Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #29
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
I feel your pain...took my car to get leak in coolant serviced because when they DID refill the coolant they overflowed it which led to the coolant tank connection coming loose as a fail safe. (I guess this happens when when you put too much coolant in)...took me three attemps at dealer before they figured out....their mistake....sigh...
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #30
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
As stated multiple times the dealer does not check the diff fluid. No. 2. Also as stated if there is not a leak the fluid doesn't burn up, evaporate or disappear.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't check it correctly or you don't know what the correct level is. Either that or you have no sense of smell as diff fluid smells like hell and you would know if it was leaking as if would get onto the exhaust and stink something awful.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #31
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
I am wrestling with this right now. I have 4 oil changes that came with the car when it was purchased new in February. I'd like to use them but don't trust the dealer one iota.

It's probably worth the $40 to have it changed by someone I trust vs. stressing over what the dealer might do to it.
the v6 cars timing chain issues seem to be linked to the crap dextos oil.
run a full synthectic like scheaffers or mobil1. i cringe everytime i have to take my car to a dealer out here. they all blow except one and they are just meh.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #32
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Not happy with Chevy dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCamaro20 View Post
I don't agree. They are suppose to inspect the vehicle. That's why people go to dealerships vs another spot

And here I thinking people only went to the dealership for the free bagel and cream cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #33
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
I am wrestling with this right now. I have 4 oil changes that came with the car when it was purchased new in February. I'd like to use them but don't trust the dealer one iota.

It's probably worth the $40 to have it changed by someone I trust vs. stressing over what the dealer might do to it.

If you plan to keep the car awhile, do the service yourself. The "free" dealer oil changes aren't worth the price.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #34
MoCamaro20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS L99
It's most deff leaking not fast but it's been leaking
MoCamaro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #35
MoCamaro20

Yeah

Didn't know till I heard the noise and checked and I seen residue
Old 04-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #36
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the guy that does the oil changes is the guy would sweeps the floor. My brothers gets free oil changes with his 09 Tahoe. idiot disconnected the intake and never hooked it back up. my brothers truck runs like shit now. Cleaned the MAF, TB and left the battery disconnected over night. No change still idles real rough.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #37
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Every single one of the six Chevy dealerships I have taken my car to in Houston has damaged my car, _every_single_one_ From $100 door scratches to destroying my front facia.

I now take it to FORD, they (Gullo Ford) know how to treat customers and their cars.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #38
MoCamaro20

Update on Chevy dealership Diff warranty

You guys are going you laugh at this. They don't want to warranty my rear diff because I have z28 wheels and exhaust done to my car.... I've never heard something so stupid
Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #39
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
If you plan to keep the car awhile, do the service yourself. The "free" dealer oil changes aren't worth the price.
They are more than worth the price. Our dealer does a fine job with the oil changes and does an inspection to match. I hate that many of you have sub-par dealers, but the service packages are generally good at any dealer. If you don't like where like where you bought the car, take it to another, better dealer for the service. I have done my own oil changes and have had dealers / oil change places do the work, and have gotten 200K or better and about 10 years of trouble free life out of the last 3 vehicles my wife and I have driven.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #40
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCamaro20 View Post
It's most deff leaking not fast but it's been leaking
As others have noted, if it is not written that they would inspect that specific part or you specifically asked for it to be checked, then it would not have been.

This would be the same for the quick lube shops, Bubbas garage around the corner & mfg dealerships.

Is it leaking around the driveshaft or out on the axle ends?
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #41
MoCamaro20

They don't want to warranty it because I have z28 wheels and exhaust

So
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #42
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Sounds like you need a new dealer . . .

BUT . . . different wheels . . "could" give an out since the tire size "could" be different than "stock" and cause a different load on the differential . .

I say could . . really shouldn't but most stealers will always look for a way out of helping.
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro5