Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #29
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Some people have to be taught.
I agree, but we are not all teachers. Getting home safely to my wife and daughter who depend on me is more important than teaching some D-bag a lesson in my mind. I choose my battles, and am not about to risk a possibly violent conflict over a car ding with some guy who is obviously looking for trouble and is possibly hopped up on who knows what, and has who knows what on them. To many crazies out there in my opinion, and I don't want to end up on the news due to one of the, hopefully someone does teach that guy some respect, but it wont be me. That's just my opinion.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #30
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
I came out the other night from seeing a movie and a guy had parked within 6-8 inches of my car on the passenger side, even though the spots were huge and he had plenty of room on the other side. I walked in between the cars and it was so dark I couldn’t see any damage, but I was going to pull out into the light to check. As I was backing out the owner of the car came fast-walking towards my car, got right in front of my car and started mouthing something at me. He was very aggressive and without sounding prejudice, looked like the type that could be carrying a gun or knife on him. I chose to drive off.

Later I saw a huge door ding on my car. I don’t know if it was caused by him because I hadn’t checked over there in a while, but it seemed likely. Took it to a body shop and they said PDR won’t fix it and whoever did that probably had to do it deliberately to get that much of a dent. So if it was the guy from the night before, sounds like he was just looking for a fight.

I am pissed, but at the same time I’m kind of glad I didn’t see it that night and confront him. Seemed like a bad situation all around. What do you think you would have done?
Strange that he was so aggressive. Maybe he was convinced your parking job was bad and wanted to vent. I think at the very least I would have cracked my window to hear what exactly his issue was, while having my car in gear ready to pull away should he feel the need to be a jackass.

Bummer, sad thing is the cops likely wouldn't give a door ding the time of day. They have much better things to be doing (not that they are doing them).
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #31
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
I think most of the folks saying I should have called the cops don't realize that's not very practical. A cop is just going to say it's a door ding and probably not going to go after a license plate for that.

And if I called the cops and waited on them to show, I'm certain the guy would have driven off. I just don't think calling the cops would have solved anything. Now if he had keyed my car, that would be a different story.
A door ding can easily be a $5K repair cost if the door needs to be replaced (usually does if creased). The party who dings the door has either defaced or destroyed your private property (depending on your local laws) and is very much a police matter.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #32
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
im actually surprised you did something a lot of people wouldn't have done... because people (especially ones who own camaro's ) have this crazy pride where they would wanna do something about it. but good choice OP... you did good i think. the situation could have been much more worst than a mark on your door. goodluck!
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #33
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
He parks on top your car and gets loud at you? I would've knocked him out. I can't believe how many say it's just a car blah,blah, blah. To me it's honor, respect with a dash of pride mixed in. That's why this world is becoming what it is. Because of a lack of respect. Some people have to be taught.
you and i alike... i can't stand that. and i have a short temper for things like that.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #34
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Yea...no doubt gun play would have helped this situation!
You gave your opinion on this thread, (and many others) everyone pretty much understands your position. Why do you continually crap all over every post a forum member makes that disagrees with your opinion on this issue?

You have a right to disagree, but others also have a right to voice thier opinion as you did. Stop antagonising everybody, it's beyond old, it's now teetering on childish.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #35
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Probably not the right thing to do but I might have driven away and circled back after he was away from the car and then put a big footprint nice and deep on his door.
Like I said, not the brightest idea but in the heat of the moment we all get a little emotional with our cars..........
SSMY1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #36
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Yea...no doubt gun play would have helped this situation!
I said he did the right thing. I never said that he should have started shooting at the guy, typical... I suggested a CHL because if he didn't think he could physically(fighting and strength wise) protect himself than maybe it would be good to carry a gun. In addition, I'm not saying that he should just walk into bad situations with a gun, but maybe it would give him a little more confidence. To each his own.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #37
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Or slashed his tires (Tires are always good because he has to buy new )
Just pull the valve stems.
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #38
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
I said he did the right thing. I never said that he should have started shooting at the guy, typical... I suggested a CHL because if he didn't think he could physically(fighting and strength wise) protect himself than maybe it would be good to carry a gun. In addition, I'm not saying that he should just walk into bad situations with a gun, but maybe it would give him a little more confidence. To each his own.
I'm a LEO... brandishing a gun will place you in jail just walk away.. nothing macho about strapping on a gun..

Trouble is easy to get into and hard to get out of...

He did the right thing....
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #39
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
I'm a LEO... brandishing a gun will place you in jail just walk away.. nothing macho about strapping on a gun..

Trouble is easy to get into and hard to get out of...

He did the right thing....
Like I said, he did the right thing. I wasn't saying that he should wave his gun out and go shooting up the place. I was talking about conceal carry. I also never said anything about carrying a gun for "macho purposes". I said for protection, and it was just a suggestion. If its legal, theres nothing wrong with conceal carrying a gun for protection. It makes me feel safer, not macho.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #40
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
Well if you're going to bring logic into this discussion there's gonna be trouble.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #41
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
honestly I don't know what I would have done, in most cases I wouldn't take crap from anyone. but not being in your area and in your shoes it is hard to say. I once had a guy park like two inches from my drivers door at at convienence store and I went in and found the guy and asked him how the hell am I supposed to get in my car? but that was back then, times have changed in the last 15/20 years. people are more crazy now a days!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
This is why I wouldn't drive my car to the movies. Too much to worry about! I wouldn't even be able to enjoy the movie because I would be worried about my camaro. This is why it's good to have a second car.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote