Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #309
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
well i guess i dont have to worry about trade in, that back end us u-u-ugly
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #310
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I just fell head over heals in love with the 2010-2013 Camaro's and I'm loving the refreshed 2014 Camaro's also. I share the same conflicted admiration and love for all of the 5th gen Camaro's just as I do for the 1967, '68, and '69 Camaro's, they all have things that I love and there somethings, not so much. But I still love me some Camaro's, they just speak to my soul like no other car has before or since I first laid my eyes on one many decades ago.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #311
Obsession13

Drives: 2010 SS/RS & 2013 RS
Still on the fence about the 2014.......
Obsession13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #312
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Im liking the redo more and more. I never ripped on it because I always allow new designs to see if they grow on me from month to month.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #313
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Im liking the redo more and more. I never ripped on it because I always allow new designs to see if they grow on me from month to month.
Not me. But I'm not gonna bash it anymore. I may not like certain aspects of it but it is still a Camaro.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #314
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
I see the "new" front design as a very nice evolution, paying homage to the "old" 5th gen Camaro front end. The '14 front fascia seems a little more aggressive and a little more dynamic, a very good refresh of an already good design.

Although I like both the '13 and the '14 rear ends, it is not an evolutionary design progression. It's more like a drastic change that alienates a very good design rather than improving upon it. If Chevy could have somehow incorporated the "old" four semi-circular tail light design elements into the "new" rear end, it would have a refresh homerun on it's hands.

I like the refresh, but it could have been better.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #315
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
IMO I think the new rear looks better. I like the refresh better overall. The out going looks dated. But that's just me!
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #316
jay_beltran805

Drives: Tahoe, Chrysler 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowndog420 View Post
IMO I think the new rear looks better. I like the refresh better overall. The out going looks dated. But that's just me!
Im with you
jay_beltran805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #317
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Honestly the only thing I don't like about the updated cars is the rear diffuser. I think if it was body color it would look better. But other than that, I like the update as whole. I still like the look of the current car more just because its what I'm used to seeing, but I'm looking forward to seeing them on the road and at dealers. And definitely like the look of the ZL1 with the new rear. Great combo IMO (and I know I'm really in the minority with these opinions lol)
Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #318
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Really like the way the 14 looks. But imho a camaro needs stipes, can't wait to see all color + stripe options

Added a quick photoshopwork to the attached files, how can anybody dislike that front?
Super
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #319
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
I think the opinions will lean more toward the positive side once people are able to put their personal touches on the refreshed model. Rims/stripes/side skirts, etc..Mods will make a big difference.

Some stock cars look really nice but most of us know that once we mod our cars' appearance that's what will catch people's attention; especially other Camaro owners. The refresh will be a HIT. Folks please stop being disrespectful to the Chevrolet team...they're the same people who designed the cars that you own or want to own. They've put in a lot of hard work/time away from family's/etc...just so we could have the opportunity to even have a car like this.

I compare those of you who are "publicly bashing" the redesign to those who are disrespectful to their parents (publicly/privately). We all know who those individuals are and most of us are embarassed for them when we see it happening. You don't disrespect those who have given you so much and ask for little in return. If you don't have anything nice to say....don't say it here publicly. Be courteous and thankful to those who have helped you turn heads as a result of driving your Camaro.

This is my daily driver when I'm not riding my Mountain Bike. Superchip tuned/raised speed limiter/shift points/torq mgt/etc......24s and a set of 20s/Extreme badlands with the Cooper nobbie jobs for inclimate weather conditions

Now I just need my muscle car to go along with my muscle truck; it's on!
Attached Images

Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #320
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I don't see how a thinner grill and new tail lights can make the current Camaro look "dated." But, that's just me... It looks different... But I wouldn't use the word dated. The car is almost entirely the same.
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #321
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Still liking the current style better. The new upper grill and tail lights still just dont look right to me. Im sure it will look better in person though.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #322
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
This isn't bad, but it's certainly not better than the 2010-2013. If this is what the Camaro looked like in 2010, I'm sure we'd all love it, but since the 2010-2013 styling existed, I can understand why people are frustrated. 2014 may be a wind tunnel improvement, but it sure isn't a styling improvement.

The question remains: what people and/or what sales/performance data demanded that 2014 receive a refresh? This whole thing came out of nowhere for the vast majority of us. The Z/28 is a bittersweet addition, but it will be priced out of reach for the common man.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote