Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #29
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I spoke to the folks over at Chevrolet of Bellevue (Washington) and they told me that the Camaro would likely be MSRP, not over or under. They are not doing a waiting list at the moment, but when they do it will be $500 - $1000 deposit (non-refundable, I believe) that would go towards the cost of the car.

As TG and others are planning, I have two friends from Alaska coming down to buy theirs as well. We may get another good-sized group together in Western Washington and see if we can't work something out. This is the only Chevy dealer that I've spoken with as of yet, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to find the best one before we buy.

The dealership has recently moved to new owners, so I'm not sure of the name, but the number and address are correct:

Chevrolet Hummer of Bellevue
430 116th AVE NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
PH: 425-545-8931
FAX: 425-709-3355
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
And the first west coast dealer has been named. I'm glad WA has one. Now I just have to find one a bit south in CA.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #31
Pencil.Fight

Before we start getting too far ahead of ourselves... has anyone actually ever heard of a dealership giving discounts based on quantity? I mean, other than fleet discounts for a business.

I think we'd have to find a dealership that was silly enough to believe they wouldn't be able to sell all of their Camaros without help from us.

I'll call my dealership this afternoon and see how silly they are.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #32
Kimosen
Insider Informant

Drives: 2003 Sunfire
You're going to have trouble finding a dealership that is actually going to HAVE multiple units to sell (that aren't spoken for). For example, we're a platinum status dealership, and we have <B>two</B> 2008 Malibu allocations for the first shipment.

I'm not saying you won't be able to get volume discounts, I'm just saying you're not going to find a dealership where you can get 10 Camaros as soon as they come out.
Kimosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #33
Pencil.Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosen View Post
You're going to have trouble finding a dealership that is actually going to HAVE multiple units to sell (that aren't spoken for).
So this is going back to what has been discussed on multiple threads before about the importance of a waiting list. Do those two spots account for the special orders as well, or is that two for the lot and additional cars to cover all orders placed before the release date?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #34
Kimosen
Insider Informant

Drives: 2003 Sunfire
The way it works is that every dealership gets a certain allotment of cars. A waiting list occurs when the dealership has more orders for these cars than it has allotments.

For example, our dealership has no waiting list to order a 2008 Corvette Z06, or C6, but the dealership down the street does. This is because our dealership has a larger allotment of cars than they do. Simple as pie.

So how does this relate to the Camaro? It basically means that if there is a waiting list, there will be no cars on the lot. The only exception would be if a dealership wanted a Camaro to "show", which was not for sale. Otherwise, until the waiting list is tapped out, there will be no Camaros on the lot.

Hope this clears things up.
Kimosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #35
qwik3r

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I sent a message to a couple local dealers inquiring about their stance on dealer markup.

I've only heard back from one so far-

Bennett Chevrolet
6721 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234

This was my response from them regarding Dealer Markup-

Thanks for your request in regards the 2009 Camaro. It is our policy to limit our pricing on "hot" products to the actual MSRP. We do have a small waiting list. $500.00 deposit required. Cars will be offered in order of Deposit.

So, I had to ask about that deposit (I know a lot of people don't think we should put down a deposit, but I had to ask). My followup eMail was this-

Thank you very much for the information.

I do have a couple questions now though.

1- Does this deposit hold whatever vehicle arrives on the lot? Or does it guarantee the ability to order to my own specifications? (I personally wish to order my Camaro.)

2- Is this deposit refundable if, when details are released, the buyer decides to wait a bit longer to purchase? Or, God forbid, they decide they are unhappy with the production model and don't wish to purchase at all?

Thank you again,

And, lastly, their response to that-

The deposit secures your place in the allocation process, The Camaro would be ordered to your specifications baring any factory restrictions. The deposit is 100% refundable, we will not hold you to the car if it’s not as expected.

Thanks again for your interest.
Well this is good to know, i live in NJ and would prefer not traveling out of state to pick one of these bad boys up, however I must warn you about the deposit, it is much easier for them to say sure the deposit is refundable now then when you come in 6 months after you dropped it off requesting it back. Their GM will probably not sign off on it immediately and you won't be issued it back in cash, nor will a check probably be cut on the spot. Dealers don't like giving money back, especially deposits, i used to work for a Ford dealership and they would give customers the run around when attempting to give a deposit back.
qwik3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #36
luvacamaro5

Drives: Trans Am and Avalanche
Send a message via Yahoo to luvacamaro5
Any dealers in Tennessee? I have called a couple that have no current info on the cars! I need a dealer that wants to sell me a Camaro!
luvacamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #37
got2spd

Drives: 1998 Dale Earnhardt Monte
I just spoke with a sales manager from Priority Chevy in Norfolk VA. He stated to me that from his understanding production will start in Feb 2009. I asked about a waiting list or deposit... He stated to me that if there is anyone that has a waiting list or is taking deposits you might want to think twice about dealing with them. He stated Corporate Chevy has not given them hardly any information and if there are dealerships taking money, he is doubtful that deposit will guarentee anyone anything.

Priority is about the largest Chevy dealership in Hampton Roads and well trusted. He took my name and number and told me that he would contact me should he hear anything.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't mean to bash these guys...really:o

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2spd View Post
He stated to me that from his understanding production will start in Feb 2009.
:eek:...Uh, Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2spd View Post
He stated to me that if there is anyone that has a waiting list or is taking deposits you might want to think twice about dealing with them. He stated Corporate Chevy has not given them hardly any information and if there are dealerships taking money, he is doubtful that deposit will guarentee anyone anything.
Supposedly, the deposits that dealers are taking, are garanteeing a spot to order. But stupidly, this dealer is correct - no volume, or distribution numbers have been released.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #39
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvacamaro5 View Post
Any dealers in Tennessee? I have called a couple that have no current info on the cars! I need a dealer that wants to sell me a Camaro!
what part of TN? I have family there and my dad who's on this forum might be able to help. I know of a couple of dealerships I'd look into around the tri cities area. I honestly don't know what their stance is right now. I'll email my dad and see if he can find something out.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #40
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
As far as I know you can order as GM car from any GM dealer so I am putting this dealer because they would not go above MSRP for the Hummer. They should have a Chevy franchise soon anyway, I have a close relative who works there

Willamson Cadillac Hummer
US1 and SW 104th street (not sure the actual address)
Miami, FL
305-670-7100
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #41
rid2win
The Deal Maker

Drives: Regal And Shadow 750
Unhappy ordering

even though they are a gm dealer, until they become a chevy dealer, they won't be able to order any chevy product...sorry.:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
As far as I know you can order as GM car from any GM dealer so I am putting this dealer because they would not go above MSRP for the Hummer. They should have a Chevy franchise soon anyway, I have a close relative who works there

Willamson Cadillac Hummer
US1 and SW 104th street (not sure the actual address)
Miami, FL
305-670-7100
rid2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #42
PoPoCamaro

Drives: 2000 Dodge Dakota
Good Chevrolet in Renton, WA stated that they would be at or below msrp. Also, the only list they have is for calling people when they can order one.

Brett Chevrolet in Kent, WA will charge more than msrp.
PoPoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, arizona dealer, florida, louisiana, massachusetts, missouri msrp dealer, so cal dealers, www.camaroscotty.com