Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Exclamation HOW TO: Removing Hard Water Spots

Here's the "procedure" for removing stubborn water spots on vehicles - SEE ATTACHED .doc

Attached Files
File Type: doc How to Eliminate Water Spots.doc (41.0 KB, 3262 views)
Old 08-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Thanks Scotty as usual you are the man! Hope this works, I have a doozy on my chrome door sill, that I can't budge. May have to buff if this doesn't work.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Thanks, anything that helps keep our cars looking great is appreciated.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
I find using a good quick detail spray after a wash works wonders on water spots. And the quick detail does not deteriorate the wax
Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Good stuff! On to make a spray bottle solution! :-)
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Way to steal my thunder Scotty!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Thanks! Yesterday...wife took G8 too work...and someone had hosed down the WHOLE car and let it wet in the sun to bake...I spent 1hr in cold temperature washing the car and taking off most of the hard spots...but not all were removed...this will help!

My WHOLE car looked like this...

Old 10-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Wow! That bites!! After my 1st application of Zaino, 3 coats, my car entire driver's side got wet by sprinklers. I couldn't wash the car for 3 days! It sat in the sun for much of that. First wash all the spots came right off - except for the GFX which had been installed AFTER the Zaino application. Those spots were a bear to remove!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Good info! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Hi Noon

Drives: Camaro 2010
In my area, DIY car wash stations have a capability to spray the car with water that has been cleaned of contaminants using some osmosis process.

So after I wash the car I just drive 2 miles to the nearest car wash station, pop a coin in the machine and spray it with that water. Not a single water spot left after that.
The good news is that when my car accidentally gets sprinkled by garden sprinklers for instance, same treatment applies and no need to wash or wax the car again.

The osmosis process involves getting regular water into some kind of filter that removes all minerals etc in the water.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
Rick2010
Chevrolet's & NY Yankees!

Drives: ALL CHEVROLET'S
Thanks Scotty....noticed water spots under the front valance...most likely from the factory water test......could not get them out. Read your article tonight and went to my garage and did your magic act and THEY ARE GONE!!!!!!! THANK YOU

AND QUICK DETAIL DID NOT WORK!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
good info, thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
SHACKMAN

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT R/S
Talking Mr Clean

I have very hard water were I live. I went to Walmart and bought the Mr. Clean wash kit. $15.00 and has a replaceable filter. It works great. I washed the car the other day and used the mist option after I rinsed the whole car. Let it dry, and not a single water spot. I was very impressed.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Removing water spots

Thank you CAMAROSCOTTY for the info. Did not realize that I could use vinegar on the car but now I do. I use the same method for my dishes in the dishwasher. Pour one cup of distilled white vinegar in at the beginning and they come out sparkling. Nothing like a "BEER CLEAN GLASS"

Closed Thread