Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
Shakeandbake

Drives: 2014 Black ZL1
Hissing noise at higher rpms.

Like the title says, I've back tracked my way through most of the posts and i haven't really found anything that quiet describes wtf is going on.
I bit the bullet on friday and dropped a couple grand on borla atak cutback exhaust, CA inductions intake and pfadt drop springs and before i go to work this weekend putting um on i figured i would put this out there.
Ive noticed when the radio is off and i have the windows up that I hear a slight, what i would describe as a spinning voice coming from either behind the radio or under it. As I rev it up a little i start to hear it more noticeably. has anything else experienced this? also, I've noticed that i get feedback or disturbance from the speakers (mainly the front right one) when i gun it. Neither issue really pisses me off but they do irritate me. Im wondering if the spinning/hissing noise is just something from the Manual transmission. I intend on test driving another 2011SS to see if I hear them in it aswell.
Shakeandbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I would think that your current plan of action is a good one. Let your dealer know that you're having issues with your vehicle as well and see if they might have any information on the situation for you. Let us know how things go for you. I hope this is a simple resolution for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Dan2510

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS IBM
I'm having a similar issue with my car. Its completely stock actually brand new. When I hook my droid up to the AUX port for music and turn my headlights on (turning knob all the way to right) I get a distortion hissing sound from all my speakers. Once I turn my lights to "automatic", all that distortion goes away.
Dan2510 is offline   Reply With Quote