Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Possible Sticking Clutch Band-aid/Fix!!!

I have been doing a lot of research on this because I have the issue with prolonged spirited driving. After looking at the mod to separate the clutch fluid from the brake fluid, I noticed ONLY one hose goes to the clutch. My thought was if the same fluid in the line stays in the line, it can heat up and cause the issue. What I am trying to say is that I think not all the clutch fluid changes out when pumping the clutch only one time. So I experimented today and between times of spirited driving I pumped the clutch several times when stopped. I had zero issues with the clutch sticking to the floor today. Maybe some else can try to verify this!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited by steeleshark2; 07-10-2011 at 07:18 PM.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
I'll def give this a try tormorrow and let you know what happens...as Im ready to junk my ZR-1 clutch.... and take the $2000.00 and throw it out the damn window. Tomorrow Im getting on the phone with Ram to see about getting it rebuilt... At least it never stuck to the floor...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Interesting...
Old 07-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
I'll def give this a try tormorrow and let you know what happens...as Im ready to junk my ZR-1 clutch.... and take the $2000.00 and throw it out the damn window. Tomorrow Im getting on the phone with Ram to see about getting it rebuilt... At least it never stuck to the floor...
I don't think there was anything wrong with your RAM clutch other than a busted line to the slave cylinder that caused the leak. The dumb ass mechanic thought it was a good opportunity to sell a complete new clutch (ZR1). The RAM clutches especially the RTrack can hold a lot of power, and so far in my comparison I haven't found any other (besides the SPED Twin) that come close or surpasses 1300lbtq. Most other are about 900-1000 but none are 1300.
So, you were probably just fine with the RAM and just busted the line or maybe bad slave cylinder.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I don't think there was anything wrong with your RAM clutch other than a busted line to the slave cylinder that caused the leak. The dumb ass mechanic thought it was a good opportunity to sell a complete new clutch (ZR1). The RAM clutches especially the RTrack can hold a lot of power, and so far in my comparison I haven't found any other (besides the SPED Twin) that come close or surpasses 1300lbtq. Most other are about 900-1000 but none are 1300.
So, you were probably just fine with the RAM and just busted the line or maybe bad slave cylinder.
My leak wasn't from the clutch.. it was from the valley cover gasket.. I had to pull my supercharger up and replace it.. There was oil all over the bell housing, starter... it was also running into the bottom of the bell housing.. I'm surprised that it didn't get on my clutch... Also I just changed my oil the other day.. and I seen oil AGAIN.. I took some engine cleaner and cleaned everything underneath my car.. Im hoping the tech just did a bad just cleaning it up the first time.. I sure hope it still isn't leaking... Cause if it is.. I think I'm going to lose it....

Also the tech didn't sell me the clutch.. I bought it online from lingenfelter.. I just tried to them.. but they close at 5:00... so I just missed them..

Today, (STEELESHARK2)I tried your idea of pumping up the clutch to see if it help before a high rpm shift.... and to be honest, I think it did.. I wasn't able to really get the RPM to redline.. But I shifted at 5000.... Clutch didn't stick..

All I know is this is some crazy sh*t to have to go through... I'm seriously thinking of having Livernois come get my car again.. I'm all out of ideas on how to fix this problem correctly....

If I don't get a fix from lingenfelter... and my car is once again leaking oil... Im calling Andy at Livernois.... I didn't have this problem when I got it back from them and I trust them to do a great job on my car if I send it back to them...

All I want is my car to be right.. Heck... might as well get forged internals installed while it's there and crank my supercharger up.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
master clutch cylinder is the problem, along with the whole stock hydraulic system. contact member JUDE on here. he had a 1000rwhp clutch problem and Fastlane replaced it all but i don't remember what they used

when i launched my car at the track with the stock clutch it got stuck half way one time but i never had it happen again. JUDE on the other hand went through a twin disk ceramic in one weekend before they fixed his problem
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
I have been doing a lot of research on this because I have the issue with prolonged spirited driving. After looking at the mod to separate the clutch fluid from the brake fluid, I noticed ONLY one hose goes to the clutch. My thought was if the same fluid in the line stays in the line, it can heat up and cause the issue. What I am trying to say is that I think not all the clutch fluid changes out when pumping the clutch only one time. So I experimented today and between times of spirited driving I pumped the clutch several times when stopped. I had zero issues with the clutch sticking to the floor today. Maybe some else can try to verify this!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Has anyone else tried this yet?
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote