange-Red)

Engine

Painted Engine Cover (Silver)
Painted Fuse Box (Silver)
Painted Dip Stick (Silver)

Future Mods

GM Heritage Grille (SIM) without Bowtie
Angel Eye Halos
Matte Black Powder Coated Rims
Red Caliper Covers
Oracle LED Side Markers
After burner Rear Tailights
ZL1 Bumper Conversion (Iffy) if not Matte Black ACS Front Splitter
Matte Black ZL1 side rockers
Matter Black Havoc Rear Diffusor
Black CAI intake
Some Engine lighting
Sinister Fiberglass Hood
Eventually IPF Supercharger (All necessary engine work)

I have others but can't think of them right now haha Slowly but surely I will get to where I want to be.

Last edited by Ertter11 (Silver Bullet); 10-05-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Great story and congrats on the car, cant wait to see what you have planned
Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Thanks! I have quite a bit haha I guess you can say I've caught the Mod bug. My next mods are gonna be the GM rear spoiler and to powder coat my rims black. Can't wait!

I also plan on getting a roto-fab CAI, MRT V2 exhaust, American Racing Long Tube Headers along with a tune of course, and put some halos on. I'm sure there will be more to come as I keep finding new things.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertter11 (Silver Bullet) View Post
Thanks! I have quite a bit haha I guess you can say I've caught the Mod bug. My next mods are gonna be the GM rear spoiler and to powder coat my rims black. Can't wait!

I also plan on getting a roto-fab CAI, MRT V2 exhaust, American Racing Long Tube Headers along with a tune of course, and put some halos on. I'm sure there will be more to come as I keep finding new things.
Sounds good!! Mod bug for sure

Last edited by Vengeance Graphix; 01-01-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Haha definetly. Thanks to 5th Gens of the Carolinas and Camaro5. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Finally got my Black-out Kit from Phastek Performance. I also went ahead and plasti dipped my rear tail light bezels. Now next is getting my fin and the rear trunk blackout kit.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
Bostonfan

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro
Nice mods I have a 2010 silver camaro and im always searching for other camaro owners that own a silver one. I rarely see silver ones. This is a good one good job!
Bostonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
Nice mods I have a 2010 silver camaro and im always searching for other camaro owners that own a silver one. I rarely see silver ones. This is a good one good job!

I agree! Whenever I go to car shows I rarely see a silver Camaro. Even just driving around town. I like it haha Thank you for the compliments.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Looks really good, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned! I got my Camaro in a VERY similar way! It was a graduation gift, and my dad told me that someone else had already purchased it, but he then surprised me with it about a week later
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Looks really good, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned! I got my Camaro in a VERY similar way! It was a graduation gift, and my dad told me that someone else had already purchased it, but he then surprised me with it about a week later

Thats Awesome! Congrats. Definetly the best gift ever
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

I finally got a chance to Plast-dip my rims and paint my brake calipers. I also got a Camaro decal for the top of my windshield. I wanted to see how my rims would look before I went ahead and powder coated them. What do ya'll think? Now I am seriously considering getting them powder coated once I get the money to do so. I love the new look.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Finally got a rear spoiler put on my car. What a difference it makes. Very happy!!! Got a real good deal on it from a buddy of mine. Now I'm not to sure what I want to do next. Haha It's either going to be some interior stuff I've been wanting or getting my Rally and Hockey stripes painted on. (Still in Satin Black) I'll let ya'll know on what I decide.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #13
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Looks really good! I think the Camaro was meant to have a spoiler, it looks so odd to me when it doesn't have one
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
Ertter11 (Silver Bullet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Looks really good! I think the Camaro was meant to have a spoiler, it looks so odd to me when it doesn't have one

I agree with you 100%! My camaro looked naked without it haha.