Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
Qdog

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
LOUD trunk rattle!!

Finally got my 2 12" Kicker L7's hooked up today. I go to play them and they hit just like i knew they could, but i couldnt even bare to listen to them because of this super loud trunk rattle. It is caused by the back of my trunk lid vibrating on the rear glass. What can i do to fix the problem?
Qdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Trunk self where 6x9 speakers sit. I took my panels off and covered them with dynamat. No more rattle. Also where the rear plastic speaker shelf meets the NEX plastic panels, put some whether stripping foam under that. Should get rid of 75% rattle. Next thing you need to do is wrap a cloth around both rear seatbelt coils (where the self belt is wound up in ) to suppress the rattling from that.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
Finally got my 2 12" Kicker L7's hooked up today. I go to play them and they hit just like i knew they could, but i couldnt even bare to listen to them because of this super loud trunk rattle. It is caused by the back of my trunk lid vibrating on the rear glass. What can i do to fix the problem?
If you are sure that the rattling is coming from that location (I had rattle there as well), then place a long piece of weather stripping alone the lower edge of the trunk lid (when the lid is open, the lower edge should be where the lid meets the plastic rain guard). I think you can see the piece I have in the picture below between the 2 arrows. I used 1" weather stripping that I purchased at Lowe's. The stripping gets sandwiched between the lid and plastic when the lid is closed.

Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
DARKRIDER you're a genius! Doing this now!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #5
Qdog

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
So i tried to do the whole weather stripping thing multiple times, but yet it is not fixing the problem, the back of the trunk lid is still flexing really hard and making to much racket! Any other suggestions?
Qdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #6
Harrisonda09

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
If anyone has a rattle from the interior plastic cover (that covers up the 6x9 speakers. Take it out and install carpet padding between the metal sub-frame and the plastic cover. Just cut out holes for the speakers. This works miracles.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Been having same issue lately and havnt found a solution yet. Good,luck and hope you do
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:27 AM   #8
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
So i tried to do the whole weather stripping thing multiple times, but yet it is not fixing the problem, the back of the trunk lid is still flexing really hard and making to much racket! Any other suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Been having same issue lately and havnt found a solution yet. Good,luck and hope you do
Did you pull the trunk lid liner off and install Dynamat. I installed Dynamat and Dynaliner foam and I don't get the rattle using a JL 12W7 with 1000 watts.

Not flaming, just asking.