Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #197
my1stgen515
2019 2SS

Drives: 2019 2ss w LT1, Mosaic Black & NPP
Wow, I was looking around and came across this great section. I tried it and my the exhaust sounds awesome. I have a question, though. Would this cause any damage to the exhaust system over time especially during the cold snowy winter months? If it doesn't I will drive with the fuse pulled from here on out. And, does it make sense to put the fuse back in when I have the car serviced at the dealership.
Thanks
my1stgen515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #198
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stgen515 View Post
Wow, I was looking around and came across this great section. I tried it and my the exhaust sounds awesome. I have a question, though. Would this cause any damage to the exhaust system over time especially during the cold snowy winter months? If it doesn't I will drive with the fuse pulled from here on out. And, does it make sense to put the fuse back in when I have the car serviced at the dealership.
Thanks
Hi my1stgen515,

There is absolutely no damage that will be caused to the exhaust system by pulling the fuse.

As far as servicing by the dealer ... in my opinion, that should not make any difference. But, dealers are all different and if you have one of those service guys who is a d-bag, there is always the risk that they will be looking for excuses to charge you. So, if you are concerned, then yes, put the fuse back in.

As you know by now, the only disadvantage of pulling the fuse is the exhaust is louder all the time. It is inconvenient to replace the fuse if you have the occasion where you want it quieter for a short period of time. If after you experience this for while, you find there are times where you wished it was quieter, you can then install an exhaust controller. I am biased, but I recommend one of the Forza controllers ... see the link below.

Best regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #199
my1stgen515
2019 2SS

Drives: 2019 2ss w LT1, Mosaic Black & NPP
Thanks man. I don't mind the "loud" I love it. I wish it was louder but hey, baby steps.. I'm new at this. I appreciate your very detailed and helpful comments..
my1stgen515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #200
jjackson44

Drives: 2012 LS V6 Camaro
Can you do an exhaust pull on a 2LS v6? If so, do you think that would make it sound louder? I have exhaust tips that came with the car, but I can't afford to put new exhaust on it anytime soon.
jjackson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #201
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson44 View Post
Can you do an exhaust pull on a 2LS v6? If so, do you think that would make it sound louder? I have exhaust tips that came with the car, but I can't afford to put new exhaust on it anytime soon.
If you have the NPP exhaust, you can do it. How many exhaust tips do you have? The NPP exhaust comes with 4. If you have 4, then get down and look at the exhaust tips. Two of them should have a vacuum actuator to open and close the flapper valves. In fact, if you look up the exhaust tip, you can see the flapper valve.

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #202
oreduks

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Yes it does..
oreduks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #203
olivj

Drives: 2015 Silver Ice Metallic SS Vert
Where can I find if I have NPP exhaust? I just purchased a 2015 rs\ss convertible and I do notice a change in the exhaust note from Idle to in gear also notice a metallic noise when the car is cold in reverse, goes away immediately once the car is at operating temp and doesn't come back until it sits over night. (brought to the dealer twice and they cannot seem to replicate).. Wondering if this will resolve that issue as well.....suggestions and comments?
olivj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #204
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivj View Post
Where can I find if I have NPP exhaust? I just purchased a 2015 rs\ss convertible and I do notice a change in the exhaust note from Idle to in gear also notice a metallic noise when the car is cold in reverse, goes away immediately once the car is at operating temp and doesn't come back until it sits over night. (brought to the dealer twice and they cannot seem to replicate).. Wondering if this will resolve that issue as well.....suggestions and comments?
Basically if its a factory exhaust with quad tips you most likely have NPP.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #205
olivj

Drives: 2015 Silver Ice Metallic SS Vert
I am thinking that I don't then....I have factory exhaust but not quad tips.....
olivj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:06 PM   #206
ToeKneeSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just pulled the fuse on my 13 ss, OMG I released the beast in my car. Sounds so much better and to me the car seems to accelerate smoother. Why is this not standard off the line? Thanks for the great suggestion and tips. Any other quick easy and or cheap mods to do to my 2013 SS?
ToeKneeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #207
Bambinov8
Banned

Drives: 2015 1le camaro
Good information
Bambinov8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #208
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Ok there seems to be some slight confusion as to what fuse to pull for the NPP exhaust modification. My intention is to clear up any confusion. I didn't take alot of pictures but I will take some more tomorrow and update certain areas to make this as painful as possible for those that will be attempting to do this. Install literally took 15mins and thats including fastening the cargo net plastic pieces. The vehicle used was a 2013 2SS/RS 1LE. For those wondering about pulling an engine code, you should not worry. I have not pulled a code thus far and haven't heard of anyone doing so. You only have to pull the fuse, do not pull the relay. This is only for the 2013 Camaro equipped with the NPP (Dual-mode exhaust) and or the 2012+ Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 which are equipped with NPP.

Install/Uninstall Estimate:
10-15mins or less

Tools
Flashlight (if neccessary)
Fuse puller (if neccessary)
Trim tool (if neccessary)

Fuse box is located in the trunk on the right side (passenger) behind the carpet panel. The fuse box is located behind the red square.
Attachment 458550

If needed there is a fuse puller located in the fuse box which is located underneath the hood. The fuse box is outlined in red.
Attachment 458265

1. Unfasten (1) flat black plastic revit
Attachment 458546
Attachment 458250

2. Unfasten (6) black plastic cargo net screws
Attachment 458547
Attachment 458251

3. Simply pull back the carpet to access the fuse box located in the trunk on the passenger side. Use a flash light if too dark.
Attachment 458269

4. Open the fuse box and locate F8. It should read "EXH FLAP" 10a. Pull the fuse with the fuse puller(located underneath the hood on the left side) if needed.
Attachment 458253

5. Now simply repeat steps 1-4 in reverse order to put everything back together. If you want to go back to stock, simply put the F8 fuse back in.

6. With the F8 fuse being pulled now the exhaust flaps will stay open, at any RPM and/or gear. You'll now witness the sound of god at any given time.

I hope this clears up some confusion on what to do and which fuse to pull. Any questions please feel free to ask, I can try and help the best way I can. Keep in mind also your stock 2013 Camaro with NPP, the exhaust flaps will stay open at idle/start up. This mod is only makes the flaps stay open all the time.
I did it on my '14 ZL1 and noticed that you only have to remove the flat black plastic revit (passenger side) and lift the side carpet cover, there you will find the fuse case. No need to remove the 6 flat black plastic cargo net screws.
After trying on City & highway drive this setting, I decided to go back to the stock setting, and just have the blast exhaust noise when I really hit the gas, at low speed it began to bother me the constant exhaust noise. To each their own.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #209
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
Fuse pull

Just did the fuse pull on my Npp exhaust and damn!! It sounds great at all rpm's. I recommend this free mod to anyone who wants that aggressive sound at all times...
Old 10-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #210
kinematic11
patiently waiting my turn

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
need the remote that comes with mild2wild

Well, i just read all 15 pages of this post, and read most of the links to other post as well. including the forza kit. and all the mods that include splicing wires. I purchased the car used, and it came with a mild2wild installed, as i pulled the carpet back to see if the previous owner pulled the fuse and walllah! there sits a mild2wild installed.

problem, there is no remote control with the car when i purchased it form a dealer.

so, ? is, how do i use this unit?

it is supposed to be a remote control unit, and i do not have the remote. i have no idea what position it is in either?

easy option is just to remove it and "do the fuse pull' and just be loud all the time

any idea of any remotes to get and program to the unit?

thanks

David

2013 Black 1LE
1984 trans am
kinematic11 is offline   Reply With Quote