Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I just put Granatelli rotors on my 2011 SS RS with Hawk pads. The rear bracket is rubbing on the rotors and making noise while driving and get worse when braking. The front ones are fine. It looks like the rotors might be slightly bigger than stock and causing this. After reading this post I'm wondering what kind of BS I'm going to have to go trough to return these. I did get them through Summit so maybe I will be ok. What a pain in the ass though..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Pics of the wires...??? No, waste of time,,,, When we saw what they were we threw them away and put my factory wires back on... There are tons of pics of the turbo debacle and over 100 witnesses as to how it happened... Lots of it is in my build thread... We did keep the little heat shield socks he uses to disguise the crappy wires... Best part of the whole wire set... They were cut and assemble wires... buy in bulk and cut to fit... then cover them to sell as high dollar wires... I bet I could build the entire set for 25% or less of what he charges for them...
You have the largest build thread in the history of build threads...
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #31
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You have the largest build thread in the history of build threads...
Most of the witness comments are on page 33... Lots of funny reading in addition as well.

Page 33 if your page count is 25 posts per page...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #32
mikeyg36

Quote:
Most of the witness comments are on page 33... Lots of funny reading in addition as well.

Page 33 if your page count is 25 posts per page...
Ok I'll go check it out. I liked Doug's comments about poop
Old 05-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #33
mikeyg36

Wow. He is a piece of shit if he actually said that to a custom.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #34
sweasey

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS RS
At the cost of being the next person banned for sticking up for Granatelli, here it goes. I am 56 and can finally afford the car I always wanted. While I did have a 1969 Z28 in a past life prior to marriage and kids. My 2010 is the first nice car I have had for "me". Meaning not a 4 door to chauffeur my family around.

I researched all my options and in fact did see that SSE 4 2SS started a link about adding Granatelli twin turbos. The fact that Granatelli, Paxton, Whipple, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson are all basically local companies, I sorta had my pick.

I made a trip to Granatelli, Paxton, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson all in the same day as they are only a few miles apart. Far and away Granatelli was the easy choice for me. They make you feel like you are one of their own. I will add that darn near every time I was at Granatelli Joey B and his famous blue bass ass Camaro was there getting more work. So, needless to say I have had several conversations with him. He has always been very complementary to J.R. Granatelli and this is the first time I have heard him say he was not happy and I can tell you his car did not break down every time they worked on it or he would not keep coming back. Its too bad he had to resort to a slam tactic rather then speak with GMS.

My Twin turbo kit and all the suspension came direct from Granatelli and I have been driving it likes it stolen for over a year. I even remember once when Joey B was there I was showing off and bounced my car off a curb and Granatelli in typical fashion bent over backwards to make sure I was OK and help me get my car repaired at no profit to himself. I have been there countless times and seen him do work for Joey B, GMG69, myself and several others for free. Like installing a billet grill in Joey B's car before he left for a car show at a moments notice. He installed my 1G suspension while i waited and let me watch the entire process.

I can't say much more than that but I can say Granatelli has ALWAYS been happy to take my call and happy to help. They offer pick up and delivery and I know they have been to Joey B's house several times at no charge to him.

There was a comment made about parts being made in China - more hearsay. I watch Granatelli and his staff make every suspension part that is on my car right there in house. There are videos out there that show that.

If this gets me banned then so be it but Joey B I think you know Joe would do anything for you if you asked nicely and explained your concerns. In your comment above you say you spun a cam bearing and that when Granatelli worked on your engine the bearings were good. If he installed your camshaft and it eat the bearings there must be a reason. I saw your car make 740rwhp on the dyno with the huge Vortech and Cog drive and then I saw you drive it away like it was stock. It was awesome.

Hope everything works out for you.

adding more:

I re-re-read this thread. Granatelli wires have had so many great things said about them and so many dyno tests from all over the country. They are American made and not cheap crap at indicated by SSE 4 2SS. Sir I know you have tons of pull around here and your voice is well respected. I read your thread and you probably don't recall speaking with me in the parking lot at the motel outside of AZ during CamaroFest. You told me then that you though Granatelli was a stand up guy because he gave you the turbos off his own engine and helped you change them in his trailer in 100-degree weather inside his trailer right there at the event. You told me you were especially impressed because didn't even buy the turbo kit from him. Now you are inferring otherwise. If you recall you talked me out of journal bearing turbos and said that was your mistake - having a big engine set up to race and not just going with ball bearing turbos right out of the box. That is why when I purchased mine I just opted upfront for the biggest baddest turbos Granatelli offered. Did you purchase your turbo kit from Granatelli? Or am I misspoken?

Last edited by sweasey; 05-28-2013 at 09:44 PM.
sweasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #35
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweasey View Post
At the cost of being the next person banned for sticking up for Granatelli, here it goes. I am 56 and can finally afford the car I always wanted. While I did have a 1969 Z28 in a past life prior to marriage and kids. My 2010 is the first nice car I have had for "me". Meaning not a 4 door to chauffeur my family around.

I researched all my options and in fact did see that SSE 4 2SS started a link about adding Granatelli twin turbos. The fact that Granatelli, Paxton, Whipple, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson are all basically local companies, I sorta had my pick.

I made a trip to Granatelli, Paxton, Vortech, Turbonetics and Magnusson all in the same day as they are only a few miles apart. Far and away Granatelli was the easy choice for me. They make you feel like you are one of their own. I will add that darn near every time I was at Granatelli Joey B and his famous blue bass ass Camaro was there getting more work. So, needless to say I have had several conversations with him. He has always been very complementary to J.R. Granatelli and this is the first time I have heard him say he was not happy and I can tell you his car did not break down every time they worked on it or he would not keep coming back. Its too bad he had to resort to a slam tactic rather then speak with GMS.

My Twin turbo kit and all the suspension came direct from Granatelli and I have been driving it likes it stolen for over a year. I even remember once when Joey B was there I was showing off and bounced my car off a curb and Granatelli in typical fashion bent over backwards to make sure I was OK and help me get my car repaired at no profit to himself. I have been there countless times and seen him do work for Joey B, GMG69, myself and several others for free. Like installing a billet grill in Joey B's car before he left for a car show at a moments notice. He installed my 1G suspension while i waited and let me watch the entire process.

I can't say much more than that but I can say Granatelli has ALWAYS been happy to take my call and happy to help. They offer pick up and delivery and I know they have been to Joey B's house several times at no charge to him.

There was a comment made about parts being made in China - more hearsay. I watch Granatelli and his staff make every suspension part that is on my car right there in house. There are videos out there that show that.

If this gets me banned then so be it but Joey B I think you know Joe would do anything for you if you asked nicely and explained your concerns. In your comment above you say you spun a cam bearing and that when Granatelli worked on your engine the bearings were good. If he installed your camshaft and it eat the bearings there must be a reason. I saw your car make 740rwhp on the dyno with the huge Vortech and Cog drive and then I saw you drive it away like it was stock. It was awesome.

Hope everything works out for you.

adding more:

I re-re-read this thread. Granatelli wires have had so many great things said about them and so many dyno tests from all over the country. They are American made and not cheap crap at indicated by SSE 4 2SS. Sir I know you have tons of pull around here and your voice is well respected. I read your thread and you probably don't recall speaking with me in the parking lot at the motel outside of AZ during CamaroFest. You told me then that you though Granatelli was a stand up guy because he gave you the turbos off his own engine and helped you change them in his trailer in 100-degree weather inside his trailer right there at the event. You told me you were especially impressed because didn't even buy the turbo kit from him. Now you are inferring otherwise. If you recall you talked me out of journal bearing turbos and said that was your mistake - having a big engine set up to race and not just going with ball bearing turbos right out of the box. That is why when I purchased mine I just opted upfront for the biggest baddest turbos Granatelli offered. Did you purchase your turbo kit from Granatelli? Or am I misspoken?
Sir,

Posting like this will most assuredly not get you banned. I respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to one.

We all have opinions based on our personal experiences and this is how we base our choices.

I'm glad it has all worked out for you. My experience hasn't been so pleasant. It might have something to do with the fact that I can't drive right down the road and walk into their shop...

I do know that the wires I received were junk.

I was left with no option but to buy two new turbos after having the originals on my car for one week. A good vendor would have apologized and offered up the turbos off the display motor, helped me install them, or do it himself, and I would have happily paid the difference for the upgrade.

I can promise you after the comment he made to my wife, about refusing to take a check, I didn't speak highly of him to anyone... and that occurred the first night I arrived....

I didn't outright trash talk him due to him basically holding hostage 3200 dollars worth of my turbo's that he charged me 3600 for. The only people I talked down about him to were close friends of mine... They were way more pissed at him than I was....

He sent MY turbos back to Precision for repair and upgrade and made damn sure they were mailed back to him, so he retained control of them, and then credited my acct for a sum of money of his choosing...

I already had a buyer for them.

He informed you correctly, my kit was bought directly from TTI, due to repeated calls to GMS that consistently got a cue card voice on the phone that couldn't answer questions for my builder, an engineer... So, I got ahold of George at TTI and got the two of them on the phone together... TTI set my builder up as a preferred vendor installer and my builder bought the kit. My builder will no longer work with anything associated with GMS...

I hear this pissed JR off.. I'm sorry but that's between them.... I guess JR was pissed that he didn't get his profit margin... That's between he and George, and should never affect the customer.... This should never even be known by the customer... Keep your dirty laundry at home....

JR was pleased to tell me at the Fest in Phoenix that he had sold 85 of these kits, witnessed statement by many, and that of all of them, I was the only one talking about the kit... WHY... and why screw the best word of mouth he had going.... That just doesn't make sense to me...

JR knew way ahead of time through discussion on the boards that I was going with a 427 CI motor, yet he never mentioned that the turbos with the kit were going to be too small... He seems to be full of facts and so analytical yet he never picked up on this... I certainly wasn't aware of it being a problem at the time...

I have to ask, if you had turbo installed for one week and they crapped the bed, would you want to have to go in an buy two new turbos or drag your car 1000 miles home... How it I had to pay 3600 dollars for two turbos that JR told me retailed for 1600... and he paid substantially less than that for them... I have a price sheet directly from Precision.

This is my opinion, and like you, I am entitled to it based on the way I was treated...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #36
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Funny you mention that, when JR pulled and upgraded my engine, not once did he mention I was also going to have to upgrade to a NEW Super Charger another $4,700. that I had NO IDEA i had to spend to get my car to preform the way he promised. Guess thats his M.O. Like I said before scum bag !!
Why did you need a new supercharger?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Why did you need a new supercharger?
That might be a question for JR.... He may have seen someone like me, uneducated at that time... and saw dollar signs

I certainly didn't know much about turbos when I started this.... and was looking for guidance... JR had a great line of BS... but no follow up or stayin power... He was off to greener pastures to screw...

Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #38
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
That might be a question for JR.... He may have seen someone like me, uneducated at that time... and saw dollar signs

I certainly didn't know much about turbos when I started this.... and was looking for guidance... JR had a great line of BS... but no follow up or stayin power... He was off to greener pastures to screw...
I've never heard of a blower just going bad. Seems like a bunch of vendors have chosen poor practices lately. I'm thankful I'm Teds neighbor. His honesty is priceless.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #39
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

You still pay $600 for dyno tuning? After everything you've bought from him? Craziness. I hope you get this taken care of.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #40
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You still pay $600 for dyno tuning? After everything you've bought from him? Craziness. I hope you get this taken care of.
Agreed....

Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #41
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

This was never an option for me...

Let me know about the trade in or if you want it back

Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #42
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Just in case anyone felt like sharing their experience - here's a link to Granatelli's BBB page: http://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/bus...d-ca-92000345/

Yeaaa - their rating is a little too high in my opinion.

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks