Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I got the very first one when Adam announced the product to C5, back in the Springtime. I (and others) have performed extensive test scenarios and the device works beautifully. I did have my battery go down one time when I was out of town for 8 days and my car was not started. Apparently there is a miniscule drain on the battery. Since then, if I'm not driving it for a few days I just unplug it. No problems since. It's a great product!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #16
frank1557
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I got the very first one when Adam announced the product to C5, back in the Springtime. I (and others) have performed extensive test scenarios and the device works beautifully. I did have my battery go down one time when I was out of town for 8 days and my car was not started. Apparently there is a miniscule drain on the battery. Since then, if I'm not driving it for a few days I just unplug it. No problems since. It's a great product!
Absolutely no way traceable from dealer?
frank1557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1557 View Post
Yep! nyrfan if im not mistaken tested this and took it to his dealer. Please search
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Poor guys, couldnt GM find a better solution than putting AFM in a sports muscle car that kills the ride and harm the pocket as well.

No one one would buy a 6.2L car to save fuel for god sake .

It killed the L99 engine and made it a joke of the market

I hope that they remove it next year or put auto trans on LS3 engine like the SS, and discontinue L99.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Yep! nyrfan if im not mistaken tested this and took it to his dealer. Please search
Yes it was me. I decided to get a tune so I had nothing to lose by taking the chance of them reading it. When the dealer scanned my ECM, no trace of the unit or codes came up.

This is a great product, and highly recommend for those not wanting a tune. The positives of this unit well outweigh the minor flaws (more like inconveniences). Each mile you don't drive with it, is another mile you are not fully enjoying your L99!

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-15-2013 at 07:06 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1557 View Post
As I understand, that is correct. I have not tried it personally but others here have with no issues.

One would, of course, want to make sure the device is removed from the OBD plug-in before turning your car over to a dealer for service.

OnStar cannot provide complete monthly diagnostics reports with the device plugged in. If you use that service you'll want to be sure to unplug the device during the period when they do the readings (I think the timeframe varies between accounts).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:

OnStar cannot provide complete monthly diagnostics reports with the device plugged in. If you use that service you'll want to be sure to unplug the device during the period when they do the readings (I think the timeframe varies between accounts).
Or just tell on star not to ping your car for diagnostics..one call and it's done.....I just told them I did just did not want the email traffic.
And as far as mpg, it's a bit better..at least in my test on the interstate

Last edited by Glen e; 08-15-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
As I understand, that is correct. I have not tried it personally but others here have with no issues.

One would, of course, want to make sure the device is removed from the OBD plug-in before turning your car over to a dealer for service.

OnStar is really not a problem. You can always say you have/had a datalogger or insurance device plugged in at the time of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Or just tell on star not to ping your car for diagnostics..one call and it's done.....I just told them I did just did not want the email traffic.
And as far as mpg, it's better..at least in my test on the interstate
IMO, and this is just my opinion. I don't think the range makes any difference at all, in fact your test pretty much confirms it. With the results being so close, the small impact was probably air temp, humidity, wind, etc. I would not buy this product with the intention is will help MPG, the good news is all results show it does not hurt it one bit.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Have had one on our Suburban for months. Oil use has stopped and happy with it. Issues are as mentioned Onstar monthly checks are blocked and leaving the key on for radio caused shifting issues for us (fixed by cycling engine on/off or uplugging). Fuel economy per DIC is .5 mpg better. We don't have the battery issues, but ours is first gen.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #24
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:

How do you find out when the period to remove? Would like to know where/how so I can check my acct.
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #25
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
If you get a CEL or anything odd, Unplug it and plug it back in. Presto!!! all fixed. been using ranged for 9 months
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #26
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Range V8 for L99

Ya I don't get errors, just wanted to see when the onstar reports does it's analysis, to avoid this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #27
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Range V8 for L99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Ya I don't get errors, just wanted to see when the onstar reports does it's analysis, to avoid this:

The only way to avoid Onstar errors is to uninstall it when it runs, otherwise with will come back with errors/faults.

It's really not a big deal as you can say you had a data logger or insurance device plugged in.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 04-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #28
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post

In my opinion, the best way to avoid this happening is to tell OnStar to kiss-off. That's what I did.