Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Help! Black or Silver

I"m struggling with black or silver for my camaro. I like black but I'm worried some of the detailing will wash out. At times silver bores me. Any suggestions on how to decide?

Are the Camaro silver and black the same color as on any other Chevy's?
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
wow. two opposite ends of the spectrum. hard choice. black is a bitc* to keep clean. and silver is easy to keep clean but it seems like every one has it. i would go with silver and put some black racing stripes that way you get your black AND silver. ALSO that way the black does not cover the sexy figure and curves of this car just my opinion.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
I'm debating between the same two colors. Every car I've owned has been black. It looks beautiful when it's clean. But for me it never stays clean more than 24 hours. Scratches show very easily on it. And it's like every month or two I'll find a new scratch somewhere on my car and man does it p*ss me off. Also after 4 or 5 years, if the car is your daily driver the color starts to fade, and it's not that sleek black like it used to be. Unless you constantly polish, wax, seal.... Why do I keep getting black? It just looks so nice when it's clean.

I am also considering white or silver. I think silver looks really nice on the Camaro seeing from the indy pics. Scratches don't show as easily, and it won't look dirty like a black car will after a day of being outside. However my only reserve about getting silver is I don't know if I'll think the color looks boring after time. Which is why I'm planning on adding black stripes, or getting the rims powder coated black or something like that, to enhance its appearance.

Also is this going to be your daily driver? 2nd car? If it's going to be your weekend car and is going to spend more time in the garage and under a cover than outside (I hope not) then I don't think it'll matter what color you get it. Seeing you'll have less maintenance.

I also want to see how white & cyber gray looks like on it...

But just get whatever you like. When you see the car in person, despite the things I said, pick the color that moves your soul...
Old 09-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
I'm debating between the same two colors. Every car I've owned has been black. It looks beautiful when it's clean. But for me it never stays clean more than 24 hours. Scratches show very easily on it. And it's like every month or two I'll find a new scratch somewhere on my car and man does it p*ss me off. Also after 4 or 5 years, if the car is your daily driver the color starts to fade, and it's not that sleek black like it used to be. Unless you constantly polish, wax, seal.... Why do I keep getting black? It just looks so nice when it's clean.

I am also considering white or silver. I think silver looks really nice on the Camaro seeing from the indy pics. Scratches don't show as easily, and it won't look dirty like a black car will after a day of being outside. However my only reserve about getting silver is I don't know if I'll think the color looks boring after time. Which is why I'm planning on adding black stripes, or getting the rims powder coated black or something like that, to enhance its appearance.

Also is this going to be your daily driver? 2nd car? If it's going to be your weekend car and is going to spend more time in the garage and under a cover than outside (I hope not) then I don't think it'll matter what color you get it. Seeing you'll have less maintenance.

I also want to see how white & cyber gray looks like on it...

But just get whatever you like. When you see the car in person, despite the things I said, pick the color that moves your soul...
Not daily driver I have a company car, will drive on weekends mostly. Been looking at cyber grey also. Want to order as soon as they become available so seeing the colors up close on the camaro is out. That is why I am wondering if I can find these colors in any other Chevy's. Do you know if other Chevys have these colors?
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg3 View Post
Not daily driver I have a company car, will drive on weekends mostly. Been looking at cyber grey also. Want to order as soon as they become available so seeing the colors up close on the camaro is out. That is why I am wondering if I can find these colors in any other Chevy's. Do you know if other Chevys have these colors?
Ok well if it's going to be your weekend car then black won't be a problem.

Umm as far as the same colors being offered on other cars goes, that I really can't tell you. I do know that the black on the Camaro looks like the same base black that's on my Cobalt SS Supercharged. I know the white will also be the same that's offered on the Cobalt, and probably the Impala, Malibu maybe.

I think Cyber grey is offered on the Malibu... Not positive.

Inferno Orange however is a new color I'm pretty positive exclusive to the Camaro.

It's not like the sun-burst metallic orange that is on the Cobalt SS & Corvette...

Yeah seeing the color in person on the car you want is the best way to get an idea of how it'll look. However I'm sure in the next few months there will be pics of the Camaro especially before launch giving you an idea of what all the other colors will look like on it.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
The colors I have scene are the Cyber Gray, Aqua Blue, and Imperial Blue. Black is ok during the day time, but at night it just gets boring. Silver is a nice color but every one has it. If I were you I would go with the cyber grey for a mix of both if you are going to be happy with a factory paint job. After the first six months of having my car I will look to see how well the car sits with me for the paint after that, and if I decide to change it I will be going with the Bumblebee paint job. Not a yellow with black stripes. The actual paint job.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Silver. Black seems to swallow up all the various lines of a car, causing it to lose some of it's sharpness. That and it's impossible to keep looking clean.

Silver and White are #1
Cyber Gray is #2

For me anyway.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Cyber Gray is a happy medium if you can't choose between silver and black.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
you beat me to it!!! cyber gray is my choice

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
I had the same struggle. For me it was a toss up but I decided to go with silver. I like the way silver contrasts between the tinted windows and chrome rims -which is my cars' destiny, plus it'll look hot at night. Still... black looks veeery menacing.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
cyber gray

i think im going to go with a bumblebee yellow black stripes

or a red and black stripes

blue and white stripes

cyber gray

inferno orange black stripes

such a hard decision!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
That's the way I'm leaning.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
onlynotyou_ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
well if you look at the interior of the SS you'd want to keep it silver.
onlynotyou_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynotyou_ss View Post
well if you look at the interior of the SS you'd want to keep it silver.
I think that interior is the best reason not to get an SS in silver. It clashes so much. That interior needs to be in an orange or black car to match.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote