Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #127
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
Amazing build!!!! Congrats on COTW!! totally deserve it! and you sound like a great guy too! haha when that bumper is for sale i am definitely interested!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #128
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Kronix.....Well--that might just answer my question...I need to see the cowl on that beast...I thought I saw some badging....what I saw was pretty cool, but I need some "up and close".

Anyone ever tell you you have a nice car?---Yea, well---Nice car!!!!.....
All fixed now AquaBlue, but I haven't done any badging yet, although I have them all ready to go. Just waiting a bit because the painter advised not applying anything yet until all the chemicals have time to release from the paint. It's funny because the only badge right now is the SS on the front H Grille, and I've had quite a few people ask what kind of car is that. I'm working on something else for Roger @ EmblemPros also, thanks to Bill @ CAI, he's sending me a lid for my system with all part unattached and I'll have the main deck part hydro-coated to match the other pieces. Eric @ MPD1 sent me the gasket to use with the CAI so the ram air hood will force cold air directly into the unit. And I think you were the FIRST to tell me nice car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekow View Post
If KITT was a Camaro, that's what it would look like.
Thank you Ekow, we joke about it at the shop all the time. It was my builder's idea to add the red scanner behind the grille, and we keep saying "Michael" when it running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Congrats on COTW! Awesome build.
Thanks Gunny! I've followed your car as well as you sure have a mean machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgemeister View Post
Any worries about voiding your warranty while doing all of these upgrades? I've seen some of your comments on having them done by Chevrolet (or SLP?) but in the end, will Chevrolet give you any trouble over the upgrades? I thought that adding a supercharger voided the power train warranty as well.
Regarding warranty Judge, the supercharger when installed by an SLP approved installer or Chevy dealer is totally covered with a 5yr/100K Powertrain warranty, so I'm not worried about it. That was the main reason I chose to go with the SLP package. Now because of what I did with the suspension, by adding Pedders, Pfadt & BMR parts, that stuff obviously will not be covered by the factory warranty, but covered by the manufacturers warranty, and I'm much more confident in the Pedders, Pfadt & BMR parts over the stock parts they replaced. Car handles 100 times better than stock & I thought stock handled well. Hope that helps answer your question, if not hit me up or post up more questions, I'm more than happy to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1Lt View Post
Amazing build man. If I lived in your area, I'd photo-shoot your car free. Especially with that ZL1 facia!
I've seen some of your work Tx, I wish I lived closer too!!! Thank you sir and if you ever come to Cali, please let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Kronix... congrats on making COTW!! Well deserved!

Luke
Thanks SLP brother Luke!! Your build is going to be awesome as well, can't wait to see it and hear what you have to say about it!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #129
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHall651 View Post
Kronix, Thanks for the response. Hope you didn't think I was knocking you. I think you are doing everything just right. I would do the same thing with my Camaro if I were in your shoes. But about the lights. Did you get or need the DRL Harness and also what color matches the HID best (blue or white would be my guess but not sure). Thanks again.
Oh not at all J, I knew it was all positive!! Yes I did get the harness offered by Fieldgoal and his service was excellent! I used the switched option so I have a LED switch ring right above my lights, so I can turn on & off at will, because the model I have is the 2SS/RS, so they used to go off at night (Stupid idea IMO) I got the White Plasma bulbs for the DRLs and it's a perfect match, that's the one you want! Thank you bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
Amazing build!!!! Congrats on COTW!! totally deserve it! and you sound like a great guy too! haha when that bumper is for sale i am definitely interested!
Thank you Blake!! And I see you're in my neck of the woods, so that could work out for both of us perfectly! I'll keep you informed Blake!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #130
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Car looks great...well deserved COTW!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #131
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
For the Valentine 1 rear view mirror, I had to send my mirror along with the V1 Concealed Display to Radar Mirror, they then actually put the concealed display inside of my rear view, and do some sort of glass treatment so that the display shows up in my mirror.
Here's the link with an example:
http://www.radar-mirror.com/V1.html

The actual V1 radar is then concealed inside a custom pod and that get attached to the rear deck. I have to run the cable from the mirror along the side of the inside of the roof to the pod, then the pod gets wired directly to the V1 Remote Audio Adapter, which I'm mounting under my dash. Using that is how I operate the V1, I can turn it on/off and adjust the volume.

Here's some pics of the custom enclosure they made for me. I had to remove the cover of the V1 for it to fit inside, but that's real easy, just loosen the 4 screws and it comes right off.

The cool thing obviously is that the display is actually in your mirror, so you don't have to worry about having a radar detector on your front window, so cops & potential thieves won't even know it's there.

To do this you need the V1 Radar, the V1 Concealed Display & the V1 Remote Audio Adapter. The turn around time was 1 day after the company in Texas received my mirror, it worked out good for me because the car was having the supercharger installed & by the time it was done, I had my mirror back. Once I attach the pod to the rear deck, I'll take some pictures of it and the display on the mirror, but you can get a good idea of what it looks like by the website.
so did you buy the radar and the mirror kit separate or what? Im confused..

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #132
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
COTW

Congrats on COTW. Well deserved beautiful car
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #133
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
so did you buy the radar and the mirror kit separate or what? Im confused..
DuhKoDuh, to do what I did, for the cheapest price you need purchase this from Valentine 1 http://www.valentine1.com/
*The V1 Radar locater with Laser Warning-$399
*Concealed Display with Band Identification-$39
-(This part goes inside your rearview mirror, I believe they use 2 way glass when they do the conversation, and you also retain all it's regular functions as well)
*VI Remote Audio adaptor-$49, I have this mounted in my center console and you can turn on/off, cycle through functions, and adjust volume with it.

Then you need to send your rearview mirror (very easy to disconnect) & the Concealed Display unit to Scott Wheeler @ http://www.radar-mirror.com/Store_V1_Mirrors.html. They also sell complete mirror replacements. He will make the pod you see pictured for $99 and that pod holds the V1 radar unit on your roof liner. I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet of that, but with a black roof liner it looks like it came from the factory (He can do other materials as well) You get your RV mirror back with the Concealed Display installed and and a long power wire out of the back mirror which you can seamlessly run to the radar unit. The pod also has a long power wire that goes to the V1 unit in pod and then run to power. You can mount the Remote Audio Adaptor wherever you like. I promise to post up better pics to fully understand, but check out Scott's we site it's packed with info and he has the best price around for this mod, some high end shops charger a few grand for it.
Hope that helps, if not just hit me up!

Thanks Dangeruss & Racer778!!! I appreciate it highly!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #134
fisherssmoke

Drives: Black SS
very nice, lots to be learned from your thread, congrats
Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #135
Kronix

Thanks very much fisherssmoke, appreciate it kindly!

Was a little under the weather today so I didn't have a chance to get to the shop to take some pics of the V1 Radar system as promised....Tomorrow definitely!

In addition to the Pfadt Front Radius Arm Bearings & Rear Upper Control Arm Inner Bushing that are going on tomorrow when we do the Pedders Eccentric Bolts, I just purchased from MTI there High Grade/High Performance Tensioner & 87mm Billet pulley to replace the stock tensioner & the plastic stock pulley. I also ordered the ZL1 Fuel Pump from Patrick @ GM Parts Warehouse today, so that will match my ZL1 front bumper In addition, I just got the new Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker kit from Jonathan @ AAC...When will it stop???

I'd like to personally thank Bill@CAI for helping me out by sending me a lid for my CAI intake but disassembled, because the actual metal lid will be going to Roger @ Emblem Pros to get matching Hydro-coat treatment, and I'll be leaving the plexglass off and using the gasket sent by Eric at MPD1 for a tight seal on the ram air hood. Pics of that as soon as it arrives. Still contemplating the proper badging and placement.

I'm thinking of getting my stock SS rims powder-coated matte Black, to use for racing/track days, may start that project next week. I think with the adjustable Pedders suspension it would be nice to have 2 sets of rims to swap back & forth.

Thanks again for the great honor of COTW!!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #136
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Kronix it looks great! Congrats on COTW... very deserving indeed. I just love the Valentine install. That is really tugging on my MUST DO string.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #137
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
AMAZING BUILD!!! Congrats on COTW!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #138
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
FREAKIN WICKED....Congrats.
bad azz ride.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #139
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
DuhKoDuh, to do what I did, for the cheapest price you need purchase this from Valentine 1 http://www.valentine1.com/
*The V1 Radar locater with Laser Warning-$399
*Concealed Display with Band Identification-$39
-(This part goes inside your rearview mirror, I believe they use 2 way glass when they do the conversation, and you also retain all it's regular functions as well)
*VI Remote Audio adaptor-$49, I have this mounted in my center console and you can turn on/off, cycle through functions, and adjust volume with it.

Then you need to send your rearview mirror (very easy to disconnect) & the Concealed Display unit to Scott Wheeler @ http://www.radar-mirror.com/Store_V1_Mirrors.html. They also sell complete mirror replacements. He will make the pod you see pictured for $99 and that pod holds the V1 radar unit on your roof liner. I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet of that, but with a black roof liner it looks like it came from the factory (He can do other materials as well) You get your RV mirror back with the Concealed Display installed and and a long power wire out of the back mirror which you can seamlessly run to the radar unit. The pod also has a long power wire that goes to the V1 unit in pod and then run to power. You can mount the Remote Audio Adaptor wherever you like. I promise to post up better pics to fully understand, but check out Scott's we site it's packed with info and he has the best price around for this mod, some high end shops charger a few grand for it.
Hope that helps, if not just hit me up!

Thanks Dangeruss & Racer778!!! I appreciate it highly!
awesome thanks for the detailed reply!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #140
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Kronix it looks great! Congrats on COTW... very deserving indeed. I just love the Valentine install. That is really tugging on my MUST DO string.
Thanks Orange Krate, appreciate it! The V1 install was one of my favorites, gets rid of the unsightly cord & suction cup mounts, definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
AMAZING BUILD!!! Congrats on COTW!!!!
Appreciate it ssmokinhot, glad to join the ranks of the COTW Crew!! Your build is awesome too, really can appreciate a woman that can wrench it & has an eye for good cars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
FREAKIN WICKED....Congrats.
bad azz ride.
Thanks Earnest
I was going for the "wicked" theme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
awesome thanks for the detailed reply!

Pleasure to help DKD, you should really look into it. I'm really going to try to get some pics of the pod mounted & the RV mirror with the V1 visible today.

Last edited by Kronix; 03-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx