Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
Harley Kidd

Drives: Black 2022, ZL1, Hurst M6 NPP
Thanks for the post and instruction. I did this a couple of days ago on my 13' 2SS and now I like my car even better.
Harley Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #30
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Kidd View Post
Thanks for the post and instruction. I did this a couple of days ago on my 13' 2SS and now I like my car even better.
Glad I could help!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
+1, much thanks!

Did the Fuse Pull...and the wow-factor just spiked!
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1ster View Post
+1, much thanks!

Did the Fuse Pull...and the wow-factor just spiked!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #33
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Great specs, thanks. In other posts regarding how to get to fuse box to install Mild2Wild exhaust controller it mentions & shows the need to lift the rubber trim on top of the liner. Did you have to touch that at all ? Also, the top liner rivet can be removed fairly easly with a hard plastic trim tool without ripping the liner . It will bend some of the rivet threads but it can still be used to put back in.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Great specs, thanks. In other posts regarding how to get to fuse box to install Mild2Wild exhaust controller it mentions & shows the need to lift the rubber trim on top of the liner. Did you have to touch that at all ? Also, the top liner rivet can be removed fairly easly with a hard plastic trim tool without ripping the liner . It will bend some of the rivet threads but it can still be used to put back in.
Rubber trim? Not sure what that is? Did the DIY work for you?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #35
camguynj

Here' the rubber trim piece (ie. deck lid seal) I was referring to in the other post about how to get to the fuse box to install the Mild2Wild controller... "Remove the deck lid seal...just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out." Did you have to lift the trunk latch carpet panel in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel to access ther fuse box?

I have not yet done the DIY. I just removed the rivets to see how hard the top one was to remove. I'm currently waiting on the Mild2Wild controller to come b4 procedding, but I'd like to do the "fuse pull" first using your technique.
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #36
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Did mine with finally filming:
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #37
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Did mine with finally filming:
To get to the fuse box were you able to lift up the passenger side carpet panel (after removing rivets & net fasteners) without having to lift up the carpet panel under the trunk latch?
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Here' the rubber trim piece (ie. deck lid seal) I was referring to in the other post about how to get to the fuse box to install the Mild2Wild controller... "Remove the deck lid seal...just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out." Did you have to lift the trunk latch carpet panel in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel to access ther fuse box?

I have not yet done the DIY. I just removed the rivets to see how hard the top one was to remove. I'm currently waiting on the Mild2Wild controller to come b4 procedding, but I'd like to do the "fuse pull" first using your technique.
Oh, ok. I'll take a pic of that area to include in the DIY.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Oh, ok. I'll take a pic of that area to include in the DIY.
I've seen pic's of it in the other post. I just want to know did you have to remove the deck lid seal just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel ?
Appearance:
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
I've seen pic's of it in the other post. I just want to know did you have to remove the deck lid seal just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel ?
I didn't have to remove a seal. Just had to pull the carpet down from the fastener on the top of the truck.

It took literally 5mins for everything.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #41
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I didn't have to remove a seal. Just had to pull the carpet down from the fastener on the top of the truck.

It took literally 5mins for everything.
Good, thanks for clarifying as I really wasn't looking forward to lifting up the trunk seal. Thanks again for the quick replies.

I'm an ole muscle car driver from back in the day ...prior vehicles: new '66 GTO, new '66 442 (everybody who didn't go to college had em)... I went at nite after being drafted. Now that I'm retired I got myself a new one again. 6 speed 426HP with Hurst short shifter with CAGS eliminator,NPP and aqua LED inside & underneath. I'm 18 again! Really helps to have the forum with guys like you sharing.
Appearance:
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #42
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Good, thanks for clarifying as I really wasn't looking forward to lifting up the trunk seal. Thanks again for the quick replies.

I'm an ole muscle car driver from back in the day ...prior vehicles: new '66 GTO, new '66 442 (everybody who didn't go to college had em)... I went at nite after being drafted. Now that I'm retired I got myself a new one again. 6 speed 426HP with Hurst short shifter with CAGS eliminator,NPP and aqua LED inside & underneath. I'm 18 again! Really helps to have the forum with guys like you sharing.
No problem! This site has helped me in sooo many ways the least I can do is put a DIY up for this. I didn't see anyone who had one so I snapped a few pics and wrote one up. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Hope it helps!