Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2008, 11:51 PM   #155
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
That is a question that hasn't been answered yet. And I really want to know how that will work.

If you order a crate motor as an GMPP accessory, does that mean you will have two engines? Similar to ordering the CAT Back. I'm assuming you keep the original CAT and pay full price for the new one. So, will the crate motors be the same, or will they allow some sort of Core return so you can disount the price of the crate motor with a credit of some kind if they keep the original? And, what is the list of motors that you can arder for the camaro?
My same thought process. I'm assuming that most of the GMPP LS blocks would fit in that space. And they are listed at the site. I'm talking with a guy next Friday about all of this when i finall get to put my down payment .... down. I'm looking for those three options and then the Interior Package and the RS package. So yeah, I'll see if i can't get something out of them.

OH YEAH! also i got a response from LPE today. They are indeed building kits for the Camaro, said they'd be along the same lines as the C6 kits. so a 650HP Twin Turbo, or a 520 kit. Sooooooo I'll be talking to them when Feb rolls around.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:10 AM   #156
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
My point still stands, 300hp and 3700lbs is nothing to brag about.
I'd beg to differ. VERY much so...but that's not what I want to say.

I just want to ask you (and others) to please try not to put down another Camaro just because it's not good enough for you. Or because "it's not a V8"....

...not to very long ago...anything with 300hp was something to brag about....

We're all here out of for the Camaro...it doesn't matter which one.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #157
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Hmmm...blade spoiler...quite possibly the only aesthetic option I could see myself paying for. Other than ambient lighting of course.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 AM   #158
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I just want to ask you (and others) to please try not to put down another Camaro just because it's notgood enough for you. Or because "it's not a V8"....

Thank you!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #159
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbird777 View Post
For all the people considering the blade spoiler, I believe it is a happy medium. The stock spoiler is ok, the wing is too big, but the blade spoiler looks pretty good. I will have to see it on a production Camaro.
+1 This is the way to go. Stock for V6, Pedestal for the kiddies that play XBOX.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #160
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
BTW, as far as the complaining on this thread about all the accessories....you don't have to purchase them. I think it's great that GM has decided to create all of these options BEFORE the car hits the market. Can you tell me when this has ever been done to such extent before by GM? The more options, the better. Makes the car more customizable by its owner...and isn't that how the original 1st gen was? The only difference is that these accessories are dealer-adds, not factory adds. Thumbs up GM, I love the accessories! I might not like all of them, but I'm glad you are offering them. Hell, I am just glad I will get to order a new Camaro that will be the standard by which all American pony cars will be judged!:flag2:
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #161
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
the blade is gonna look hot that is all there is to say
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 AM   #162
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Quick someone give me some chop sticks for all that rice. Just what we need, a bunch of V6 winged riced out body kitted Camaros roaming the streets.

I think i'll wait a year to feel the scene out before i make a purchase, i wont be associated with this car if thats how its going to be marketed. Leaning towards the new Maxima or GXP.
maxima???? thats still a car??? they have not put that ish to rest yet OMG they really should
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #163
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
KIT is not that bad

for all of you saying that the kit is over done? you need to live near nyc and see some of these cars out here..... am im not trying to be mean but who ever would buy a maxima is deff G.B.'s grandson.......
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #164
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
lets face it there are gonna be 100k per year approximately made. that means some people will rice it out. who cares. for me i like having something that other people dont have or dont see. people having more options to make the car thier own makes your vehicle even more special for being your own.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #165
pverspeek

Drives: 2004 Chevrolet Silverado SS
Send a message via Skype™ to pverspeek
What is HUD?

Accessoiries look great. Except for the spoiler thing. I would go for the ground effect things; but also painted in same black as the car... No two-tone for me.

can't wait to get it overhere in Belgium...

Pascal
2009 BMW K1300GT

Future Car: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Manual
pverspeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #166
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'd beg to differ. VERY much so...but that's not what I want to say.

I just want to ask you (and others) to please try not to put down another Camaro just because it's not good enough for you. Or because "it's not a V8"....

...not to very long ago...anything with 300hp was something to brag about....

We're all here out of for the Camaro...it doesn't matter which one.
I'm not putting it down, I'm simply saying that those stats aren't anything to brag about because they are not that impressive. I didn't say anything remotely close to "the V6 sucks because it doesn't have impressive power" or anything like that. I'm just saying that the power to weight ratio is not something to brag about...I don't see how that is putting down the Camaro...it sucks you took it that way.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #167
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pverspeek View Post
What is HUD?

Accessoiries look great. Except for the spoiler thing. I would go for the ground effect things; but also painted in same black as the car... No two-tone for me.

can't wait to get it overhere in Belgium...

Pascal
A HUD is a heads up display like in a fighter jet. It will show a tach, your speed, blinkers, radio info, etc. reflected in the windshield in front of you.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #168
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
What is the deal with the lighted trim kit? Doesn't look like the cool light bar effect from before. Is it only in those three colors as well? No ice blue/silver?
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote