Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #155
bad_bear

Drives: Camero Synergy LT1 Coupe
Taking off the rear bumper is overkill. The install may take an hour. If you read and follow the instructions there is only one wire that you don't connect. That is the wire you ground to the body to put the lights in show mode. My lights have performed flawlesly. When the battery on my LT1 failed and the lights went into the show mode. Go figure, mabe it is because i hooked up the ground through a relay so I could activate the show mode with a remote. Anyways I purchased my lights through BadMab. He said it would take about 90 days and it did. Their are several copies to the Technalsia lights, but Technalsia are the best and coolest. Just my 2 cents.
bad_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #156
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post

Thanks again, and you have one hell of an amazing looking car. You chose and continue to choose fantastic mods that add to the car perfectly. It looks mean as hell.
Thanks man, that means a lot! You've got a pretty awesome car yourself! The lighting mods you have done are simply mind-boggling to me!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #157
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bear View Post
Taking off the rear bumper is overkill. The install may take an hour. If you read and follow the instructions there is only one wire that you don't connect. That is the wire you ground to the body to put the lights in show mode. My lights have performed flawlesly. When the battery on my LT1 failed and the lights went into the show mode. Go figure, mabe it is because i hooked up the ground through a relay so I could activate the show mode with a remote. Anyways I purchased my lights through BadMab. He said it would take about 90 days and it did. Their are several copies to the Technalsia lights, but Technalsia are the best and coolest. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks a ton. I'll try the install on Saturday without removing the bumper at first, and if I run into issues, I'll remove it for added room. These taillights are definitely one of the best out there, if not the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Thanks man, that means a lot! You've got a pretty awesome car yourself! The lighting mods you have done are simply mind-boggling to me!
Thanks! I truly appreciate it . I'm definitely trying to make it unique. I just finished my custom engine cover lighting and that I was very happy with. These Camaro's are just too much fun to mod.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #158
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Smile Love em

Just got my lights delivered.
Read the instruction to the T, went down, ripped everything apart and started the install. 1 hour 7 minutes later, all finished and working perfectly.
Those suckers are sweet.
The 7 min are actually me standing behind the car and hitting the lock/unlock buttons, with a grin of course.........

Thanks APEX
Attached Images

MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #159
TCAT

I forgot to provide an update as well. My install went perfectly smooth and I made sure I cleaned the heck out of every nook and cranny near, on, and around the taillight housing of the car, then began the installation. I tested the lights over and over again, and all seems perfect. This was all installed on Saturday. You can see pictures of it in my build thread. I provide pictures as well as a description. I had the rear fascia blacked out as well in gloss black, and had my taillight bezels painted gloss black. It definitely changed to the look of the back end of the car.

I do have a question though. When the hazard (aka emergency flashers) lights are engaged, it rapid flashes just like the brakes, which seems normal. However, if kept on long enough, the emergency flashers will also do a sequential pattern as if the turn signals were activated. It only does it a few times, then returns to rapid flash, and then sequential returns again after maybe 10-15 seconds. Is that normal? It must be a pattern built into the computer of the taillights.

Last edited by TCAT; 08-29-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #160
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
I notized that too with the hazard flasher. That was the first thing I turned on after the door locks. This must be programmed in the PIC. Kinda cool, I think.
MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #161
TCAT

I think the pattern during the emergency flashers is pretty cool too. I just hope it's legal. Lol
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #162
millville resident

Drives: H3, 2010 Camaro
Hey guys.

I have had these my replacement set installed since August last year and up until 2 days ago I have had zero issues.I take a look last night and 3 of my LEDs are not on within the upper crescent of my driver's side outter light. Does anyone know if there could be a connector loose or are my 3 LEDs just hooped?
millville resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #163
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
these lights have been nothing short of nightmare. I wish i never got them.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #164
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarostar2010 View Post
these lights have been nothing short of nightmare. I wish i never got them.
When did you buy them?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #165
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by millville resident View Post
Hey guys.

I have had these my replacement set installed since August last year and up until 2 days ago I have had zero issues.I take a look last night and 3 of my LEDs are not on within the upper crescent of my driver's side outter light. Does anyone know if there could be a connector loose or are my 3 LEDs just hooped?
Got my set around the end of June. A day after my install three led's on the outer drivers side went out. Received a replacement a few weeks later. Yesterday, three led's in sequential order went out and strangly enough, the driverside outer once again. Definitely not a water issue because they were siliconed to the Max. I emailed Todd but have not heard back. I Love the lights but find it annoying that at any time they can blow out. Both times the same light has had an issue. Coincidence? I don't know but having to replace it again stinks.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #166
Camaroowner77

Drives: The Red Menace
So i just came home from school today to my dad telling me he ordered me and him tail lights for our cars and so i asked what brand and he said technostalgia and i originally didnt want to get the lights because of all the problems but since he ordered them should i try them out or cancel the order?
Camaroowner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #167
Gabriel

Drives: Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroowner77 View Post
So i just came home from school today to my dad telling me he ordered me and him tail lights for our cars and so i asked what brand and he said technostalgia and i originally didnt want to get the lights because of all the problems but since he ordered them should i try them out or cancel the order?
I suggest you to try them out! .. 2 days ago my mechanic install the led taillights in my Camaro , i have pictures.. i already upload a picture in the external modification forum!! check it out! btw: I luvvvv this lights!
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #168
Camaroowner77

Drives: The Red Menace
Are they easy to get out incase i want to switch back to factory in case of any problems?
Camaroowner77 is offline   Reply With Quote