Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinginaMaro! View Post
My guess is the lettering says THR SS as the title of the thread is Tag's 2010 THRSS #2
Ding Ding Ding!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #156
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
WOW that stripe looks even better then you described it in Austin. Your car looks amazing, love the lettering on the hood too. That thing is impressive can't wait to see the final product.

Is that a piece of paper on the dash or a cut out for HUD? Sorry my monitor is really bad
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #157
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The piece of paper you see on the dash is the photoshop rendering that Bret W. did of how I wanted my Camaro. I told Tom that I wanted my Camaro to look, "just like that"....and that's exactly what he's doing.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #158
gettinginaMaro!

Drives: At the moment I gun a 50 cal
I am/was thinking of lettering on the cowl as well since it bring out the size & gives the car a more aggressive/powerful apperance IMO & I am defintaly loving the dark hood with light cowl I must rethink my original color plans though as the CGM & Black have been a very popular & rightfully so they look amazing well as it has been said many times I don't think there is a color that wouldn't look amazing if the Camaro was dressed in it once I'm home from Iraq & fet together with some poeple to do some renderings if I chose to do the cowl I will surely give the nod & credit to you TAG you are showing what an incredible layout it is (mine will be sans hockey sripes if I run with it though) I'm working a few ideas in the old brain bucket for the hoop/cowl wanting to be unique but when your behind the power curve it will be hard... I'm in love & envy for everyone back home with there Camaro's TAG your gonna kill them at the show
gettinginaMaro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #159
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Well....That was nice!

Thank you very much!

I have come to the realization that this hood/hockey combo is probably going to be something that you either love or hate. On top of that, the hockey stripes on my CGM are custom....Rick and I did this over the phone with tape and all.

I was surprised that a lot of people who didn't necessarily like hockey's before liked my interpretation. I hope they weren't just trying to be nice...but a few of them I know for a fact were sincere. I know this isn't something that is going to be loved by everyone. Hey....I mean, that's what makes all of our 5th Gens so unique. But, this is going to be something that for sure sticks out. ...then again...it's supposed to!

One thing I found out this morning from Don over at SLP, is that the wheels I want won't be available until August. That means, I'm going to have to roll around on some mis-matched midnight silver metallics for a month and a half before I can get the matching wheels. That really stinks since I wanted to show the "finished product" and not something that was still in the works. Oh well, what can I do. The majority of these parts are coming a day at a time. Stuff like this takes time and everything wont' be ready at once.

So, wheels are coming in August. I CAN NOT WAIT!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #160
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Yeah, I'm that way TAG. I'm not too crazy about hockey stripes, but I can't wait to see what the finished product of yours looks like...I know it will be awesome!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #161
gettinginaMaro!

Drives: At the moment I gun a 50 cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Well....That was nice!

Thank you very much!

I have come to the realization that this hood/hockey combo is probably going to be something that you either love or hate. On top of that, the hockey stripes on my CGM are custom....Rick and I did this over the phone with tape and all.

I was surprised that a lot of people who didn't necessarily like hockey's before liked my interpretation. I hope they weren't just trying to be nice...but a few of them I know for a fact were sincere. I know this isn't something that is going to be loved by everyone. Hey....I mean, that's what makes all of our 5th Gens so unique. But, this is going to be something that for sure sticks out. ...then again...it's supposed to!

One thing I found out this morning from Don over at SLP, is that the wheels I want won't be available until August. That means, I'm going to have to roll around on some mis-matched midnight silver metallics for a month and a half before I can get the matching wheels. That really stinks since I wanted to show the "finished product" and not something that was still in the works. Oh well, what can I do. The majority of these parts are coming a day at a time. Stuff like this takes time and everything wont' be ready at once.

So, wheels are coming in August. I CAN NOT WAIT!
I'm not against the hockey stripe I would just reserve that sombo for you as it is your interpitation & I look very much to seeing the finished product like so many others this forum is the only place I can get the best info on the Camaro & it is were I will be getting insperation ideas & tweaking them into my own at the moment as I'm sure EVERYONE has had I have at least 30 different "looks" in my head lol I just have no place to get them out of my head to help make a real dissicion that will have to wait until I am back in CALI! Wish you & ....??? (did you ever settle on a name?) the very best & it seems like it will take a little while till he gets his shows on but he'll still be a traffic stopper until then & after look out!
gettinginaMaro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #162
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I've only got about 500 miles so far but I think the midnight silvers are going to be great at hiding the brake dust.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #163
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I think the lettering says... "Reserved for Fast Lane" I'm just guessing here

I think whatever you end up doing, it's (gonna be) great looking car!
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #164
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I've only got about 500 miles so far but I think the midnight silvers are going to be great at hiding the brake dust.
THAT is for sure! The midnight silvers are actually GREAT rims...I'm not doggin' them at all. They just don't really work for my set up. When I found out that the rims I want will for sure be available in August, I just about flipped....after being told the day before that I might not be able to get them at all. Those midnight silvers are really good lookin'. I said "mismatched" as in not matching my paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I think the lettering says... "Reserved for Fast Lane" I'm just guessing here

I think whatever you end up doing, it's (gonna be) great looking car!
hehehe...That would be toooo cooooool. But not till AFTER I get the new wheels and other additions! Seriously, things like that NEVER crossed my mind. I'm not that lucky...hehe
Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #165
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I knew you weren't dogging them. I was just saying is all. The older I get, little things like hiding brake dust are more important to me. Wish I could see what a set of 20" Craigers would look like on the car though.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #166
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh yeah...I agree 100% on the brake dust part...and know what you mean about getting older...hehehehe.... It's even that much more difficult to hide when the wheels are chrome! You got a pic of those Craigers?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #167
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This ought to hold you over til August...
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #168
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
There is a new brake powder repel spray too I forget who makes it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper