Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Solo J-Pipes with MRT V2

Is it possible to install these on the stock pipes with the MRT V2 axle-back?
If so, would it eliminate the drone at 80-82 mph? (@2000-2200 RPM)?

There is hardly any drone in city at 65-70 mph, but the drone on the highway is insane at 82 mph.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Is it possible to install these on the stock pipes with the MRT V2 axle-back?
If so, would it eliminate the drone at 80-82 mph? (@2000-2200 RPM)?

There is hardly any drone in city at 65-70 mph, but the drone on the highway is insane at 82 mph.
A good muffler shop should have no problems setting this up for you.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yep them J-pipes are the real deal. I'd call SOLO and talk to them about your exhaust. It may be a little tight back there with your V2 mufflers and the J-pipes.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
I guess that this is a Camaro V6 habit anyway. The 1500-2000 RPM is drone and we all agreed on the dead spot concept where the throttle response becomes really low here.

I have the Magna Flow Catback with the best resonator in the market and yet I hear it and feel it too!

Im just waiting for the Vmax TB, so I can at least not feel it !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
This is what I mean.
I think if you had the V1's you would have very little difficulty as they are similar in size to the SOLO resonators. The V2's are much bigger so getting them to fit would be a bigger challenge. Like I said call SOLO and talk to them. They have fabulous support.

So you V1 ppl who are loving your exhaust sound but not your drone, this mod is for you.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Darkone

Sent Solo an email about this possible mod. The drone is really bad at high speeds. I would put the stock ones back on, but then I picture those massive garbage boxes in my mind and decide not to.

I would recommend anyone who does a lot of highway driving (without listening to music) to NOT get these, and go for the SOLO catback which apparently has no drone.

Suspension: Pedders full cradle bushings & radius rod inserts, BMR swaybars & endlinks, LSR trailing arms, Pfadt endlink brace
Old 09-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
vcamarorosinski

Drives: 2010 synergy green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Sent Solo an email about this possible mod. The drone is really bad at high speeds. I would put the stock ones back on, but then I picture those massive garbage boxes in my mind and decide not to.

I would recommend anyone who does a lot of highway driving (without listening to music) to NOT get these, and go for the SOLO catback which apparently has no drone.
I agree. Had to get rid of my MRT2.0. TOOOOOOOO much drone.
vcamarorosinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
Darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcamarorosinski View Post
I agree. Had to get rid of my MRT2.0. TOOOOOOOO much drone.
I just chose to stay with the lesser evil - the MRT V2

I can only hope now that the drone somehow magically dissapears

Suspension: Pedders full cradle bushings & radius rod inserts, BMR swaybars & endlinks, LSR trailing arms, Pfadt endlink brace
Old 09-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
GO Solo ! You won't get the drone !
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Darkone, let me know how SOLO responds to your email. I too have contacted solo about their J-pipes and I'm curious to see what they tell you.

What confuses me, is that they have to be so long. Guys with the SS are running much shorter J pipes with great results, and my understanding of J-pipe technology is that the lower in the RPM range your drone is, the longer the J-pipes need to be. Well, most SS drone ive read about is in the 1,800 range, and many of them are going with 28" J pipes, but these on the V6 are wayyyy longer.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
or just get corsa and don't worry about any of this crap.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
lol Poorman your right...Corsa is very nice, but I don't have half that amount of money stuck in my custom magnaflow exhaust, and currently it is very little drone.

In my case, I'm only learning more about the J pipes now because eventually I'm either going to open up my exhaust a bit more for more volume, or add LTs and so if I get more drone I want to find a good way to kill it.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
Darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
or just get corsa and don't worry about any of this crap.
I may have been able to afford this setup eventually, but then the shipping costs to my country for something so big and heavy would render my wallet paperless. Not a pretty sight that.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Solo's MACH X LLT with J PIPES and droneless because of their engeneering. The J PIPES ars long and it's because like a trombone, it has to have all the lenght to do the job.

IMO I don't think you can fit the J PIPES if you have anykind of mufflers.

Solo is my best investment so far, after EOM Splash Guards....