Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
S9arxx

Drives: Future..
Luck with the private offer

Im trying to buy my new camaro this month. I know that its the 14 and the hit day is usually after the 15. What are the chances of being able to get it?
S9arxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
i have tried many times, but no luck. however i did just get a private offer in the mail.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
S9arxx

Thanks bud, Ive been trying all day today hopefully something pops up. How did you get the private offer in the mail? did it just arrive out of no where.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
batman53201
Account not blocked

it was from ally bank, but when i went to the dealer, they looked up ALL AVAILABLE REBATES on there computer and had the same offer, so what I would do is go to your dealership, and ask the sales manager to look up all the available rebates for you.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
S9arxx

Thanks man for the inside info. I really appreciate it I've been really trying to get down to a reasonable amount. I have the preferred price military discount you think they will allow me to use that too? Maybe the 750 one too.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
batman53201
Account not blocked

basicly, i could go in, and talk down the price where i would get it for the same discount your talking about, if not cheaper, its good to know what they paid for the car. Thats what i did, and offered them $500 on top of that, then took off for all my rebates and incentives. Some incentives will cancel out others, but i know my sales manager, and he spent time by the computer, checking which incentives cancel out others. being prior military, i could use a usaa dicount, but then it cancelled out the other $1000 discount from ally, so i chose ally because the usaa was only for $750

too bad your not in wisconsin, i could save you the hassle and just send you to my dealer, i sent someone else a couple weeks ago, and he bought a camaro a couple days later from there
Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
S9arxx

Yeah I agree I could use some help. So your saying start off with the msrp price and go down from there then use the incentives and stuff, right?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
I always negotiate the price first then bring up incentives I'm eligible for.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
batman53201
Account not blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by S9arxx View Post
Yeah I agree I could use some help. So your saying start off with the msrp price and go down from there then use the incentives and stuff, right?

dont work from the msrp at all, find out what the dealers cost on the car, and then offer them $500 above that. If they dont like the offer, try another dealer, odds are they will stop you as your walking out. Only worry about rebates and incentives AFTER you agree on a price.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
I always negotiate the price first then bring up incentives I'm eligible for.
I agree, negotiate the price first start with "the Dealers Invoice" which basically has two columns. One is their price and the other column is the sticker price. I'd start with $500 BELOW Dealers Invoice, they get a kickback (a percentage number based on the number of sales) and tell them to factor that in the deal. Then once you've agreed on a number bring up the incentives and subtract that from/for your final number. But you're not done yet, ask them if this is it, the best possible deal they're willing to do. They will tell YES of course, and tell them okay then, I'll take these numbers to your competitor and if they can beat it by $300 I'll buy it from them.
Then walk out. Which won't be easy because they'll be crying and stumbling for something to say. Go home wait for their calls, they'll call you and tell you they will match that number.

I don't even go to another dealership, I just tell them this is the price they're giving me, if you can match it we got a deal. I tell them I'd rather buy it from them because the other dealership is further away or I thought the salesman was a real jerk or any nonsense you want to give them. Then for the grand finale, while on the phone with the salesman I work into the conversation something like "wow what do you do work seven days a week" then of course he will tell you when he's off next. That's the day you go and buy the car. Walk in, he's not in (since its his day off) and you go straight to the General Sales Manager. Tell him if the price was $300 or $500, if you have the nads, less you'd sign the dotted line right now. Works every time. Why? The General Manger doesn't give a crap about the nickel and dime stuff the sales guy is trying to make, he makes his money by Moving cars! Sign the papers and get out of Dodge.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I agree, negotiate the price first start with "the Dealers Invoice" which basically has two columns. One is their price and the other column is the sticker price. I'd start with $500 BELOW Dealers Invoice, they get a kickback (a percentage number based on the number of sales) and tell them to factor that in the deal. Then once you've agreed on a number bring up the incentives and subtract that from/for your final number. But you're not done yet, ask them if this is it, the best possible deal they're willing to do. They will tell YES of course, and tell them okay then, I'll take these numbers to your competitor and if they can beat it by $300 I'll buy it from them.
Then walk out. Which won't be easy because they'll be crying and stumbling for something to say. Go home wait for their calls, they'll call you and tell you they will match that number.

I don't even go to another dealership, I just tell them this is the price they're giving me, if you can match it we got a deal. I tell them I'd rather buy it from them because the other dealership is further away or I thought the salesman was a real jerk or any nonsense you want to give them. Then for the grand finale, while on the phone with the salesman I work into the conversation something like "wow what do you do work seven days a week" then of course he will tell you when he's off next. That's the day you go and buy the car. Walk in, he's not in (since its his day off) and you go straight to the General Sales Manager. Tell him if the price was $300 or $500, if you have the nads, less you'd sign the dotted line right now. Works every time. Why? The General Manger doesn't give a crap about the nickel and dime stuff the sales guy is trying to make, he makes his money by Moving cars! Sign the papers and get out of Dodge.
I agree with this. I don't like to waste time or play the game, so I tell them what my offer is and let them take it or leave it. If you come in informed you can score a fair deal.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
S9arxx

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. It's my first time buying and I want to be prepared.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
batman53201
Account not blocked

just dont be afraid to walk away, you can always come back
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
fsrtwo

Drives: 2013 1Lt Conv, Blue
I am waiting for my 13 1LT Conv IBM to be delivered, hopefully this week. I am also trying to use the Private Offer Pop-up, its the 18th, I though it would have worked by now.
fsrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote